• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

I wish the Fury ships didn't have extra stats. I prefer the HD look to the ships, but the extra Fury points just render them useless in my eyes.

geomon

ZzCp4dZ.gif

Holy fuck. Sigh, I don't have the money for this!

I wish the Fury ships didn't have extra stats. I prefer the HD look to the ships, but the extra Fury points just render them useless in my eyes.

Same. Was there a restriction on which ships you could use for each event and online lobby in the PS3 versions, or am I remembering that incorrectly?

robotrock

Banned
goddamn how can you rack up loyalty points? I've been using only piranha and i'm 90% done with the HD campaign...still no 2048 hud

A few thoughts:

- HD/Fury still my favourite racer of all time, and this is a stunning port! I'll easily be playing this all year.

- 'Time Spent Looking at Stats' stat made me smile. You cads.

- I've never been too keen on 2048 and this release solidifies that feeling. I guess I'm just more comfortable with HD's 'feel'. At the time of original release I kinda put it down to it being on handheld, but there's definitely something off for me - and I find it waaay too hard, too fast by default and frantic. REALLY frantic. Combat mode is just utter chaos with no finesse like Fury had (IMO), and I'd much rather see if I'm winning. Just my personal feels though.

- That said, pretty lovely track design in 2048 and I LOVE the multiple leech beams.

- Detonator bores me then and bores me now, such a slog. Zone Battle still feels like a bizarre little mode but its fairly fun for the short time they last.

- As previously said by others, you'll never need to play the HD ships, despite them looking better in some cases.

- I've really gelled with Mirage and Auricom this time around. Mirage is responsive as hell.

- Zone is still eye-bleedingly tense.

- Ship audio design is fucking fantastic throughout. You can really feel these things cruise, crash and crunch.

- They really should've featured classic tracks in this series, I would've gone crazy for that. Wip3Out tracks?

- I miss Rollcage, so I downloaded Grip. It's pretty great!

88random

We talked about that a few pages ago, they are not obsolete. There is a lot of hidden stats like weight, center of mass, etc... For example: HD Feisar is lighter than Fury Feisar, you can sometimes get a barrel roll with HD craft where you couldn't with Fury version.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
goddamn how can you rack up loyalty points? I've been using only piranha and i'm 90% done with the HD campaign...still no 2048 hud

Well you get the 2097/XL and Wipeout 3 huds, not the 2048. And thats weird, it unlocked pretty early for me. Maybe you need to clear them Gold on Elite difficulty?

We talked about that a few pages ago, they are not obsolete. There is a lot of hidden stats like weight, center of mass, etc... For example: HD Feisar is lighter than Fury Feisar, you can sometimes get a barrel roll with HD craft where you couldn't with Fury version.

Yep, exactly. The base craft aren't outdated at all. Even if they were, I'd pick them every time because they all have more character than their Fury counterparts. Try and show me one Fury ship that looks better than the HD version, you can't!

Curufinwe

A few thoughts:

- HD/Fury still my favourite racer of all time, and this is a stunning port! I'll easily be playing this all year.

- 'Time Spent Looking at Stats' stat made me smile. You cads.

- I've never been too keen on 2048 and this release solidifies that feeling. I guess I'm just more comfortable with HD's 'feel'. At the time of original release I kinda put it down to it being on handheld, but there's definitely something off for me - and I find it waaay too hard, too fast by default and frantic. REALLY frantic. Combat mode is just utter chaos with no finesse like Fury had (IMO), and I'd much rather see if I'm winning. Just my personal feels though.

- That said, pretty lovely track design in 2048 and I LOVE the multiple leech beams.

- Detonator bores me then and bores me now, such a slog. Zone Battle still feels like a bizarre little mode but its fairly fun for the short time they last.

- As previously said by others, you'll never need to play the HD ships, despite them looking better in some cases.

- I've really gelled with Mirage and Auricom this time around. Mirage is responsive as hell.

- Zone is still eye-bleedingly tense.

- Ship audio design is fucking fantastic throughout. You can really feel these things cruise, crash and crunch.

- They really should've featured classic tracks in this series, I would've gone crazy for that. Wip3Out tracks?

- I miss Rollcage, so I downloaded Grip. It's pretty great!

They had some classic tracks in Pure but they never made it to HD. :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sebenco Climb single race on elite... I remember this... 😓

88random

Yep, exactly. The base craft aren't outdated at all. Even if they were, I'd pick them every time because they all have more character than their Fury counterparts. Try and show me one Fury ship that looks better than the HD version, you can't!

I'd fully agree if it wasn't for Mirage, Fury craft looks much better.

Feisar looks much better than the OG one imo

still, wish they presented the stats in-game

Shin-Ra

Start FURY, play Amphiseum for the first time.

☢️ It's an assault on the eyes, in the best way possible.

Try and show me one Fury ship that looks better than the HD version, you can't!

Fury Piranha is probably the best looking ship in the HD campaign so yeah, some fury ships do look better.

For me when it comes to ship design...
Feisar OG
Quirex Fury
Piranha Fury
AG Systems OG
Triakis OG
Goteki 45 Fury
EGX OG
Assegai Fury
Mirage Fury
Harimau OG
Nuricom Fury
Icaras Fury but I use OG, I'm too sentimental I guess lol

I'd fully agree if it wasn't for Mirage, Fury craft looks much better.

Feisar looks much better than the OG one imo

still, wish they presented the stats in-game

Fury Piranha is probably the best looking ship in the HD campaign so yeah, some fury ships do look better.

For me when it comes to ship design...
Feisar OG
Quirex Fury
Piranha Fury
AG Systems OG
Triakis OG
Goteki 45 Fury
EGX OG
Assegai Fury
Mirage Fury
Harimau OG
Nuricom Fury
Icaras Fury but I use OG, I'm too sentimental I guess lol

You people are sick and need help. Most of the Fury craft look very similar to one-another, especially compared to the uniqueness of the OG ones.

Dash_

I love the Fury designs myself. Very militaristic and abstracted in a Wipeout 3 intro kind of way.

Triakis and Mirage are actually bearable to look at.

Shock32

I waited all week for this. Its downloading now. Its going to me amazing in 4k with the pro and my new pro controller. I feel like a wee lad again.

Whats best to play is there a consensus with motion blur on or off?

This game is a fucking drug.

One gripe - I wish I didn't have to hold X down to accelerate, since I'm doing that 100% of the time (outside of zone). My poor X button.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I didn't get any better at Sebenco Climb while not playing this game. I can barely finish the race let alone win. Came in second once but the AI in first was over 5 seconds ahead of me...

Dash_

I know, right. I've already almost put 50 hours in (trick with the play time stats is to double it as it seems to run twice as slow), and not even touched online.

This game suits the PSVR headset for short burst play sessions too. God, I really want this in VR.

One gripe - I wish I didn't have to hold X down to accelerate, since I'm doing that 100% of the time (outside of zone). My poor X button.

I actually love that it doesn't default to R2 like a lot of racing games; it already gets abused for FPS' so X can deal with it for now.

Griss

Anyone got any tips for the A+ challenges in 2048 mode?

I tried Queen's Mall three times and Empire Climb twice. Feels like there's rubber banding going on... no matter how well I race I'm always in 7th or 8th, 3 seconds back from the leader. I've finished 2.5-3 seconds back in EVERY attempt at both tracks despite my overall times being significantly different.

What's more, the AI is devastatingly accurate with their weaponry here. In 7th place you have only one guy behind you yet he WILL bombard you with rocket after rocket with unerring accuracy, it's totally different to a normal race. Make it up to third and the pack will bring you to a straight standstill with what feels like nuclear warfare.

I've tried using Feisar speed, Feisar prototype and AG-systems speed.

Any tips? Tips for which are the best lines to take / shortcuts would probably be most helpful. This game is rock-hard.

I'm really bad at the game, but I'm starting to find my footing. It's hella addictive. I've been thinking about it nonstop too.

EDIT: Qirex 4 lyfe.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Gold on elite on everything in HD through Frenzy. Settled on Tigron, not sure if that ship is easymode or not. Van Uber looks like it probably is.

I've used a different ship in every Wipeout I've played.

Qirex in 64
Mirage in HD
Icarus in Fury
Feisar in 2048
Tigron in Omega Collection (HD)

leng jai

Just tried HD for the first time. It starts off wayyyy slower than 2048, golding everything with ease. The UI looks much worse though, they should have unified them all into 2048's HUD.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried HD for the first time. It starts off wayyyy slower than 2048, golding everything with ease. The UI looks much worse though, they should have unified them all into 2048's HUD.

You are playing on Elite right? It defaults to novice for some reason. Elite was the original difficulty in HD, lower difficulties were patched in later.

Top Bottom