• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Sony and HTC make the nicest Android phones imo, but the majority just go with Samsung anyways, which is sad.

Edit: I will generally get 12-14 hours with my 920 with moderate use. Also wireless charging is awesome.

sony-xperia-zl-ofic-2.jpg

Yes?

Oh look, it's a boring black slab, but unlike the 20 black slabs that came before it, it's fucking huge now.

International and industrial design award winner 2013 right there.

bookmarked in case I have to call out myself at some point

MCD

Can we stop talking about Android and bitch more about WP8 and Joe's sexy hair?

Back to the topic, people!

thirty

Banned
If Walmart would carry the Nokia 620, sell it for $249, and market it with their Straight Talk service it would be huge.

Oh look, it's a boring black slab, but unlike the 20 black slabs that came before it, it's fucking huge now.

International and industrial design award winner 2013 right there.

bookmarked in case I have to call out myself at some point

Lumia 920: 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm
Xperia ZL: 131.6 x 69.3 x 9.8 mm

SO FUCKING HUGE !!!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You really like that phone, hollow, you should probably buy it.

Its not a good argument against the beauty of Nokia's current designs, though.

Lumia 920: 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm
Xperia ZL: 131.6 x 69.3 x 9.8 mm

SO FUCKING HUGE !!!

Like I said, I thought it was the rumored 6" phone. Either way, it looks boring. If you like boring, buy it. I did that too and now I live a life full of regret and despair. Fucking Galaxy Nexus.

I talked with him once, pretty swell dude. Really proud of his product.

Say hi from me and tell him to drop the Pro on stage or I won't buy it.

kharma45

Bravo!

Related item: I just took a look at the 920 and 8X side by side with the iPhone 5 and my BB.

They're huge. And that 920 is a hefty girl.

It's bigger than most yeah but you'll get used to it ever so quickly, and everything else feels too light by comparison.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
So the share photo to facebook option in windows phone doesn't work with facebook albums, it just shares to "Mobile Photos" or something. The facebook app seems to always error out when I try to share to other albums. Are there any photo sharing apps that work with facebook albums well?

kharma45

Used the reset option on the Lumia 920 as I have to send it back to Nokia and I wanted to wipe it first, how long should this take? It's been well over half an our so far :\

PG2G

Used the reset option on the Lumia 920 as I have to send it back to Nokia and I wanted to wipe it first, how long should this take? It's been well over half an our so far :\

Sounds like you got owned. I think there was a bug that was fixed in Portico related to a hard reset and the only way to recover it was to flash the firmware.

kharma45

It's gone. You can fix it by following the instructions here if you want: http://wmpoweruser.com/how-to-fix-a-bricked-nokia-lumia-920/

Or you can just send it back to Nokia as is. Doesn't matter, they know about the problem. Portico fixed it.

It was going back to Nokia today anyway as it was only on loan to me for a trial period, that's why I'd chosen to do the reset from the settings menu to wipe all my data off it. It's their problem now, I'm not wasting my time fixing it.

Still beats me why they haven't got round to releasing Portico to the rest of us yet.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
In the notifications section in the Games Hub they changed the icon picture. Interesting that they could do that without an update.

Zizbuka

Banned
Wife and I each got a Note II the other day, my son decided he didn't want a new phone. So, I figured why not get one anyway. Picked up a Lumia 920.

I'm trying really hard to like it, I actually feel drawn to it, but it's just so underwhelming. Surely I'm missing something, there must be more to it than a tile screen and an all apps screen, right? It'll be an extra phone for me, something to play with, couldn't see using it as my primary phone. Luckily, with no sim card in it still functions as a 'Zune', which it seems to be very good at.

I like the interface, most apps maintain the feel, which is nice. It's the tiles that are bugging me. I want tiles that give me useful info; free space, etc. Best I could find was a battery live tile, which doesn't seem to really be live, doesn't update itself.

Convince me WP gaf, I wanna be on the team. I'd still put it above iphone personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom