• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Really? My 1020 runs fine on the latest version. Well, except for shot to shot times, but that has been shit since release.

It's mostly fine, but I get lots of resumes and loadings that didn't happen before 8.1... It's very annoying because often just by going to the task switcher and then back at the app causes the app to resume.

Sometimes the camera takes a incredibly amount of time to load, so by the time I'm ready to take a picture the moment is far gone...

It always seems related to I/O, so I'm thinking there's some bug on the I/O controller driver or something... I always have tons of pictures on my phone, been thinking for a while to get rid of them and try to always to leave it more empty... One thing I noticed is that if I go below 5GB of free space the phone starts crawling way more often, but I still couldn't figure if it's the number of stored stuff or the size of them that's to blame.

I want to believe Microsoft naming conventions could see the smartphones line being named something else, or maybe even "the one" as a first phone.

Ape

Banned
Surface Phone?

If a phone had a kickstand like the Surface does, it'll stand out.

I'm having a difficult time to find a nice looking accessory for my future phablet.

I'd like to see a different name but it really doesn't matter to me. I just want good hardware and a renewed interest from the development community when Windows 10 hits. Oh, and cyan. <3

So in Januari i can get a new phone.. How big is the chance there is going to be a Lumia 940?

How does the 930 hold up to the M8 which i got now? Thinking about switching back because of the Windows phone OS (hey, dont judge me...) or get a Xperia Z3 phone as a upgrade for my M8.

I really want to switch back to WP but don't want to give up on hardware that much.. And if Lumia 940 will come out on the januari event i will wait for that.

kharma45

So in Januari i can get a new phone.. How big is the chance there is going to be a Lumia 940?

How does the 930 hold up to the M8 which i got now? Thinking about switching back because of the Windows phone OS (hey, dont judge me...) or get a Xperia Z3 phone as a upgrade for my M8.

I really want to switch back to WP but don't want to give up on hardware that much.. And if Lumia 940 will come out on the januari event i will wait for that.

The Z3 nor the 930 would be real upgrades on the M8.

As for a 930 successor, don't expect one in January.

The Z3 nor the 930 would be real upgrades on the M8.

As for a 930 successor, don't expect one in January.
I know, it just happens someone takes over my m8 in trade for a new contract phone.. Hardware wise it isnt a real upgrade but the z3 and 930 both offer different things compared to the m8(z3: remote play, water proof. 930: windows phone, superior camera)

But i thought maybe they would show something when they show windows (phone) 10... Guess its just a waiting game, like always haha

Hardware wise the m8 really is a good phone, but... Android just doesn't do it for me for some reason

Well, my 920 seems to have finally shit the bed so I'm just going to have to get a new phone today or order one fast. People have said Xbox Music is on Android, what makes the app so poor though? Is it usable at least? I run all of my music through it and I'm a subscriber so having it available is pretty important.

Also, if I go buy a Note 4/Edge on contract can I buy an unlocked 920-2 when it comes out next year and switch without issues?

Well, my 920 seems to have finally shit the bed so I'm just going to have to get a new phone today or order one fast. People have said Xbox Music is on Android, what makes the app so poor though? Is it usable at least? I run all of my music through it and I'm a subscriber so having it available is pretty important.

Also, if I go buy a Note 4/Edge on contract can I buy an unlocked 920-2 when it comes out next year and switch without issues?
I just got a nexus 6. My biggest complaint was that 95% of my licenses off my playlist didn't transfer or something. Like the songs are available but I had to go re add them to my collection for android. Don't know why or if that's normal. But I basically went back and added 2000 songs manually. Pain. In. The. Ass.

The app crashes often for me. I can't easily press back to the previous song from the lock screen or notifications menu. I have to open the full app. I get a "can't connect to Xbox music server" a lot. I don't like the shuffle layout. Like I press shuffle and it hides the order it decided to put it in. I can either press next and it truly is random what it picks next. I can't scroll through the shuffled playlist like I could on my 920 or see what's next.

Oh and lots of albums I had on my WP just aren't available at all. Some artists are listed but I always get a connection error trying yo access their music. Like AC DC.

I miss my 920 so bad :(

Also everything brot said on the last page is absolutely true. He was basically typing my pain with his fingers. Posting my mobile life with his words. Its like he found my frustrated conversations with my wife and posted each one online.

Quit toying with my fucking heart, MS and get your shit together.

clav

I just got a nexus 6. My biggest complaint was that 95% of my licenses off my playlist didn't transfer or something. Like the songs are available but I had to go re add them to my collection for android. Don't know why or if that's normal. But I basically went back and added 2000 songs manually. Pain. In. The. Ass.

The app crashes often for me. I can't easily press back to the previous song from the lock screen or notifications menu. I have to open the full app. I get a "can't connect to Xbox music server" a lot. I don't like the shuffle layout. Like I press shuffle and it hides the order it decided to put it in. I can either press next and it truly is random what it picks next. I can't scroll through the shuffled playlist like I could on my 920 or see what's next.

Oh and lots of albums I had on my WP just aren't available at all. Some artists are listed but I always get a connection error trying yo access their music. Like AC DC.

I miss my 920 so bad :(
Why did you pick the Nexus 6 over the Galaxy Note 4?

Do you have any stability issues with it?

Why did you pick the Nexus 6 over the Galaxy Note 4?

Do you have any stability issues with it?
I wanted to go the phablet route and I wanted the bare android experience.

I get quite a few crashes, bugs and apps that dont work (like at&t visual voicemail). I'm not sure how much is lollipop, nexus 6 or just the regular android experience because I haven't owned an android device in about 5 years

fucking Snapchat locked my account because I use 6snap. such bullshit. I can view stories but I can't open snaps. how annoying.

Yeah, I got a mail from them too. I tried not using it for a while, but fuck it, all my friends are on there. Let them lock it. Fuckers need to develop a WP app.

My 520 is really starting to show its age, and it's barely six months old. Lots of crashes.

Fox Mulder

I'm still on the HTC 8x and can live without getting the 8.1 update that's apparently never coming to the phone, but whats pissing me off is apps no longer working.

Smartglass has crashed instantly for weeks now, but I just noticed the Here navigation apps do the same thing now. I've tried reinstalling multiple times, guess the apps just don't like the phone anymore. I loved the Here navigation more than what apple or google have.

:(

kharma45

Manage calls more naturally with Gestures Beta

With Gestures Beta you can control some of the functionality of your Lumia phone without touching the display.

This beta release will enable you to control calls and silence your phone conveniently. You can:
•Answer a call by picking up your phone and putting it to you ear
•Mute your mic during a call by placing the phone on a flat surface with the display facing down
•Put the call on speaker by placing the phone on a flat surface with the display facing up
•Silence incoming call ringer by flipping phone display down

Note: Lumia 630, Lumia 635, and Lumia 530 will have limited functionality.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm still on the HTC 8x and can live without getting the 8.1 update that's apparently never coming to the phone, but whats pissing me off is apps no longer working.

Smartglass has crashed instantly for weeks now, but I just noticed the Here navigation apps do the same thing now. I've tried reinstalling multiple times, guess the apps just don't like the phone anymore. I loved the Here navigation more than what apple or google have.

:(

Just do the developer preview, HTC hasn't been good at supporting their windows phone.

kharma45

Holy shit. Netflix got updated.

Hell has frozen over. This is actually a good update. Profile support.

Edit - oh

HeJnwT0.png

Bought a Note Edge because my 920 died and I wanted a good, modern phone. I already miss the beautiful tiles ;-; Will be nice to get a taste of Android though, imagine I'll switch back some time next year

Can you not download tracks with the android version of Xbox Music? See all my music and the little stream icon but no download option :/

Top Bottom