• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that the XAP sideloading feature in WP8 is probably intended for users who have no wireless router and no real data plan on their WP8s, and yet somehow signed up to Microsoft.

hwalker84

They need to get this update out asap. The wife is growing increasingly frustrated with her HTC 8X. Crashes/reboots and other weird stuff daily.

Husker86

Difference being Microsoft doesn't portrait itself as some benevolent entity.

Google is a fraud.

Google has to pay licensing fees for every user that uses EAS (or if not every user, in clumps). There is no way they are providing this for no cost as I don't see why Microsoft would allow that.

Why is it Google's problem that they decided this isn't a worthy investment anymore and will only keep it for businesses that pay to use gmail?

It affects iPhone users as well, however Apple actually supports CalDAV and CardDAV so there is an alternative.

I'm currently on one of my iPhone tryouts (I jump around a lot), so this will make me have to set up something different as well. This is on Microsoft, not Google, to support other options.

PG2G

Google has to pay licensing fees for every user that uses EAS (or if not every user, in clumps). There is no way they are providing this for no cost as I don't see why Microsoft would allow that.

Why is it Google's problem that they decided this isn't a worthy investment anymore and will only keep it for businesses that pay to use gmail?

It affects iPhone users as well, however Apple actually supports CalDAV and CardDAV so there is an alternative.

I'm currently on one of my iPhone tryouts (I jump around a lot), so this will make me have to set up something different as well. This is on Microsoft, not Google, to support other options.

It makes sense, but making such a change with one months notice is kind of ridiculous. Hopefully they informed the necessary parties ahead of time so they could begin to make preparations.

Husker86

It makes sense, but making such a change with one months notice is kind of ridiculous. Hopefully they informed the necessary parties ahead of time so they could begin to make preparations.

I can understand that, especially since they've been adjusting their guides on how to set up Gmail on other platforms; they probably should have made it public at that time.

talking about app updates, anyone had any trouble with rowi since the last update? my live tile is just pure black, not the color of my theme. pretty sure it isn't notifying me of anything either...

Totakeke

So my cousin just bought a Lumia 800 (not my recommendation) and she's using OS X 10.6.8 which the windows phone connector doesn't work on anymore. Someone help me help her transfer music to her phone. Apparently you can't download music from skydrive either. So what's the deal?

Hey guys, I thought the internet exploder that came with WP8 was HTML 5 compatible, why is it that I keep seeing this on many different websites? Is there some settings that I need to mess with? Please help

eXaDv.png

Hey guys, I thought the internet exploder that came with WP8 was HTML 5 compatible, why is it that I keep seeing this on many different websites? Is there some settings that I need to mess with? Please help

IE9 was already somewhat HTML5 compatbile and IE10 is much better.

Lazy web coders detect an, for them, unknown version of IE and throw their most compatible IE6 trash code at you.

Ragus

Banned
So my cousin just bought a Lumia 800 (not my recommendation) and she's using OS X 10.6.8 which the windows phone connector doesn't work on anymore. Someone help me help her transfer music to her phone. Apparently you can't download music from skydrive either. So what's the deal?

Is she using Windows Phone app from AppStore?

IE9 was already somewhat HTML5 compatbile and IE10 is much better.

Lazy web coders detect an, for them, unknown version of IE and throw their most compatible IE6 trash code at you.

That sucks. Hope that with WP8 things will get better. Either that or have different browsers eventually.

Also I updated the whatsapp to the newest version. Not a whole lot has been done to it except I notice now that if I were to start typing, the borders around the input text field disappears, and also the emoticon next to it is gone too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom