• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

frontieruk

Tentative list of devices getting the first WP10 preview

Now, one of our regular sources has been kind enough to let us know about a small list of devices he knows are being used to test Windows 10 for Phone in insider circles. Though he emphasized that this list is not comprehensive and Microsoft may have more or less number of devices, when the preview finally goes public.

Lumia 735

Lumia 830

Lumia 920

Lumia 925

Lumia 1020

Lumia 1520

Lumia 930

Lumia Icon

Lumia 635 / Lumia 630

HTC One M8

Ape

Banned

Now, one of our regular sources has been kind enough to let us know about a small list of devices he knows are being used to test Windows 10 for Phone in insider circles. Though he emphasized that this list is not comprehensive and Microsoft may have more or less number of devices, when the preview finally goes public.

Lumia 735

Lumia 830

Lumia 920

Lumia 925

Lumia 1020

Lumia 1520

Lumia 930

Lumia Icon

Lumia 635 / Lumia 630

HTC One M8

You aren't affiliated with that other power user by any chance, are you?

E: nm you copy pasted without quoting. 😑

hadareud

The Translator
I have a feeling that the preview will drop today.

Or maybe tomorrow. Or some other day at some stage either soon or not.

edit: Also, with the 630 "confirmed" for the first preview, maybe we can now agree that Tom Warren's article was sensationalist bullshit?

Sorry to interrupt the update talk but does anyone have any ideas where to get both a waterproof bluetooth speaker and a bluetooth receiver with line-out that works with Windows Phones?

I've just returned one of each because they worked a treat with iphones and android but no joy with my Lumia 930 so any pointers would be great.

kazinova

I have a feeling that the preview will drop today.

Or maybe tomorrow. Or some other day at some stage either soon or not.

edit: Also, with the 630 "confirmed" for the first preview, maybe we can now agree that Tom Warren's article was sensationalist bullshit?

I was getting the feeling the preview would drop today but it turned out it was just all the edamame I ate with dinner last night.

ElNino

Sorry to interrupt the update talk but does anyone have any ideas where to get both a waterproof bluetooth speaker and a bluetooth receiver with line-out that works with Windows Phones?

I've just returned one of each because they worked a treat with iphones and android but no joy with my Lumia 930 so any pointers would be great.
What didn't work with the 930? A Bluetooth speaker/receiver should work fine with WP. I use a Sony Bluetooth speaker in my kitchen and it works great with my 1020 (not waterproof though).

Zeknurn

9mj5ulT.png

Soon.

What didn't work with the 930? A Bluetooth speaker/receiver should work fine with WP. I use a Sony Bluetooth speaker in my kitchen and it works great with my 1020 (not waterproof though).

It was a VicTseng Speaker and an Avantree Saturn receiver. Neither of them were picked up by my phone even after minutes of scanning whereas the android & iphones picked them up near instantaneously.

BT works on the lumia as my AKG headphones are fine so i'm looking for recommendations from anyone with working Waterproof Speaker and a Receiver with line-out as i don't fancy testing every device out there myself.

Amazon would get pissy about it too i'm sure :)

n64coder

It was a VicTseng Speaker and an Avantree Saturn receiver. Neither of them were picked up by my phone even after minutes of scanning whereas the android & iphones picked them up near instantaneously.

Just to be clear, you put the speaker & receiver in pairing mode before you scan with the phone?

Personally, I haven't encountered any BT pairing issues with my phone but haven't tested a lot of devices, definitely not the Vic Tseng speaker or Avantree Saturn receiver.

Maybe you can find someone else with a WP that can test those devices for you?

f0lken

Lumia 735

Lumia 830

Lumia 920

Lumia 925

Lumia 1020

Lumia 1520

Lumia 930

Lumia Icon

Lumia 635 / Lumia 630

HTC One M8

Yes!

Hopefully 920 is indeed one of the devices available from the beginning as listed above. I seriously doubt I'm going to install the preview on my daily driver 1520, but I'll happily update my old 920 to play around with it.

Lumia 735

Lumia 830

Lumia 920

Lumia 925

Lumia 1020

Lumia 1520

Lumia 930

Lumia Icon

Lumia 635 / Lumia 630

HTC One M8

No Samusung Ativ S?

It's the only semi-competent phone that was available through Sprint that was at least mid range. Now it seems to low end Lumia 635 I got my mother to replace her busted Galaxy 3 will have the preview build before I do.

*sigh*

kazinova

Sounds like the preview won't be until tomorrow at the earliest, I have a hard time seeing them release at a time other than 9am PST. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Top Bottom