• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Man, original Wipeout soundtrack still rocks. There is no challange in the game that can't be beaten whith Messij playing :) So many years and the song is still great.

Curufinwe

Reading the track list for Pure and Pulse was a bad idea.

Now I'm just bummed there are so many tracks that never got brought into HD.

D23

Oh man, i am HOPING sony will patch in VR mode.

got a chance to play it again in PSVR cinematic mode on the largest screen.. call me crazy, but i'm enjoying a LOT more than playing it on my oled screen, and i feel like its a little bit easier since the screen is so massive!!

Game is so pure. I love this. I love it when a time trial crushes your pride and you slowly learn how to maximize your speed to get better times.

Bumhead

Banned
I must admit, I've always really liked 2048 and still do, but booting up HD after playing a lot of 2048 feels like seeing an old friend.

It just looks, feels and plays like the Wipeout I know and love. 2048 is still great and I appreciate that it does some new things with the series aesthetically, but HD just feels right.

I must admit, I've always really liked 2048 and still do, but booting up HD after playing a lot of 2048 feels like seeing an old friend.

It just looks, feels and plays like the Wipeout I know and love. 2048 is still great and I appreciate that it does some new things with the series aesthetically, but HD just feels right.

This is how I feel :)

Dash_

The handling is very different. 2048 feels way more twitchy and I find it harder to control with the d-pad. It's growing on me though.

Sol in zone mode is a thing of beauty. Think I've found my spot in the game to rank up quickly.

Greenymac

I feel pretty much like this....

Visually, 2048 tracks were always a mess at high speed. Theres too much going on and its too easy to get lost in the visual "noise" of their tracks. Also I never really like their layouts with the exceptions of a few. The branching paths are cool though and I stilll like the game but HD and Fury had better tracks by far.

Put about an hour into this last night and it was all smiles the whole time.

First person view on the big ass TV is gorgeous and hypnotic. So smooth and fast.

The only Wipeout I had played up til now was the PSP game, so this is a monumental upgrade.

Love it.

ktroopa

Put about an hour into this last night and it was all smiles the whole time.

First person view on the big ass TV is gorgeous and hypnotic. So smooth and fast.

The only Wipeout I had played up til now was the PSP game, so this is a monumental upgrade.

Love it.

First person view is the only way to play this game. Pure wipeout experience

Seventy70

I didn't like the Fury music at first when it came out, but it really grew on me. This one isn't doing anything for me though. 3/4 of the playlist sounds mediocre. They could've gotten a much better soundtrack with less budget.

If anyone needs some more music to listen too, I would recommend Digital - Gateman

It's on Spotify and fits the Wipeout atmosphere perfectly.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I thought fury was an expansion too hd so thought it was hd plus new tracks

It is, but for Fury they ended up adding a whole new campaign.

HD: 1 campaign, 8 tracks
Fury: 1 campaign, 8 HD tracks + 4 Fury tracks + 4 new mode-specific tracks

You can use Fury ships in HD campaign.

Griss

I thought fury was an expansion too hd so thought it was hd plus new tracks

Yes, but the expansion was it's own campaign.

So if you play the HD campaign, you won't see Fury tracks. You have to play the Fury campaign to get the Fury content.

Obviously in the racebox mode you can select tracks from across 2048, HD and Fury.

Curufinwe

Icaras controls like a dream, at least in Flash.

Just got a top 50 spot on Tech de ra. Not a lot of people have done that Fury - Turbulence race so far I'm sure, but it still feels good.

ktroopa

share us your tips?

im already having a hard time playing it in 3rd person, can't imagine 1st

Use the brake lol :) i dont really have any, just learn the tracks and practice same as any racer. Ive always favoured first person view from PS1 days, that feeling when you fly off a ramp and float before falling back to the track is awesome. Only wish i had a 4K tv :(

ZZ34Yet.gif

What’s the HUD Style option for? Can’t change it. If it’s to allow you to switch between 2048’s and HD’s, how does one go about doing that? I vastly prefer 2048’s.

Top Bottom