• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Makes logical sense.

[Series][Generation][Variant]

Where they screwed it up is the 1320/1520 but the 5XX to 9XX series make logical sense.

Except they really messed it up with the 630, which is really the 520 successor. I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a 630, because she likes the build-in pedometer, but that phone lacks glance, flash and a camera button (all ripped out from the 620). She currently uses a Galaxy Ace, so pretty much everything is a step up compared to that, but I'd still feel a bit ripped off if I'd get her that phone.

I joined as well. I love the game but I hate getting attacked so much. Every time I check in I have been attacked and lost stuff. I am now dumping everything into troops and towers just so people will stop taking all my stuff.

I've been using up all my resources every time I login so less gets stolen.

Magni

I messaged the ebay vendor on the offchance that they would also be able to sell non-white 830s, nope. I wonder where they get their stock from.

f0lken

Except they really messed it up with the 630, which is really the 520 successor. I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a 630, because she likes the build-in pedometer, but that phone lacks glance, flash and a camera button (all ripped out from the 620). She currently uses a Galaxy Ace, so pretty much everything is a step up compared to that, but I'd still feel a bit ripped off if I'd get her that phone.

Can't you get her a used 920-820? They should be pretty cheap by now

kharma45

625 isn't bad money now. £70 over here.

Can't you get her a used 920-820? They should be pretty cheap by now

625 isn't bad money now. £70 over here.

She's likes to run, so the pedometer in the 630 and newer phones is pretty important and is not supported by the old phones (only in the Snapdragon 400 and up). I'd rather get her the 730, but Nokia fucked that one up as well. Announced in early September, available sometime in October, same low-ish SoC as the 630, but 720p display and 1 GB RAM.

€299.

Why.

JaggedSac

I tried the first one but my guys got wiped out in a second. I will try again once I get some siege machines and such.

You don't take your own troops into campaign missions so you have you do it with what they select for you. I just looked up YouTube videos from people who have beaten them, lol. Mostly they are simple break the wall and rush the castle with every troop kinda thing. Not really any strategy.

Has anyone figured out a good defensive arrangement? I wrapped a wall around the base of my keep and I'm going to create an outer ring (Called wall maria) when I upgrade my keep.

I still lose about 50% of the time.

Catapult towers are your friend. I create walled squares around my towers and then only place the storage buildings inside the bigger walled space since that is where the majority of your resources will get lost.

You don't take your own troops into campaign missions so you have you do it with what they select for you. I just looked up YouTube videos from people who have beaten them, lol. Mostly they are simple break the wall and rush the castle with every troop kinda thing. Not really any strategy.

Catapult towers are your friend. I create walled squares around my towers and then only place the storage buildings inside the bigger walled space since that is where the majority of your resources will get lost.

Oh damn I thought that those were my guys. I will have to look up videos then since I got smoked so fast.

Looks like the Weather app got a lock screen update with the MSN branding updates
jlnMs6X.jpg

ashdcuk

Neo Member
I didn't realize you are still on 900 @_@

Not me, lol. Meant to quote ashdcuk

Yeah I should probably have 'antiquephone' as my username instead (badum tish).

I bought the 900 pretty much just before Windows Phone 8 was announced, so the worst possible time. I'm not really super into my phones though which is why I've been happy with it all this time - at the same time I really don't wanna make the same mistake of jumping onto a phone just as it becomes obsolete!

Nero3000

Yeah I should probably have 'antiquephone' as my username instead (badum tish).

I bought the 900 pretty much just before Windows Phone 8 was announced, so the worst possible time. I'm not really super into my phones though which is why I've been happy with it all this time - at the same time I really don't wanna make the same mistake of jumping onto a phone just as it becomes obsolete!

My dad still uses my old 800 (still super impressed with the design and build quality every time I pick it up).

If you don't use any apps, 7.8 is still a perfectly adequate platform.

But yeah the 930 blows it out of the water. It will get a further firmware update this year to add camera improvements (speed, 4K video etc.) and is likely to be the first in line for WP9.

derFeef

Just read that, hilarious.

Verge having front seat for the next couple of years now, with exclusive behind the scene coverage and first looks!

Nero3000

The Verge knows.

One publication that covered "Bendgate" with a video has been told that they wouldn't be invited to future events and that they wouldn't get any test devices anymore:

http://derstandard.at/2000006220236/Nach-Video-zu-Bentgate-Apple-straft-Computerbild-ab (in German).

I suspect they won't be the only ones.

They have got to learn to take the good with the bad.

If they want over the top positive reactions it goes hand in hand with over the top negative reactions.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Is there an app that can stream video/audio from my HTPC? I will be doing this from my home network. Something like the media player on the xbox one....or better?

New MSN apps will not download to SD card. Damn, I knew full SD card support was too good to last. Platform is becoming more like android everyday.

Top Bottom