• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

SaiyanRaoh

This should probably go in the gaming opinion thread but while I love the game. I don't get the love for this music ...Like. AT. ALL.

While the defenders aren't quite as bad as the Jpop and anime defense force, it's still formidable.

moa therma

aQPc6bo.gif

This should probably go in the gaming opinion thread but while I love the game. I don't get the love for this music ...Like. AT. ALL.

While the defenders aren't quite as bad as the Jpop and anime defense force, it's still formidable.

Music always was a big part of Wipeout and it was very specific music. For me, person that grew up playing the shit out of the series, it's as good as it's ever been.

Different tastes in music and all that, but Wipeout always had really great music. Just because some people don't like it, it doesn't mean it's bad, cause it's not.

I'd love to pick this up, but I'm not sure I can justify $40 on a remaster. If I had a 4K TV I would be all over this though. Hopefully this shows up on PS+ before the end of the year.

It went for almost $30 on various retailers which is $10 per remaster, if you haven't played the originals it's well worth it imo

Ok so default L1 is game mode specific but which game modes use it? So far I'm on the 2nd HD campaign and I haven't seen a use for it yet.

2 hours to decide...try and find a steelbook, or pay the 30 quid digital with no disk swapping

2 hours Wohoo.

I didn't have the choice of a steelbook but even if I did I would still go digital.

The nature of the game is that once the initial playing marathon is out of the way I'd just want to play it in short bursts but regularly. Hence digital.

angelic

Banned
2 hours Wohoo.

I didn't have the choice of a steelbook but even if I did I would still go digital.

The nature of the game is that once the initial playing marathon is out of the way I'd just want to play it in short bursts but regularly. Hence digital.

I like your thinking, and if im honest, a steelbook just slots right into video game storage to be viewed once every few years. Plus theres this van uber business and the theme.

For what it's worth I got Van Uber and Tigron through a physical US Amazon copy.

Code came in the package or was it emailed to you? I got a code emailed to me from Amazon.ca, but it was for the four pre-order static themes.

Also, I think everyone gets Tigron, it's just Van Uber that's a pre-order bonus.

Awesome! I'll be using that, tracks look amazing.

Needs some Future Sound of London Papua New Guinea too. :D

I will always have a certain fondness for Wipeout Fusion because of that Hybrid mix of Papua New Guinea.

Code came in the package or was it emailed to you? I got a code emailed to me from Amazon.ca, but it was for the four pre-order static themes.

Also, I think everyone gets Tigron, it's just Van Uber that's a pre-order bonus.

I got a code in the package for the 4 avatars, and a code emailed to me to unlock the 4 static themes. I forget which one the ships came in, sorry.

DirtyLarry

I know this may be sacrilege but I am just curious, is anyone else finding the analog stick more precise than the D pad for controlling?

By default I went to the D-Pad as it is just what I have historically used in the series, and before I knew it I was using the Left analog stick and I seemed to be doing way better. It is no doubt more floaty, but considering the game itself, it seems to make sense since the ships basically do float.

So just curious if anyone else is using the analog stick instead of the D-Pad or if I am indeed committing a cardinal sin?

I got a code in the package for the 4 avatars, and a code emailed to me to unlock the 4 static themes. I forget which one the ships came in, sorry.
They came with the static themes. When I redeemed the code from Amazon it said I was redeeming 5 items.

Dash_

Awesome work on the forum produced soundtrack, to those who made it. Captures the spirit of the game really well.

Only a little over an hour to go for the EU unlock. I hope Sony are holding back a VR mode for E3...

Pogonip

Neo Member
For the Elite Campaign Legend trophy, does this include getting Elite on both the HD and all the Fury events as well? The description doesn't clarify, but if it's true this is gonna be a tough platinum... The requirements for even bronze medal on Detonator Events on Elite are insane, and Zone Battles vs. Elite AI can be difficult.

Anyways, game looks amazing, and somehow still feels fresh and fun even after playing through the original HD/Fury and 2048.

epmode

When did the game go live in North America? I ordered from the Playstation Store website at 8:30 Eastern. Did it count as a pre-order? I really want that theme but I don't see it in my library!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Phew, got past zone 60 on Unity Square for the elite pass. Now that one took a few tries.

When did the game go live in North America? I ordered from the Playstation Store website at 8:30 Eastern. Did it count as a pre-order? I really want that theme but I don't see it in my library!
Last night at 12am eastern

If you ordered before it should be in your library, unless you mean 8:30 today?

Moofers

Bummed we didn't get the awesome steelbook with the throwback sleeve here in the US. Is there a good place to import that from? Or should I just give it up and go buy the peasant version over here?

Hedrush

Under an hour to go for us digital UK peasants. Listening to Mat's Spotify playlist is getting me so hyped, thank you for putting it together.

kromeo

Are the elite pass times harsher than on the vita? I had to do an absolute perfect drive to get it on the first time trial..

I'm going to try and avoid using the feisar prototype to get them this time, it's as good as cheating

Curufinwe

I know this may be sacrilege but I am just curious, is anyone else finding the analog stick more precise than the D pad for controlling?

By default I went to the D-Pad as it is just what I have historically used in the series, and before I knew it I was using the Left analog stick and I seemed to be doing way better. It is no doubt more floaty, but considering the game itself, it seems to make sense since the ships basically do float.

So just curious if anyone else is using the analog stick instead of the D-Pad or if I am indeed committing a cardinal sin?

They came with the static themes. When I redeemed the code from Amazon it said I was redeeming 5 items.

I've always used the analog stick since it became an option with 3.

I am blown away by how good the 2048 material looks, they've done an amazing job dressing it up and bringing it up in-line with HD/Fury. It's a real stunning looking game.

Can't decide whether I like the motion blur on or off yet, it is naughty with it on :)

God damn 60 frames per second, fucking BEAUTIFUL.

Relceroi

Neo Member
Got the Zone 65 trophy on my second attempt… Clearly I’m rusty, but I have to wait till tomorrow to get to play anymore than that. I’m very much looking forward to playing 2048 as I never got the chance to play it before.

Is there not a way to change the announcer? I think I might’ve preferred the one in the original HD better.

Just picked up my copy. Can't wait to get home and play. I've needed a new pick up and play game in my rotation for the longest time.

Deimo5

This is dumb, but, the trophy list bums me out. HD and Fury had 51 trophies combined, and, 2048 had 53 trophies.

How are there only 35 for a collection of all 3? I'll still buy it, but, that's really disappointing.

At least they got rid of bling brigade and there's none of 2048's annoying online trophies like complete all nodes or whatever. Also cutting the fat like use photo mode, or win with pilot assist on, those kind of super easy throwaway trophies.
I did like the stunt trophies like Amphi-Scenic Route though. I think they just kept Flatland Flyer here.

Game unlocked 40 minutes ago for me.
Unfortunately preload didn't work because the HDD was full.
Only downloaded a fraction so far and was able to play the first two races of 2048.
Its still way too slow but already so goddamn amazing on the big screen.

I'm like a child right now, can't wait for the download to finish.

The digital artbook was nice, bummer that they don't have high quality versions of the Wipeout Pure and 2048 opening videos, though.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
The game keeps randomizing my location every time I do Join a Game online.

Anyone else having this issue?

Curufinwe

At least they got rid of bling brigade and there's none of 2048's annoying online trophies like complete all nodes or whatever. Also cutting the fat like use photo mode, or win with pilot assist on, those kind of super easy throwaway trophies.
I did like the stunt trophies like Amphi-Scenic Route though. I think they just kept Flatland Flyer here.

Win with pilot assist is still there. It's my one trophy so far.

Top Bottom