• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Definitely the hardest of the 3. I'm not a big fan of the track design either. Too busy and don't really care for the short cuts.
No way. 2048 has always felt like a direct evolution of Wipeout, and its track design is superior in every way. It's full of more options and unique concepts, it's far more inventive and varried track from track. I've personally felt that it shows how restrictive previous series tracks are, and makes them feel that much more ancient.

What is your PSN? wonder if we raced at all?

To be fare, WipeOut was always a bigger euro title. With the exception of the first one I don't think the rest were ever huge sellers in the US. Very niche.
Same on here except with a 23 at the end.

Although it was weird because I joined a game and it switched me to EU and created another game and had two EU people join so idk.

I hope everyone's like me and just focusing on the campaigns first lol

kromeo

No way. 2048 has always felt like a direct evolution of Wipeout, and its track design is superior in every way. It's full of more options and unique concepts, it's far more inventive and varried track from track. I've personally felt that it shows how restrictive previous series tracks are, and makes them feel that much more ancient.

I wouldn't say in every way, they all look practically the same for one thing

Seventy70

Zone Battle elite on Modesto Heights is impossible. The AI somehow gets all the zones within like a minute and doesn't hit any barriers

Fuck Zone Battle. Actually, fuck pretty much all the Fury game types. They suck and don't really add much. Eliminator is easy as hell, Detonator is easy but takes way too long and Zone Battle just feels random.

Zone Battle elite on Modesto Heights is impossible. The AI somehow gets all the zones within like a minute and doesn't hit any barriers

Fuck Zone Battle. Actually, fuck pretty much all the Fury game types. They suck and don't really add much. Eliminator is easy as hell, Detonator is easy but takes way too long and Zone Battle just feels random.

I love zone battle with friends or online but it can be a pain with the AI, that's for sure.

88random

Hmmm, they have changed it for this release, think it is a bit tougher, not really tried yet will be having a go tonight.

I haven't checked it yet, I'm still waiting for my copy. But I was watching my friend streaming and I think some Elite objectives are more difficult now. But it would make sense, it much easier to play on the big screen than on Vita

JamboGT

I haven't checked it yet, I'm still waiting for my copy. But I was watching my friend streaming and I think some Elite objectives are more difficult now. But it would make sense, it much easier to play on the big screen than on Vita

Yeah the 2048 difficulty was retuned entirely, still not been too tough but I had a quick go at Zico 2048 and it is definitely a quicker time needed.

I find 2048 a lot less enjoyable than HD/Fury. The visual design is a lot less clean/more cluttered, with boost pads that blend into the track. The AI is too brutal for me, with the 10 lap tracks being particularly bad. I'm at the 2050 part of the campaign, and I've had more fun playing HD and Fury for sure. In the latter, the AI is aggressive, but I almost always feel like I'm jostling for position in the pack. In 2048, I watch them zoom into the distance from the start, and a lap later I'm still in 8th. There's also far too many ships locked, I feel like my options are so limited.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Doesn't anyone else find it annoying that they removed the spectator mode for multiplayer lobbies? It gets SOOOO BORRRRING waiting for a race to finish.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The Pihrana vs Pihrana race in 2050 campaign is some Top 10 Anime Battles shit. So good.

HD Fury is still my preferred game but I really like the variety in 2048's campaign. It has some really goofy levels that are fun and it doesn't have long boring tournaments.

Had time last night to knock over a couple of the early campaigns in HD. Absolutely love the game so far, it just feels brilliant in every way.

I replayed quite a lot of Wip3out SE last year, so my eye is not too far out already. But virtually all these tracks and a lot of the ships are new to me, which makes this a great package.

I'm going to stick with campaign for a while, but please add me for future laffs: myojinsoga

Edit: will give it a go on PSVR tonight in big screen mode :DD I know it's not what we wished for, but it should still melt faces!

The Pihrana vs Pihrana race in 2050 campaign is some Top 10 Anime Battles shit. So good.

HD Fury is still my preferred game but I really like the variety in 2048's campaign. It has some really goofy levels that are fun and it doesn't have long boring tournaments.

I don't mind tournaments but wish they counted for more than they did, like 3 medals for 4 races is silly.

Bumhead

Banned
2048 feels more difficult to me here than it did on Vita. I seem to be having more trouble Elite passing levels, especially time trials. I'm struggling to pin down the most reliable ship for time trials. I thought the Pirhana speed ship would sort me out, but that thing handles like a piece of shit..

Also, what's the easiest/quickest way to level 50 on 2048? I'm currently level 31 but don't have too many events left to finish first time around. Is just re-playing Zone events the best/only way to "grind" to level 50?

JamboGT

2048 feels more difficult to me here than it did on Vita. I seem to be having more trouble Elite passing levels, especially time trials. I'm struggling to pin down the most reliable ship for time trials. I thought the Pirhana speed ship would sort me out, but that thing handles like a piece of shit..

Also, what's the easiest/quickest way to level 50 on 2048? I'm currently level 31 but don't have too many events left to finish first time around. Is just re-playing Zone events the best/only way to "grind" to level 50?

Feisar Prototype is pretty good for Time Trials.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I actually got it today. Based base, three days to Austria.

c1m

Neo Member
Damn that game is so good. I like listening Tycho as soundtrack on Spotify and tracks from older Wipeout games. Feels so chill. I don't like the official agressive pumping soundtrack at all. I wish they could add a feature so that Spotify music would blend in with game visuals and audio fx.

Sub_Level

I've been able to gold all the time trials with just Feisar speed. Halfway through 2050.

Feisar Prototype seems like it'd be the actual objective best but I don't like the variable speed :p

MeRuDsU.gif

Tomeru

I feel like the auto pilot pickup is actually feisar_2097. That dude is a machine.

Anyway, I picked up a custom soundtrack when HD came out years ago. Give it a spin, it's arguably better than the one in the op :p )

30Hz - Electric Sheep
Aquasky vs. Masterblaster - Disco Biscuit
Calyx - Are You Ready (Gridlok and Hive Remix)
Concord Dawn - Escher
Concord Dawn - Guardian Angel
Concord Dawn - Strangers
Ed Rush & Optical - Syringe
Future Prophecies - Magnetic
Grooverider - Where's Jack The Ripper
Hybrid - We Are In Control
ILS - Storm From The East
John B - Gollum Vs Posion Arrow (ReMaster)
Klute - Machines do the Work
Koma & Bones - High Rollin'
Logistics - Daybreak Sequence
Mars - Sins of the Flesh
Matrix & Danny J - Domino
Mowgly - Solar System (Domu's Zoltar Mix)
Mstrkrft - Paris
Noisia - Behold The Power of Darkness
Noisia - Raar
Optical - To Shape The Future Remix
Orbital - Crash and Carry
Phace & Mayhem (Feat. Noisia) - Ocean of Emptiness
Q Project - Champion Sound )EIB( Remix
Slam - Staccato Rave
Sonic - Electrosound
Teebee - Tech G
Total Science - Squash (VIP Mix)

This game is like a dream.

KeRaSh

So I was finally able to put in some time today and I must say I really like the new Van Über ship!

Does anyone else think the elite AI is very inconsistent in the HD campaign? There are races where I can easily win with a 2 second lead and then there are races where I'm unable to finish first. Got the silver medal twice but each time the first place was still way out of reach. I can understand if this happens towards the end of the campaign but I'm talking about the first two classes...

Dash_

Loving the game, but anyone else feel the photo mode is a bit nerfed? It seems really difficult to get motion blur in the background compared to PS3 HD/Fury.

88random

Feisar Prototype is awesome for Capital Reach, that track is littered with speed pads, you can get max speed very early in a lap.

I find 2048 a lot less enjoyable than HD/Fury. The visual design is a lot less clean/more cluttered, with boost pads that blend into the track. The AI is too brutal for me, with the 10 lap tracks being particularly bad.

I think its okay once you get ahead of the pack.
Its really just a matter of getting that one good lap that gets you in the front and then you can stay there without much of a hassle.
But as long as you stay in the pack and get hit by shit and bumped into all the time its really tough.

Here is Queens Mall A+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74QUNTRmjo

Edit: Yoshi1996 again :D

So I was finally able to put in some time today and I must say I really like the new Van Über ship!

Does anyone else think the elite AI is very inconsistent in the HD campaign? There are races where I can easily win with a 2 second lead and then there are races where I'm unable to finish first. Got the silver medal twice but each time the first place was still way out of reach. I can understand if this happens towards the end of the campaign but I'm talking about the first two classes...

Yep, they force me to do inhuman times to pull ahead and once I do they do even more inhuman times lol one race I win with terrible performance and few seconds in frong of AI then next race I come last with almost perfect run with AI 8 seconds ahead of me, go figure.

Oh and it's so funny how all AI are super friends and they never shoot at eachother when you last but the moment you pull ahead they go apeshit and just throw everything they have at you lol

D23

I played this on PS VR- 120" cinematic mode last night... it was insane. i think my eyes rolled back at one point lol!!

Sub_Level

Getting to zone 65 in Subway was hell but the deed is done.

That and Rockway Stadium were the hardest zone tracks to Elite Pass.

Vally

Man, these gifs :O

Loving the game, but anyone else feel the photo mode is a bit nerfed? It seems really difficult to get motion blur in the background compared to PS3 HD/Fury.

Yeah and I miss some options from the PS3 version like the saturation slider, etc. At least the blur and the other effects are applied instantly, on PS3 it would take forever to render

Dash_

I always thought that on the back-end Wipeout and Colony Wars could be connected. Heck, I was always surprised that Sony didn't use the engine from Wipeout HD for other games, as it was by far one of the most impressive achievements on the PS3.

It'd be really cool if they did. A Mass Effect styled RPG (especially with the window ajar after Andromeda critically failed) or a Colony Wars VR game with nods to Wipeout, would be amazing.

As for the engine. This could easily pass for a current-gen game, if we didn't know it's history.

Man, these gifs :O

Yeah and I miss some options from the PS3 version like the saturation slider, etc. At least the blur and the other effects are applied instantly, on PS3 it would take forever to render

Yeah, it did take too long on PS3.

Tempted to post some screenshots here, unless I make a screenshot thread later.

Dash_

Did they do something? I can't tell.

The ice looks a bit different. Better in my eyes.

For those looking for more Wipeout sounding Cold Storage, 6E 61 32 (which I'm listening to now on his bandkamp page) is a great fit. sounds more reminiscent of his 1/2097 work than Cold Storage HD.

Man, I'm having trouble getting my photos to look like much. Might be my imagination but I swear the camera is much more limited that Wipeout HD. Anybody having a lackluster photo experience?

Top Bottom