• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I'm going to cancel one of my NewEgg preorders and pick it up on the day I get my system rather then waiting until getting it in the middle of the week. Once again got a non-answer from them for when it would be shipped out or at least processed. Just need to decide between them. Black Ops 2 or ZombiU.

Any advice on what should be gotten first and which one I should wait to arrive in the mail? Looking forward to both equally and I can't make up my mind.

I rented the 360 version of BO2 to hold me over until Sunday and it is definitely good for killing time, I heard the campaign is pretty good too but I am waiting for the Wii U version to play it. So if you need that CoD multiplayer fix ASAP and can wait the extra few days for ZombiU you will be happy with BO2.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Amazing OT :eek:

Lego City Undercover is not a launch title ??

Speaking of lego, how come LotR isn't on wiiU? Travellers tales have supported wii with lego games, and twin screens would be perfect for local co-op without the headspace inducing spinning split screen

We're so close to launch! I'll be getting the Wii U Premium bundle with:

NSMB U
ZombiU
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Epic Mickey 2

These, along with Nintendoland, should keep me busy until Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101 release.

BlackJace

So I wonder if anybody is gonna get jumped or get into a kerfuffle at these launches.
Some dudes at the Target I got my Wii at were pretty close to murdering each other.

Fox Mulder

I would imagine that they're going to be downloading a lot of retail games; with the games being on 25GB discs and at least one of them filling up a lot of that space, it adds up pretty quick.

I've only downloaded a few retail games on xbla. No way will I be able to constantly download 25GB games on my Internet.

PhantomR

Banned
Oi!

For those of us who are getting the Deluxe bundle, NintendoLand better have a Club Nintendo PIN code included! I don't care if it's part of the bundle, I want those extra coins!

Between this, NSMBU, Layton and Paper Mario, I better have Platinum status by the end of the month! Make it happen, Nintendo :)

Keyouta

Just got a call from EB. My Wii U is in and ready for pickup on Sunday!

The EB in Fort Mac hasn't called me yet, hopefully it's nothing to worry about. I'll probably phone them tomorrow anyway. Did you pay in full or just put $50 down?

Glass Joe

Oi!

For those of us who are getting the Deluxe bundle, NintendoLand better have a Club Nintendo PIN code included!
I don't care if it's part of the bundle, I want those extra coins!

Between this, NSMBU, Layton and Paper Mario, I better have Platinum status by the end of the month! Make it happen, Nintendo :)

One of the unboxings said it didn't, though. I'm guessing maybe the Deluxe will earn more coins than the Basic though, so it will probably come out in the wash.

Oi!

For those of us who are getting the Deluxe bundle, NintendoLand better have a Club Nintendo PIN code included! I don't care if it's part of the bundle, I want those extra coins!

It doesn't, but I'd imagine the Deluxe will earn you more coins than the Basic.

EDIT: Beaten like Glass Joe Gabby Jay.

Video is amusing and non-sensical, and I like the katamari-esque design, but I won't use my brand new Wii U gamepad for playing a game with my drunk friends.

agreed, the gamepad sounds too precious for a lot of things, without seeing a replacement in stores it makes it harder to judge what you want to risk it for

The EB in Fort Mac hasn't called me yet, hopefully it's nothing to worry about. I'll probably phone them tomorrow anyway. Did you pay in full or just put $50 down?

Just put down $50. The store I'm going to is probably calling everyone early. They guy did say that they were in stock and they were set aside for preorders. I asked him if they had some for walk-ins and he said they did but not enough to meet demand.

Beautiful OT.

I'm so pumped. I have a Deluxe console on preorder from Toys R Us' website. Not getting my hopes up for it going out before Monday, but at least I opted for one-day shipping.

You guys look rather… familiar.

I'm digging posts 1, 2, 4 and 5. 3 seems a bit lacking.

So I noticed that the Wii U station at my local Target is all videos. There's nothing playable. Are there any places that have interactive content? I'm interested in exploring some of the Wii U's features, but all the system is sporting in the stores really is just a few touchscreen virtual buttons and a big HD screen. That's seriously lacking.

backlot

Siblings, friends, breakage?

You can't use more than one at at a time so I don't see why you'd want to bother with buying one for every sibling right now. The controllers are probably gonna be pretty expensive anyway. If it breaks you can get Nintendo to repair it for you.

So I noticed that the Wii U station at my local Target is all videos. There's nothing playable. Are there any places that have interactive content? I'm interested in exploring some of the Wii U's features, but all the system is sporting in the stores really is just a few touchscreen virtual buttons and a big HD screen. That's seriously lacking.

Are you sure Rayman didn't have its demo activated? I'm assuming the layout is like the World Store stations. I'll try to find a link.

Effect

Bah. Going to wait in the end for both to arrive in the mail. $15 off each (ZombiU and Black Ops) is worth the wait and I can't just toss that away by being impatient. There is still Nintendo Land that comes with the system. BO1 PC still is active so if I get the itch I still have that. ZombiU was going to be a night time/weekend game anyway and I could be really tired Sunday night depending how early I get up. Maybe I'll cave on Tekken or Mass Effect 3 at the counter in the end and charge it (though just zeroed the balance after fully paying off the system).

Thanks.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member

The Best Buy I went to let you play Rayman and .... Rayman. That's the only demo for in-store kiosks so far.

So Little Inferno is coming out on the 18th, but there are no videos of the gameplay yet? I really loved world of goo but don't want to jump in blind.

RetroMG

I didn't see this in the FAQ in the OP. Does the Wii U require Wii Motion Plus controllers, or can regular wiimotes be used?

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
…oh, shit! Why the hell aren't I at Best Buy RIGHT NOW?!?

That's like if the GameCube had a demo of "Super Mario 65" or "Ocarina of Space" a week before release. :O

Game did look quite nice and it was fun to check out too. I got there literally right after the Nintendo rep set it up. Was lucky I got there when I did. Any earlier and I would not have gotten to play.

As for Wii motion plus it just depends on the game. A few Nintendo Land Attractions require plus but most work with normal remotes.

Ok kiddies, here we go!

Deluxe Bundle
w/ Nintendo Land
NSMBU
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
FIFA13
Just Dance 4
Epic Mickey 2
Tank! Tank! Tank!
ACIII (maybe)

I'm going with the WD My Book 2TB HDD (On Amazon for $109)

Shazam! Wow. I'm getting a lot of stuff. ^_^

wow that is a lot of stuff why did you get the 2TB if you got all your games on disk?

I am hoping all games are DD on eShop at launch I want the points >_<

I also got 2TB but this one
Western Digital WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0

I see a lot of people are saying why do we need a 2TB but but but screenshots of all my games?
who knows what else we can have as apps.

Dragon Quest X!

Very psyched for this launch. Really disappointed though that my gamestop is not doing a midnight opening, or even opening early on Sunday. If I had known that I would have pre-ordered elsewhere.

So for launch I'm going with

Deluxe system
NSMBU
AC3
Zombie U
Darksiders 2
Batman Akham City

I've already got AC3, and Darksiders 2 and Batman are both pre-ordered through Newegg, so I don't expect them till like the 23/24 if I'm fucking lucky. I also picked up an external for it awhile back, so I have a clean 1tb drive waiting for it. Have a space cleared for where I'll put the gamepad's charging craddle.

HYPED!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What is a Wii U???

RetroMG

Depends on the game

That makes sense. Have we heard about Super Mario U? That's really the one I'm most worried about.

It is safer to upgrade now at least the Wiimotion+ is BC if you only have a regular one you might get stuck with many games

I do have at least one or two. I'm just thinking if we're going to be doing some 4-player Mario, I might need to upgrade. Of course, buying a Wii U is a ways down the road anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom