• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Hostile_18

Banned
Pre ordered with 15 minutes to go. Not sure if this is up my street or not.. but got an itch from Mario Kart 8 that I've never been able to fill on a Sony console. (I loved Race the Sun as well).

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How some of ya'll manage to race on 4 Star class level I have no idea.

3 is like my tipping point. 4 is impossible for me.

Shin-Ra

Shipped finally.

Is the content basically partitioned into 3 separate games, or is it mixed together? 3 separate campaigns or one big one? Can I race a tournament with tracks from all 3, or only from each individual game, etc.
The original HD, FURY and 2048 offline campaigns are still separate, 2048's 3D hexagon icons are shifted onto the HD/Fury board layout/perspective.

Online tracks are grouped under WipEout HD Fury, and WipEout 2048 headings and I'm not sure if you can mix tracks from the two in tournaments, it's not something I've tried.

Shin-Ra

Ok so default L1 is game mode specific but which game modes use it? So far I'm on the 2nd HD campaign and I haven't seen a use for it yet.
In Eliminator you can flip your ship 180 to fly the wrong way and shoot at oncoming ships.

So how do I boost start?

I swear that was a thing in the original game.
Hit accelerate just before "go." It's hard to describe the exact moment as I don't really think about it when it happens.

Curufinwe

Is this still the case?

Unlock HUD Styles
Earn the indicated amount of 'Loyalty' points with any team to unlock the corresponding feature.

Unlock Wipeout 2097 HUD:
Earn 6,000 Loyalty points.

Unock Wip3out HUD:
Earn 10,000 Loyalty points.

Bucca

it's a shame too because their designs and decals are completely unique

also how the hell do I take multiple hard turns, the chengyou or whatever track is destroying me on flash

Are you using the air brakes?

Also, if I'm thinking correctly, there's a part in the map where it does a quick serpentine pattern. You don't actually have to take those corners, if you aim it properly you can go nearly straight down the middle.

Is this still the case?

Unlock HUD Styles
Earn the indicated amount of 'Loyalty' points with any team to unlock the corresponding feature.

Unlock Wipeout 2097 HUD:
Earn 6,000 Loyalty points.

Unock Wip3out HUD:
Earn 10,000 Loyalty points.

Yes, it's still the same amount of points.

Are you using the air brakes?

Also, if I'm thinking correctly, there's a part in the map where it does a quick serpentine pattern. You don't actually have to take those corners, if you aim it properly you can go nearly straight down the middle.

Yeah I'm using the air brakes but I don't know if I'm doing it well ;)

and yeah it's the serpentine thing right before the finish

Shin-Ra

34302443834_8918272e7d_o.png

Got the Zone 65 trophy on my second attempt... Clearly I'm rusty, but I have to wait till tomorrow to get to play anymore than that. I'm very much looking forward to playing 2048 as I never got the chance to play it before.

Is there not a way to change the announcer? I think I might've preferred the one in the original HD better.
Which announcer? I think they added the different teams' ship-computer voices from 2048 to HD/Fury.

Am I right in thinking the starting HD ships are useless? the ones right above them seem to be better in everyway
In races I always assumed the AI opponents used a matching class of ship from either HD or Fury, but time events should always be easier with Fury ships.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I didn't want to spend any more money this month but I just can't... my love for Wipeout is too huge :(

Shin-Ra

also how the hell do I take multiple hard turns, the chengyou or whatever track is destroying me on flash
The default L2/R2 analog airbrakes are a great idea in theory but it's a bit like rubbing your belly, tapping your head, elbowing your sides and kicking your own arse simultaneously with steering and weapons to control as well.

Switching to digital L1/R1 airbrakes makes them instantly responsive, requiring less careful management.

Deimo5

Win with pilot assist is still there. It's my one trophy so far.

Lol yeah my bad, confused flipping from list to list.
---
Van Uber seems good stats wise but the shape of the ship looks kinda goofy to me, I dunno what it is.

About the airbrakes, would it be good for new players to play around with the sensitivity? I booted up my ps3 before starting to remember I had it switched to 50%.

Just bought a 4k hdr tv for this game (not just this game but I need 4K WipeOut in my life).

That being said this game looks incredible on a pro at 1080p.

Bucca

this game looks so good supersampled on a 1080p set

super jelly of 4k HDR owners

Atolm

Man they did a great job remastering 2048"s tracks. They look beautiful.

And the upgrade in IQ is fairly noticeable even on 1080p sets. Texture filtering is better, AA too...

Dommel

This game is melting my eyeballs on a LG OLED (which I just bought this weekend, so happy).

The best Wipeout has ever looked.

dracula_x

omg, visuals and sounds much better than in WipEout HD (I played it literally yesterday on my PS3). And I'm playing on OG PS4.

One complaint...Is the Photo Mode kind of shit or am I doing this wrong? I can hide the help menu but

PHOTO MODE

( )

HELP SHARE BACK

Are always on the screen, including screenshots taken. Nothing seems to hide those and it generally messes up any shot I'm taking.

Share Button long press, and then triangle button.

Hedrush

I dunno if I prefer motiom blur on with 2160pCB or motion blur off with native 4k. Both look incredible and the best implementation of HDR I've saw yet, a jaw dropping beautiful game.

D23

What a beautiful game.

Just bought a 4k hdr tv for this game (not just this game but I need 4K WipeOut in my life).

That being said this game looks incredible on a pro at 1080p.

This game looks spectacular in 4K, literally jaw dropping stuff.

this game looks so good supersampled on a 1080p set

super jelly of 4k HDR owners

And the upgrade in IQ is fairly noticeable even on 1080p sets. Texture filtering is better, AA too...

This game is melting my eyeballs on a LG OLED (which I just bought this weekend, so happy).

The best Wipeout has ever looked.

omg, visuals and sounds much better than in WipEout HD (I played it literally yesterday on my PS3). And I'm playing on OG PS4.

Share Button long press, and then triangle button.

ok.. you guys just sold me on this game. damn. cant wait to see how it looks on the ks8000

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
These 2048 'zone 60' gold requirements are tough. But so damn satisfying to complete.

also what level should I be attempting campaign events at, novice? or elite in case I have a good lap time and don't want it to go to waste? I feel like events without other racers shouldn't ask for a difficulty level and just give you medals based on how you did. Unless I'm missing something and the track changes with difficulty level?

The elite levels without other racers have stricter requirements. For example time trials have shorter times for gold. Zone races have higher minimum levels to reach. You should do what you are comfortable with. You'll know when things are too easy. But for what its worth a trophy wants you to beat everything on elite if you care about that sort of thing.

Daffy Duck

The default L2/R2 analog airbrakes are a great idea in theory but it's a bit like rubbing your belly, tapping your head, elbowing your sides and kicking your own arse simultaneously with steering and weapons to control as well.

Switching to digital L1/R1 airbrakes makes them instantly responsive, requiring less careful management.

How do you switch to digital air brakes?

Unknown?

Even HD looks noticeably better but I also have a better TV now too with HDR. 2048 is amazing looking though. Hope this does well enough to get them to fund a new one!

Relceroi

Neo Member
Which announcer? I think they added the different teams' ship-computer voices from 2048 to HD/Fury.

Yeah, you're right about that. I didn't know about that change and was confused when the pick-up announcements didn't sound sound the way I was used to.

Rusty as fuck. Can't get a consistent clean line through the final chicane at Chenghou Project, when it used to be second nature. Ugh, so frustrating.

Game looks fucking gorgeous.

Hedrush

Got my headphones on and tunes banging, so good. I'm not sleeping tonight.

As for the photo mode, so far all my photos have been HUD free by just holding the share button until the HUD disappears then triangle to save. My normal quick press method has the HUD in place.

mokeyjoe

Just downloaded it. Disappointed that the theme was only part of the pre-order. Would have bought it yesterday if I'd have known. Ah well.

Unlocked Tigron team somewhere in the second WipEout HD campaign....not sure what's the unlock requirement.

Returning player here...and thought I wasn't rusty....until I started an event on Sebenco Climb. Argghhh....fuck that track. It's been my nemesis since back in WipEout HD.

dracula_x

Got my headphones on and tunes banging, so good. I'm not sleeping tonight.

As for the photo mode, so far all my photos have been HUD free by just holding the share button until the HUD disappears then triangle to save. My normal quick press method has the HUD in place.

what settings do you use – default or "Easy Screenshots Mode" ?

Returning player here...and thought I wasn't rusty....until I started an event on Sebenco Climb. Argghhh....fuck that track. It's been my nemesis since back in WipEout HD.

It's all about those side-shifts my friend; it's a crutch but it means you're never on the hook for getting the line right. ;)

Top Bottom