• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My wife wants to get the iPhone 6. Can't believe how expensive they are on contract in Canada. $265 for the 16gb version is dumb.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you know if you have denim? I should be in the developer preview in the UK on my 930, but no sign of 'hey cortana'

Phone info says carrier is CV GBIE (should be sim free), OS is 8.10.14219.341, firmware is 02061.00066.14353.31004

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
How do you know if you have denim? I should be in the developer preview in the UK on my 930, but no sign of 'hey Siri'

Phone info says carrier is CV GBIE (should be sim free), OS is 8.10.14219.341, firmware is 02061.00066.14353.31004

Go to settings, then Extra+info

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Go to settings, then Extra+info

Says I'm on cyan, but I have had the live folders for awhile. Separation of firmware and OS confuses me.

I think I'm the country variant, as it reports CV-GBIE, and the operator is 000GB. But I would have expected the developer preview to be on denim?

KageMaru

I could be mistaken but I believe denim includes update 1 much like how Cyan included the 8.1 update. If you're on the preview program, you'll receive the OS features of update 1 (live folders) but still need denim for other new features (Hey Cortana, Lumia camera 5.0) enabled from the firmware update.

Paganmoon

Spotify updated, wonder if you can offline-synch local items from your computer now.

Much more responsive now at least. But getting to my own playlists requires quite a few extra jumps... not good.

Edit:
Ok, after 5 minutes, I hate this update.

derFeef

Spotify updated, wonder if you can offline-synch local items from your computer now.

Much more responsive now at least. But getting to my own playlists requires quite a few extra jumps... not good.

Edit:
Ok, after 5 minutes, I hate this update.

Yeah, it's really bad. They start to push their own radio stuff and the ads are getting ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/thurrott/status/556891672463015937

"It's been exactly 291 days since Microsoft/Nokia announced its last flagship handset, the Lumia 930."

Ah, and I just ordered a Lumia 930.

GOB.jpg

Nah, think I'm fine.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Thurrott made a similar comment on an article, I don't think he means anything by it. Also, he received his Expansys 930 and the denim update isn't available for it, nor could he find a page with the update status for his version. I'll wait until he gets denim before I seriously consider buying a 930 to hold me over until late summer/fall when the next round of flagships come out.

Top Bottom