• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Okay, I've Elite passed every event so far I 2048/2049 campaigns, but god damn did I forget how difficult these A+ challenges were! I remember that I could never Elite Pass them until one day on my Vita I just blitzed all of them, one after the other. Now I can't get above 6/8 place! Which ship should I be using?

I didn't like wipeout 2048 .. i didn't hate it , but it was so strict and it felt like i was fighting the vita rather than the game. I didn't have a good feel of the tracks and it was way too hard.

But here ? i see the track , i feel the speed. i'm actually can feel the track and master the possibilities.
Viva locked 60 fps .. this makes the game better , such a game changer .. i'm actually having fun !! Zone mode in 2048 feels doable for me.

I'm having the same bad time with 2048 as I did on Vita. I feel like I can get through a track without hitting any walls and most of the speed boosts and still wind up in 7th.

Okay. Just Elite Passed two A+ challenges in a row, this is what happened with Vita. Beat my head against the wall for ages, then finally broke through and did them all in quick succession. Hope this is the same case lol.

EDIT: A third :p
EDIT' A fourth...
EDIT: A fifth (Rockwell was close!)
EDIT: A sixth; getting there!
EDIT: A seventh!!!
EDIT: An eighth
EDIT: Ninth!

Is there one for Ultima? Isn't showing up on the grid.

Okay, I've Elite passed every event so far I 2048/2049 campaigns, but god damn did I forget how difficult these A+ challenges were! I remember that I could never Elite Pass them until one day on my Vita I just blitzed all of them, one after the other. Now I can't get above 6/8 place! Which ship should I be using?

I already got the Elite passes on all of the A+ events.
Still have to through some of the zone events, though.
I always leave them out until the very end because they are just so exhausting xD

No custom music with effects and adapted to the game is nonsense.

I'm so mad at that.

On the other hand, I platinumed HD back in the day, and didn't play 2048 because 30fps and Vita. Now, I'm enjoying it a lot, I'm loving every 2048 track, they are just what I wanted from further expansions for WipEout HD.

And I'm sad because they won't be making more WipEouts and I want more and more lore as well.

Greenymac

So WipeGAF, should we start a list of active racers for phantom or Rapier races online? Noone is ever doing phantom class and it gives me a sad. That said I've only been online twice and neither time did I see any phantom lobbies.

I need to travel back to 2005 when I was actually good at these games...
Keep practicing. My first few times around Sol and Sebenco resulted in elimination before I finally brought it together. I'm not hitting the barrel rolls I need to yet, but I'm getting solid races (against the a.i.). It will come back to you.

So WipeGAF, should we start a list of active racers for phantom or Rapier races online? Noone is ever doing phantom class and it gives me a sad. That said I've only been online twice and neither time did I see any phantom lobbies.

Sign me up. PSN is
bangbazie
Feel free to add me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got to Meltdown in HD finally.

The single races are no problem. But that 8-race Phantom tournament...wew. I remember that giving me trouble back in the day.

Dash_

Thinking on it, if I were to sum up 2048;

Negatives:

-some of the tracks leave me a bit cold (Metro Park/Capital Reach/Unity Square)
-the handling isn't as tight as HD/Fury (though that's a given due to the width of many of the tracks)
-the soundtrack outside of a handful of tracks is forgettable
-needs more teams

Positives:

+the tracks that do work are brilliant (Rockway Stadium/Ultima/Sol)
+the combat mode is way more fun
+the differences between the crafts in sub-type adds strategy
+with A+, the speed levels are back to something resembling the first three games. HD/Fury were always a little too slow for me

Negatives:

-the handling isn't as tight as HD/Fury (though that's a given due to the width of many of the tracks)
-needs more teams

Positives:

+with A+, the speed levels are back to something resembling the first three games. HD/Fury were always a little too slow for me

Those maps leave you cold?

Wow

MrS

Banned
Yeah. The screen is too visually busy on them.
Do you think the AI is too aggressive or just right? I agree with you RE the tracks - the early ones suck but the later ones are pretty good, particularly Sol and Ultima.

I find 2048 in general is more difficult to read, and Zone mode in particular feels like it was intentionally designed to obfuscate the track. I completed the basic 2048 campaign yesterday and moved onto HD, and my god it's night and day how zone looks.

Dash_

Do you think the AI is too aggressive or just right? I agree with you RE the tracks - the early ones suck but the later ones are pretty good, particularly Sol and Ultima.

I've found in Racebox mode that Skilled in 2048 is equivalent to Elite in HD/Fury, so yeah, it definitely seems unbalanced. 2048 is a weird game in that regard. It was Studio Liverpool's last throw of the dice to make the series more accessible (the wider tracks for example), yet 2048 is probably the hardest game in the series. At least in terms of AI.

I find 2048 in general is more difficult to read, and Zone mode in particular feels like it was intentionally designed to obfuscate the track. I completed the basic 2048 campaign yesterday and moved onto HD, and my god it's night and day how zone looks.

I like Zone in 2048. Maybe it's because I'm playing in big cinema screen mode in PSVR, but I don't have trouble judging turns. The hard part in 2048 is that the speed boosts are too inconspicuous looking on the regular tracks.

Sub_Level

Dude, is it normal to have Golds on all Elites besides Tournaments & Single Races? This games no joke.

The AI can just arbitrarily decide to fuck you over sometimes. But if you can do elite time trials you can get 1st place.

And for tournaments remember you don't necessarily have to get 1st place in every race. It adds up points depending on your place. On 8 tournament races you can straight up just kill yourself to prematurely end the race on the final race if you already have enough points for first lol

Sub_Level

KloiXDv.png

omg

Tomeru

32:50 exactly. What a rush, even for a not the best of results. Zico 2048 is straight forward guys, more so then Zico HD. Don't let it scare you - just treat it like aregular racer, and take the best racing line. No tricky brolls here, just the ones you see.

I love this game. Now to improve it further!

Dash_

I noticed that earlier in HellfireX's new video tutorial. It was scrolling along signs while his ship was sitting idle. I didn't piece together the lore however, I just took it as a added detail.

The detail in the lore is one of Wipeout's best secrets. So much could be done with it.

Negatives:

-needs more teams

Positives:

The soundtrack is the same across all 3 games in the collection

But I agree for the most part about 2048 tracks being worse, they're much wider with way too many speed pads and they're way too busy.

They sure do look pretty at least.

Dash_

You run over the speed pads to build up your charge meter on the weapon button. Each time you fire it, you move up zones with the charge you have and it gets faster while your score increases.

MrS

Banned
One thing I don't understand with the 2050 campaign is why they made events like 2-1 and 3-1 so difficult while 2-2, 2-3 and 2-4 are piss easy but were only unlocked by beating 2-1. One would think the events would get harder, not easier.

SxP

How do zone battles work? I cant get the grasp of what Im suppose to do.

Basically what Dash_ said, but keep in mind that when someone boosts they leave behind a barrier. Hit that and you take damage. If your ship is destroyed, you're set back 5 zones. Moreover, each successive speed pad you hit will add more zones to your charge meter than the previous one. This makes it a choice between waiting to boost, to get the most out of each speed pad, vs. boosting slightly earlier to both decrease the time you need between speed pads (because you go faster) and to release yourself from the pack, which can be very dangerous when your opponents start dropping barriers when you're close to them.

Lastly, you can absorb your charge meter to gain a shield and regain ship energy. This can be useful when the track is littered with barriers, which you cannot dodge.

32:50 exactly. What a rush, even for a not the best of results. Zico 2048 is straight forward guys, more so then Zico HD. Don't let it scare you - just treat it like aregular racer, and take the best racing line. No tricky brolls here, just the ones you see.

I love this game. Now to improve it further!

The barell roll across the finish line makes it easier and its not an obvious one.

The Fury campaign is kind of trash. All of those Detonator, Elimination and Zone Battle events are not very fun at all.

2048 is amazing though, sense of speed is so much better than in HD/Fury.

Unknown?

Idk guys I can't see much difference from native and checkerboard 4K. DF says there's artifacting but I don't think that's even visible unless under a microscope.

Top Bottom