• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Broman1978

Am I the only one having more fun in the Venom and Flash classes? Lol
I think for ME the other classes feels to fast to really enjoy the game and racing :p
I always crashes into the sides etc when it goes to fast lol.

DB0J-YnXcAA_vWV.jpg

fuck yea

I find 2048 a lot less enjoyable than HD/Fury. The visual design is a lot less clean/more cluttered, with boost pads that blend into the track. The AI is too brutal for me, with the 10 lap tracks being particularly bad. I'm at the 2050 part of the campaign, and I've had more fun playing HD and Fury for sure. In the latter, the AI is aggressive, but I almost always feel like I'm jostling for position in the pack. In 2048, I watch them zoom into the distance from the start, and a lap later I'm still in 8th. There's also far too many ships locked, I feel like my options are so limited.

The one lap sprints are also a truly insane proposition.

Tomeru

We really really need for the top players to post vids of their best times. Their control skills are amazing, and we couild learn better if we see their crazy times (like that 1.31 tt on sebenco climb by feisar_2097).

And I miss barrel rolls like I'm fucking thumbless all of a sudden, argh!! Never have I cursed myself like this.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Did what needed to be done. Bought the game to hopefully contribute to the future development of this fantastic racer.

Can only imagine what Evoluton could have done with this franchise.

We really really need for the top players to post vids of their best times. Their control skills are amazing, and we couild learn better if we see their crazy times (like that 1.31 tt on sebenco climb by feisar_2097).

And I miss barrel rolls like I'm fucking thumbless all of a sudden, argh!! Never have I cursed myself like this.

I want to see that 185 zones run on Sol by feisar_2097

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone else loathe the HD hud?

Really like 2048's, and then I shift to HD and am thinking WTF? The health gauge, for starters, is near impossible to read as a functional issue. There are HUD unlocks to change this right?

Really like 2048's, and then I shift to HD and am thinking WTF? The health gauge, for starters, is near impossible to read as a functional issue. There are HUD unlocks to change this right?

Use the 2097 one?

I tried it for a while but then changed back.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there no difficulty setting? Can't even get hugger than 4th on the second bloody race on 2048. Even hitting most boosts and driving pretty cleanly

Edit: ok the trick is apparently to ignore the new ship they give you for winning the first even because it's shit

Dash_

Playing Wipeout HD's mode reminds me that they should have included the reverse tracks into the main campaign to increase its variety. As it stands, while playing them in Racebox mode serves a functional purpose increasing loyalty points, you barely see them otherwise (a few reversals come in at the tail end of Fury's campaign though).

A shame because Sebenco and Moa Therma in reverse are better than their forward versions.

Also: what's that art book posted earlier up the thread? Want.

TLS Lex

Managed to elite pass almost everything first time in 2048 using just Feisar Speed (and then Piranha speed when that unlocks in the 2050 campaign). I struggled much more with this on Vita, the 60fps and crisp detail really helps. I thought I was shit-to-OK at Wipeout but I've played a few online matches and done really well, so I'm a happy dude. Struggling to elite pass some of the zone challenges though, the requirement on Vita was far less but almost everything's been bumped up to 60.

HD/Fury is a completely different beast, feels really slow in comparison. People who are new to 2048 - it takes time to get used to it, but it feels much better than HD/Fury when you do. I remember being completely shit at it at first on the Vita, I don't even remember getting better but I'm finding the majority of the elite passes super easy. I've beaten the elite pass in a couple of time trials by some 10-20 seconds. If I can do it, anyone can.

88random

There are a lot of videos from PS3 version, it's basically the same thing. On Sebenco Climb you can do a barrel roll (or two) after literally every corner, there are between 7 or 10 places where you can do it depending on the speed class.

Tomeru

There are a lot of videos from PS3 version, it's basically the same thing. On Sebenco Climb you can do a barrel roll after literally every corner, there are 6 or 7 places you can do it.

Yeah, found em. I think I'm too old to become this good now :( But I'll probably try...

How is this for someone who didn't play 2048?

I don't really want to rebuy the game just for Fury/HD but am totally excited to experience the 2048 since it will be new to me

How many tracks, modes, etc. are actually new in 2048?

2048 was an entirely new game, with new tracks and new ships, including a variant ship system that is new to the series. If you haven't played it yet, it's certainly the best way to do so and the Collection is worth it for this game alone, IMO.

D23

I don't really want to rebuy the game just for Fury/HD but am totally excited to experience the 2048 since it will be new to me

2048 is the best of the 3 imo, and it looks much better in native 4k/hdr than the other 2

MrS

Banned
Is there anyone out there that actually likes Sebenco Climb? Absolutely hate that track.
I don't like it but I have a new found appreciation for it. Really hated it back when HD launched. It looks lovely in 4K though!

Griss

If the game was just a remake of 2048 on its own for $40 it would still be worth it.

I believe there's 10 tracks, and they feel quite different from the HD Fury ones, both in terms of aesthetics (they're on the ground in a city before the racing series transitioned into futuristic settings about 50 years later) and in terms of track design, being a bit more technical with far more shortcuts.

Whether you prefer the simplicity of the original tracks or the new tracks will come down to taste and the mood you're in, but having all the different tracks in one place is awesome.

2048 is the best of the 3 imo, and it looks much better in native 4k/hdr than the other 2

Huh, I think the HD / Fury tracks look better. They look crisper and sharper, and the boost pads actually stand out like they're supposed to. They also each have a more clear visual identity imo. To me lot of the new york city stuff looks both a bit samey as well as more graphically simple than the abstract futuristic stuff in HD Fury. I feel like 2048 shows up the limitations of the lighting system more than HD Fury. I do love the stretches of green transparent track in 2048, though. Those look fantastic.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finished the main 3 campaigns of 2048. Gold baby!

pk1K9hB.jpg

The zone gold requirements were pretty insane. One of them was straight up to get to Zone 75 so no idea why the zone trophy in this game isn't Zone Zeus since you have to hit 75 anyway. I'd say its the most challenging singleplayer stuff in a wipeout game minus the awkward Detonator/Zone Battle Fury nonsense which I dread playing later.

Was in your exact position. I absolutely adored my time with 2048. You will really be challenged to get gold in the events. The campaign is much less repetitive than HD/Fury. It throws a lot of variety at you and doesn't make you play the same courses in Reverse. It really is a brand new wipeout game. Only one track has anything in common with HD (Sol) and its completely different from the Sol track in that game.

That being said, just be prepared that the track design is different. Levels are more dense and you are expected to learn and take shortcuts in every track. Also the combat mode can be a little annoying because its point-based, not based on your rank relative to other ships (in other words if you have the points you can get gold and still be like 5th place lol). This is a problem because the timer is very stringent in those modes.

Chengou Project is actually pretty cool but yeah, that fucking hairpin makes it my least favorite

The Stadium level in 2048 has a hairpin too. And its funny cuz its immediately followed by 2 90 degree turns. RIP ship health.

2048 is much nicer aesthetically but having the ship energy be in the top center of the screen in HD makes it much easier to see imo. I'm zooming at mach 1, I don't have time to look over to the left of the screen :p

Griss

I'm the exact opposite. I just can't afford to look to the bottom left to see my energy so I'm screwed with that one. I find HD Fury's to be perfect by comparison.

Curufinwe

I use the 3 HUD. It unlocks after getting 10,000 loyalty points with one team. 2097 unlocks after 6,000.

Like you say, the health number is basically impossible to make out with the default HUD for HD.

If you boost up a track undulation and pitch up, you get more air time so you can barrel roll.

thanks

also oh wow the alternative skins for HD/fury are for the crappy original ships that have no point in using

hope they patch the game to make all HD/Fury ships of the same team have the same stats, silly how it is right now

Top Bottom