• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Dash_

Okay, I think I've hit my limit. These A+ challenges off the side of the map that have just appeared are next to impossible.

Soooo is photo mode just straight up broken? Not only is there a pretty disappointingly small amount of options compared to other games, but I cannot for the life of me get the stupid photo-mode crapvof the screen when I try and take a screenshot. On both share profiles, I've held it down but when the quick menu pops up, I can screenshot but the text is still there! Have only managed to actually do it once correctly!

Am I missing something?

Shin-Ra

The game UI only disappears momentarily when you bring up the SHARE menu, but during that moment is when the screenshot's actually captured. You just need to press TRIANGLE to store it permanently.

The game UI only disappears momentarily when you bring up the SHARE menu, but during that moment is when the screenshot's actually captured. You just need to press TRIANGLE to store it permanently.

Problem is that it isn't making the UI vanish, not even for that split second where it has the preview thumbnail of the screenshot... Just doesn't seem to be working with me. I've tried both Share profiles and rebooted the game but can't get it to comply :(

Seventy70

Problem is that it isn't making the UI vanish, not even for that split second where it has the preview thumbnail of the screenshot... Just doesn't seem to be working with me. I've tried both Share profiles and rebooted the game but can't get it to comply :(

Same thing is happening to me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Okay, I think I've hit my limit. These A+ challenges off the side of the map that have just appeared are next to impossible.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, but you only need to get 1st place in one of them for the platinum trophy if you care about that sort of thing. You don't need to Elite Pass all of them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Mentioned this earlier in the thread, but you only need to get 1st place in one of them for the platinum trophy if you care about that sort of thing. You don't need to Elite Pass all of them.

But why wouldn't you?

If I could elite pass all of them on Vita, surely most people should be able to do it on this version. I'm terrible.

Greenymac

Playing online against feisar_2097. I get lapped. He is a machine lol. Where are the rest of the good players? I just see him online.

Its the only way to fly.

I haven't played any Wipeout in a few years so I'm still learning 2048 tracks and brushing up on the HD fury tracks before going online.

2lvJbeT.gif

Curufinwe

I dusted off my PSP and played some Pulse, and there are some good tracks there just waiting to be upgraded to 4K. Like Platinum Rush.

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to gaming online. This is really going to be my first experience of having the game at the right time, going online, and getting involved in what happens. It's really the first time I've felt completely comfortable to do so, knowing Wipeout so well. Still have to learn these tracks, but I'm happy scrubbing it out to do so. Really liking the experience.

Catphish

I don't know why, but I'm finding the first event of the 2049 season absolutely impossible. Like, it's baffling why I can't place better than 6th after more than 20 tries.

Help?

Dash_

Finally got that Downtown trial in the 2050 campaign. Such a pain in the ass.

Getting Elite on Sol was easy by comparison. I think Sol might just be my favourite track in the entire series.

A request to SunniLegend. The Sol time trial in 2050 features an amazing fly down the big building at the start of the into. Any chance of a gif when you get there?

Greenymac

Finished the 4th HD campaign. Anyone saying this is a cakewalk must not be playing on elite.

It's been pretty straightforward, but I played a ton of HD/fury on PS3. I used to go to race box at phantom speed class on elite and just wash the AI after awhile you get so clean and nail boost roll consistenly you'll build big leads. Race box is your friend

LoveCake

I simply cannot get on with this, I am cannot get past level 5 on 2048!

I am always at least two seconds a lap slower than the required to advance, I cannot get under the 2:30:00 on the time trial and the other race I cannot get at least 5th place, I have tried all the few ships I have available :(

On the race ones all the ships are so much faster than mine, I loved 2097 I never really played the others much, the tracks seem much narrower and twisty.

Going to have to trade this in I think :(

meppi

I am always at least two seconds a lap slower than the required to advance, I cannot get under the 2:30:00 on the time trial and the other race I cannot get at least 5th place, I have tried all the few ships I have available :(

On the race ones all the ships are so much faster than mine, I loved 2097 I never really played the others much, the tracks seem much narrower and twisty.

Go into WipEout HD instead and move on to Fury afterwards.
I like both of these a ton more than 2048. Even in it's remastered form I'm ranking it at the bottom of the series along with Fusion.
It's just way too messy.
Not a bad game at all, just not what I play WipEout games for.

88random

Wipeout is not an easy game, it requires dedication, especially if you're new to it. You have to know tracks by heart, plan for two corners in advance, know where the speed pads are, all barrel roll places... Learn the tracks, look for some tutorials online, try again and if you still can't get it down, trade in. It's not a game for everyone which is part of the reason why it didn't sell well in the past.

Greenymac

Try different routes and adjust your airbrake sensitivity... Turn it up to 100% for a few races then kick it down to maybe 20%. Find what you like best. Also have you changed your button config? I like my airbrakes on L1 and R1 and I use dpad. Don't give up. When it clicks, it clicks and it's like a whole new world of piloting....

Also checkout Hellfire WZ's Wipeout tutorial vids for each track. He's thorough and explains everything very well. He also has a 45 min video of just the basics of Wipeout in general that's also great.

Daffy Duck

I was having difficulty too, I had played Wipeout HD a little on the PS3 before I hit a wall I didn't have the skills to pass but I get up on the original game and 2097, you just have to spend time memorising the tracks and how to use the speed pads and everything to your advantage, it will click with you and it will get better if you dedicate some time to it, it's very rewarding getting ever so slightly better with each hour that you invest into the game.

LoveCake

Go into WipEout HD instead and move on to Fury afterwards.
I like both of these a ton more than 2048. Even in it's remastered form I'm ranking it at the bottom of the series along with Fusion.
It's just way too messy.
Not a bad game at all, just not what I play WipEout games for.

I have tried the other games and I am better on them, I think this is the way to go.

Wipeout is not an easy game, it requires dedication, especially if you're new to it. You have to know tracks by heart, plan for two corners in advance, know where the speed pads are, all barrel roll places... Learn the tracks, look for some tutorials online, try again and if you still can't get it down, trade in. It's not a game for everyone which is part of the reason why it didn't sell well in the past.

Hmm as I said I loved 2097 and it wasn't as hard as 2048, I think I did try 2048 back in the day and hated it.

Try different routes and adjust your airbrake sensitivity... Turn it up to 100% for a few races then kick it down to maybe 20%. Find what you like best. Also have you changed your button config? I like my airbrakes on L1 and R1 and I use dpad. Don't give up. When it clicks, it clicks and it's like a whole new world of piloting....

Also checkout Hellfire WZ's Wipeout tutorial vids for each track. He's thorough and explains everything very well. He also has a 45 min video of just the basics of Wipeout in general that's also great.

I have not changed the sensitivity but I will try that and see if it makes any difference.

I will check out that video.

Does having the auto-pilot (where it nudges you from the sides) make you have a slower top speed?

I was having difficulty too, I had played Wipeout HD a little on the PS3 before I hit a wall I didn't have the skills to pass but I get up on the original game and 2097, you just have to spend time memorising the tracks and how to use the speed pads and everything to your advantage, it will click with you and it will get better if you dedicate some time to it, it's very rewarding getting ever so slightly better with each hour that you invest into the game.

I will keep at it, just getting quite frustrated over it, the other pilots are just so much faster, in the race I cannot do they are all in the same ship as each other which I cannot unlock until level 25, why they are not in different ships makes no sense to me, it feels that I am forced into a disadvantage as I cannot get the better ships as I cannot progress due to an the inferior ship.

SkylineRKR

2048 is fair. I beat the Vita game twice but I forgot most of the layouts and the 60fps makes timing more strict as well. Still, I breezed through 2048 season. Also steamrolled Sol on skilled via Racebox, I got that track down again. Its awesome. I don't like how Feisar seems to be always the best choice during the early stages. Its Feisar, and the Qirex fighter. There is no rubberband in this series which I love. I win with half a second sometimes, but also with 10 seconds.

HD is much easier though. Golded Uplift first try on skilled. I always liked it less than 2048, the various disciplines are less balanced out. 2048 has racing as its premier mode. Could you always choose Van Uber and Piranha straight away on HD?

What I miss in modern Wipeout are 2097 tracks such as Gare d Europa or Valparaiso.

Daffy Duck

I will keep at it, just getting quite frustrated over it, the other pilots are just so much faster, in the race I cannot do they are all in the same ship as each other which I cannot unlock until level 25, why they are not in different ships makes no sense to me, it feels that I am forced into a disadvantage as I cannot get the better ships as I cannot progress due to an the inferior ship.

Yep! I did the 10 lap race the other night and with 5 laps left I was 9 seconds behind but I wasn't hitting walls or anything and using speed pads but i wasn't catching them up, I ended up turning it off.

Came back the next day and kept at it learning the track and ended up winning eventually after about 40 laps.

I think 2048 is just a very steep learning curve game.

Greenymac

I have tried the other games and I am better on them, I think this is the way to go.

Hmm as I said I loved 2097 and it wasn't as hard as 2048, I think I did try 2048 back in the day and hated it.

I have not changed the sensitivity but I will try that and see if it makes any difference.

I will check out that video.

Does having the auto-pilot (where it nudges you from the sides) make you have a slower top speed?

TURN OFF THE AUTO PILOT!!!

LoveCake

Yep! I did the 10 lap race the other night and with 5 laps left I was 9 seconds behind but I wasn't hitting walls or anything and using speed pads but i wasn't catching them up, I ended up turning it off.

Came back the next day and kept at it learning the track and ended up winning eventually after about 40 laps.

I think 2048 is just a very steep learning curve game.

It massively slows you down whenever it is active. It's a bad crutch, anyway, prevents you from learning proper racing lines, and that by itself makes it you much slower.

TURN OFF THE AUTO PILOT!!!

Thanks pals, understood.

88random

But you said you haven't played the later entries much. The game changed and there are some new mechanics.

I don't think it affects top speed but it slows you down much more than necessary. Turn it off.

Dash_

And 2048 is done (well, at least the passes). Now just to get the remaining half of the Elites and unlock the last liveries in HD.

Sucks that you need PS Plus for online. Guess I'll save that for later.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
But why wouldn't you?

If I could elite pass all of them on Vita, surely most people should be able to do it on this version. I'm terrible.

Cuz they're hard.

1v1 on sebenco climb see what happens

And 2048 is done (well, at least the passes). Now just to get the remaining half of the Elites and unlock the last liveries in HD.

Sucks that you need PS Plus for online. Guess I'll save that for later.

Yea I'm gonna get a stupid $10 monthly pass just for the trophies once I finish all the singleplayer stuff lol

Elite passes in 2048 are brutal. I love it.

Agreed, altho some of the combat ones were annoying to elite pass.

Top Bottom