• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Magni

My roommate is lazy. If I'm lucky, I'll get a check--usually he gives me cash that I have to go deposit, then make the rent payment.

I'd say the lazy option is Venmo (no need to go withdraw cash or have a check on hand and fill it out), but eh, to each his own!

I'd say the lazy option is Venmo (no need to go withdraw cash or have a check on hand and fill it out), but eh, to each his own!

I have suggested it--it's just a matter of getting him to do it, haha. Thanks for the suggestion, though, I just heard about Venmo last week, actually. Used it to pay a friend back for a movie ticket.

Magni

PayPal. #WP app even....

PayPal does have the first party app, but all my friends are on Venmo. Pay.mo is a great third-party app, frequent updates too. I've never tried Square Cash but the third party apps don't seem that great judging from the reviews :/

Magni

Oh, look, I am not the only one using WP.

What apps would you guys recommend?

My most used apps:

WhatsApp
Amazing Weather HD
Readit (reddit client)
6tag (better than the official Instagram app)
Authenticator
Chase
Foursquare and Swarm
Grin (Imgur client)
Kanji Book and Daily Kanji for kanji learning
Files
Metrotube
Mint and Pay.mo if you're in the US
OpenTable
Realarm
Treyo! (Trello client)
Lastpass

frontieruk

313m3x4.gif

hadareud

The Translator
Personally, I think people taking pictures with a tablet, should be, if not stabbed to death with, certainly be beaten ferociously with a selfie stick.

Every time there's a thread about selfie sticks, there's always one guy going "I don't see the problem, why are you people all so old and stupid, blah blah blah."

That guy has never been smacked in the face with a selfie stick, and I think we need to try and change that, as a society.

Ape

Banned
Every time there's a thread about selfie sticks, there's always one guy going "I don't see the problem, why are you people all so old and stupid, blah blah blah."

That guy has never been smacked in the face with a selfie stick, and I think we need to try and change that, as a society.

so i use selfie sticks. ive also accidentally hit people with it and whatever. everyone uses them, there's like a million of them out around here. idk, seems like gaf is a part of the world that doesn't really see a lot of them and that's fine. there definitely a lot of people here that are pretty vocal about how much they dislike them.

so i use selfie sticks. ive also accidentally hit people with it and whatever. everyone uses them, there's like a million of them out around here. idk, seems like gaf is a part of the world that doesn't really see a lot of them and that's fine. there definitely a lot of people here that are pretty vocal about how much they dislike them.

I remember when you used to be cool.

Anyway, selfie stick to the face for you, see how much you like it.

Who's next?

People who have walked into selfie sticks are the same people who walk with their heads down engrossed in their iPhones and Androids.

We WP users have no apps so we're less engrossed. I joke but see snapchat used by kids all the time. Another one is periscope, also not for WP.

People who have walked into selfie sticks are the same people who walk with their heads down engrossed in their iPhones and Androids.

We WP users have no apps so we're less engrossed. I joke but see snapchat used by kids all the time. Another one is periscope, also not for WP.

Didn't say walked into, said smacked by :p

I have been nailed by someone who was performing a... call it a sudden change of background. 90 degree turn, right in the forehead.

NeOak

selfie or it didn't happen

Bessy67

What's the best relatively cheap windows no contract phone? The two I've been kinda looking at are the Lumia 635 and the Blu Win HD LTE. The Blu Win seems to have better specs but I've never heard of the brand before. Are either of those any good, or is there something else out there for $200 or less?

NeOak

What's the best relatively cheap windows no contract phone? The two I've been kinda looking at are the Lumia 635 and the Blu Win HD LTE. The Blu Win seems to have better specs but I've never heard of the brand before. Are either of those any good, or is there something else out there for $200 or less?

The Blue has a 720p screen and has 1GB of RAM

The 635 while is cheap, its only 480p and only has 512MB RAM

However, what cellphone company would it be for? Perhaps you can wait for the Lumia 640

f0lken

Get a used 920-925 ;)

Tablo

The person that took the pictures must be at least partly blind, too.
Perfect. And yeah that article is shit.
Can't believe it's going to be a wait until November for new hardware, this is retarded.
Still might get a 640 XL to tide me over from my 635, Meh. Doubt anything higher end is coming before W10...

Top Bottom