• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

it seems my 930 was stolen, so no going back to WP as a daily driver until the next flagship comes out. Seems the right time given this conference!
Though I don't expect any phone is going to be announced

Ape

Banned
it seems my 930 was stolen, so no going back to WP as a daily driver until the next flagship comes out. Seems the right time given this conference!

Damn that sucks. I have an extra 920 if you're in a pinch.

Damn that sucks. I have an extra 920 if you're in a pinch.

haha, no worries, thanks though. TI've been daily driving the iphone6, and this week was hoping to switch back to WP as my daily driver. That now appears to be delayed until the flagship is released, whenever that will be. I use a QRD dev device for WP (though no cell service), so I still use WP daily :)

That makes my switch from their bank complete. Had an account since I was like 10. My brother is liking his use of Ally bank, so there I go.

Paganmoon

First your Surface and now your 930? you need to get better locks dude :(

KageMaru

How do they even managed to do that with the 930 video? It looks like OIS is like only half working or something.

If you're comparing the video between the 930 and the iPhone, the iPhone uses both hardware and software IOS. So the video is cropped slightly on top of hardware IOS being used.

I thought the 930 did good other than the lack of combo IOS.

Magni

Fuck this news about Chase. The app is the main reason I chose them. I'm still bitter about American pulling their app (the day before I got my 830), why would you pull a fully functional app from the store?

Microsoft needs to wake up. It's not just about getting new apps in the store, but about keeping them there, and hopefully updated.

I don't care about Candy Crush, I do care about banking and airline apps.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Fuck this news about Chase. The app is the main reason I chose them. I'm still bitter about American pulling their app (the day before I got my 830), why would you pull a fully functional app from the store?

Microsoft needs to wake up. It's not just about getting new apps in the store, but about keeping them there, and hopefully updated.

I don't care about Candy Crush, I do cabe about banking and airline apps.

Wow, I didn't know American pulled their app. It was decent too.

Magni

Wow, I didn't know American pulled their app. It was decent too.

It's horrible, and I'm blaming Microsoft. Keeping their apps in the store should be a no-brainer for these companies.

I suspect there's just one guy working on the app, and that he/she left (and they can't be bothered replacing him or her). I remember meeting the one guy who works on Messenger at Facebook, if he leaves (this was last April so hopefully it's better by now), there goes another app :(

Raide

Just got the Denim update on my lowly 620. The folder thing is nice and handy!

Odd thing is that the "Hey Cortana" feature is missing. I am guessing you need one of the better Lumia's to get it working.

That makes my switch from their bank complete. Had an account since I was like 10. My brother is liking his use of Ally bank, so there I go.

So we also have to switch bank to keep using Windows Phone. Chase bank app was one of the better one too, and it was for a long time better than the Androids version until last update. I don't think I would be able to come back to Windows Phone if it keep losing even the apps that we already got.

n64coder

Maybe you might want to consider Bank of America? Their app seems decent. I only use it to deposit checks but it works well.

Magni

So we also have to switch bank to keep using Windows Phone. Chase bank app was one of the better one too, and it was for a long time better than the Androids version until last update. I don't think I would be able to come back to Windows Phone if it keep losing even the apps that we already got.

This is the real killer here :(

I hope some of the journalists press the issue tomorrow.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If you have an 830, 930 or Icon but not the final Denim yet, you can download the Lumia Camera app now. It brings up an error saying it requires an update, but you just hit back and the camera button and keep the app running in multitasking.

joshschw

If you have an 830, 930 or Icon but not the final Denim yet, you can download the Lumia Camera app now. It brings up an error saying it requires an update, but you just hit back and the camera button and keep the app running in multitasking.

And SOMETIMES it will even save your photo. Please don't do this guys, feel free to check the app launch speed out, but don't rely on this.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
And SOMETIMES it will even save your photo. Please don't do this guys, feel free to check the app launch speed out, but don't rely on this.

I haven't had any issues saving photos and I have been using it for a few weeks now. But you never know i guess. Hopefully tue firmware rollout to NA soon.

Not sure why people were expecting new phones tomorrow. New phone hardware that comes with Win 10 is 6 months away at the bare minimum, realistically it's probably going to be in the fall.

My 1020's video recorder broke in the Lumia Camera app, it still works in the Microsoft Camera app though. They happened to my GF's 920 and it never got fixed. Anyone have a fix?

Heretic

WP will continue to ride the low end market till WP10. My prediction.
I'm ok with that as long as they announce something.

Not sure why people were expecting new phones tomorrow. New phone hardware that comes with Win 10 is 6 months away at the bare minimum, realistically it's probably going to be in the fall.
I just want to know that there's something in the pipeline.

Now we don't even know if there will ever be another high end phone.

Maybe you might want to consider Bank of America? Their app seems decent. I only use it to deposit checks but it works well.

Jesus fuck I have BoA too so it doesn't affect me but you shouldn't have to change your bank just because your phones app store is an afterthought to most places. That's ridiculous.

On the other hand, has there been an actual statement from the bank that they do not intend on supporting WP? It might be a temporary thing.

Crud

Banned
I have a Nokia Lumia 810 on Tmobile and I was on Windows Phone Central forums and they said my phone can not get the 8.1 update. Is this true cause that would stink. I'm waiting for a new flagship Windows phone to come to Tmobile so I can get a new phone.

KageMaru

My 1020's video recorder broke in the Lumia Camera app, it still works in the Microsoft Camera app though. They happened to my GF's 920 and it never got fixed. Anyone have a fix?

Not sure if you're running into the same problem but the recording feature stopped working for me once. The app would look like it's recording but the timer wouldn't start and nothing was actually recording.

Uninstalling and installing the app again fixed it for me.

Top Bottom