• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
This is seriously awesome, at&t and Nokia are on a roll. It's like having a nexus device. It's weird to feel kinda lucky to have an at&t contract, seems like Nokia and them are the best windows phone combo in terms of updates, devices, etc.

thirty

Banned
This is seriously awesome, at&t and Nokia are on a roll. It's like having a nexus device. It's weird to feel kinda lucky to have an at&t contract, seems like Nokia and them are the best windows phone combo in terms of updates, devices, etc.
or buy an att phone off contract, pay for straight talk service and reap the same benefits.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
meh. 3g or whatever is fine.

I don't even have lte where I live. But I also don't have straight talk and I get a discount at At&t where I work, so the rates end up very competitive. So when I travel to Puerto Rico or the US mainland, I can enjoy the lte. And the subsidized hero phones.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Nobody's really reporting the Lumia update. Is there a list of the changes? Nokia twitter says Updated proximity sensor parameters, improved automatic display brightness adjustment & performance improvements.

thirty

Banned
I gotta say it feels pretty good getting all these apps/games/updates released recently. It almost makes up for MS releasing the WP8 dev kits so late. Hopefully the release of apps continues and the Lumia Catwalk, Lazer, EOS release has some buzz that translates to sales.

I gotta say it feels pretty good getting all these apps/games/updates released recently. It almost makes up for MS releasing the WP8 dev kits so late. Hopefully the release of apps continues and the Lumia Catwalk, Lazer, EOS release has some buzz that translates to sales.

Only game I care about today is Chaos Rings and it is only for Windows Phone 7!! WTF Square. Did Microsoft forget to send them Windows Phone 8 dev kit?

thirty

Banned
Only game I care about today is Chaos Rings and it is only for Windows Phone 7!! WTF Square. Did Microsoft forget to send them Windows Phone 8 dev kit?
I doubt that. Numerous games have been released on Wednesdays, said it wasn't available for my device, then later the same day becomes available.

PG2G

Goddamn, somehow PODCASTS! is using 903 megs of data and I deleted all of my downloaded podcasts.

Might be time to try a new app. Anyone else see something similar? Maybe I am having some specific issue.

Milchjon

The Takeover is underway!

When Microsoft’s Frank X Shaw announced on Tuesday that more Windows Phone handsets than iPhones were shipping in seven markets, the question on the minds of market watchers was, "OK, which seven?" The answer, courtesy of The New York Times Bits Blog, is Argentina, India, Poland, Russia, South Africa, and Ukraine — along with a smaller group of countries (including Croatia) that falls under the banner of "rest of central and eastern Europe."

(Why does The Verge insist on using that fucking ugly color combination for every single WP related article?)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
http://www.wpcentral.com/att-nokia-lumia-920-1308-firmware-update-now-available

WPCentral did a pretty decent job detailing all the improvements. Some of the stuffs were reported last week since the firmware is available on Nokia server.

Wow, the best smartphone camera just got better. I took a really mundane shot of a cake earlier and posted it on facebook (long story) and when I looked at it through the browser I was surprised at how well the photo came out. You can really see the improvements in the white areas losing their yellow tint and an increase in sharpness.

thirty

Banned
Wow, the best smartphone camera just got better. I took a really mundane shot of a cake earlier and posted it on facebook (long story) and when I looked at it through the browser I was surprised at how well the photo came out. You can really see the improvements in the white areas losing their yellow tint and an increase in sharpness.
good to hear about the increase in sharpness. hopefully pics with good lighting can beat out iphone pics.

thirty

Banned
today's update also fixed my 920's equalizer settings, very nice. still waiting on nokia to update the equalizer to work with bluetooth headsets.

Beowulf28

I wonder how committed Microsoft is to WP, like if market share stays at this level in two years will Microsoft just drop it or pull an Xbox and keep throwing money at it until it gains traction?

thirty

Banned
so this $33 controller will work with WP soon. too bad that that with the 920, due to the button layout, it's off to the left.

81%2BzRfFGEiL._SL1468_.jpg

thirty

Banned
I wonder how committed Microsoft is to WP, like if market share stays at this level in two years will Microsoft just drop it or pull an Xbox and keep throwing money at it until it gains traction?
microsoft isn't as committed as they should be but i don't see them ever dropping the platform. today's smartphones are yesterday's personal computers. if microsoft loses in mobile then they will forever be google/apple's bitch which i don't ever see microsoft allowing.

Stays at what level? Windows Phone is growing significantly(along with the rest of the smart phone market), there would be zero reason to drop it at this point.

Commodore

Just took this shot earlier after the update, was also impressed with how it came out. Managed to get a nice focal point, lots of sharpness, background a little blurred out. Also the shot has the third expansion for CAH in it for added bonus points.

Been sort of impressed by the little slew of app inclusions. There's been some decent exclusive games lately (Shogun and Galactic Reign) Though Alexandra Chang over at WIRED has a point among others who share the opinion that a ton of people simply can't take the platform seriously until we get Instagram/Vine/Mint etc. and then further popular apps to release shortly as they release on iOS/Android. These last few apps do help though, getting Pandora/Temple Run, despite their old hat status on the other platforms, a ton of people use them, and its a few less reasons to not use WP as a platform.

thirty

Banned
well, games like puzzle craft, brotherhood of violence, and gravity guy 2 releasing on WP first is an extremely positive sign.

btw, speaking of instagram, fhotoroom was updated and is also out on W8RT. features are far better than instagram and extremely easy to use. gotta see the social aspects in the RT version.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just took this shot earlier after the update, was also impressed with how it came out. Managed to get a nice focal point, lots of sharpness, background a little blurred out. Also the shot has the third expansion for CAH in it for added bonus points.

Whoa. It looks like they killed the AWFUL dotty compression from the previous versions. I can't wait to test mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom