• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

dab0ne

Yeah first play through. Sucks is he has a buddy that pops out later

The only thing I can suggest is killing the regular dudes first and making use of those LKW chargers on the walls of the first level on each side of the room. The further you are away from those bigger dudes the less accurate they are. Good luck man.

Unit24

As much as I love Wolfenstein I only want People Can Fly working on Bulletstorm (even if it's wishful thinking at this point), I'll take a Wolfenstein New Order 2 though :p

I think Flying Wild Hog would be the best candidate for making a Bulletstorm sequel, since they're mostly made up of former People Can Fly employees. All they'd need is whoever wrote all of those amazing swears.

Yeah, I had a similar issue. Restarting the chapter and when I ended up in the room I had more health and ammo available to me, including a +60 (iirc) right where you lands, which was very helpful. Weird. It did help to know you can ignore the first part of the chapter.
I think it was 80 pack, not to mention they gift you an Assault Rifle with 8 rockets making the room pretty trivial.

It's actually kind of amazing the turn this game makes as soon as you're out of the initial prologue chapter (And I actually had to play it TWICE because of a game-save corrupting bug that hit me as soon as I was finishing it the first time. :/) And even that chapter gets really good once you're inside the compound.

From the second chapter on, the game seems to be so ' OG Starbreeze' in presentation, it hurts, but with amazing gunplay/set-pieces this time as well--a lil something neither Riddick or The Darkness had, as much as I love them. I've only just reached Berlin and already I've had a decent mix of character-pieces, shootouts, stealth, and bosses.

If the game is paced this well throughout, while being as tightly designed with its attention to detail, I can actually see the GOTY claims being true.

Totally agree. I really didn't enjoy the beginning chapter; it ran like shit for me and just didn't seem to click. But after that, holy shit...I am THOROUGHLY enjoying my time with this one. The later chapters are fantastic. Lots of great things in this game. Probably the most interesting take on the Wolfenstein universe out there.

Jito

Banned
So I just experienced the most annoying glitch in my life, during the beginning of Chapter 14.
I'm in the room you rope into right after the shootout in the crashed shuttle. In that previous shootout, I used almost all of my ammo, and my health was down to 20.

I've spent the last 2 hours being killed over and over again, wondering how the fuck I was supposed to get past this part with 2 AR Marksmen shots, 2 shots worth of charge on my Lasercraftwerk, 20 pistol bullets, and 20 health.

After frustration set in, I wondered if I could start the level over and ignore the shootout in the shuttle just to have some ammo and health. Well that worked, but an even greater surprise was that when I landed in the room again it was packed with ammo, guns, health and armor! Due to this bug, the room was absolutely barren, and respawning at the checkpoint wouldn't fix it. I just wasted the last 2 hours because of this shit.

That said, I've really enjoyed the game so far. One of my favorite fps in years.

You spent 2 hours on it before thinking to restart the level? /Facepalm.

Mr Swine

Banned
Just completed the game with a bit over 18 hours of game time. This is probably my FPS Goty and everything is freaking good. Gameplay is amazing and I just love the high tech 60's. What needs more polish is the graphics. It's not bad but it could be a bit better (texture wise )

9/10

eshwaaz

So I just experienced the most annoying glitch in my life, during the beginning of Chapter 14.
I'm in the room you rope into right after the shootout in the crashed shuttle. In that previous shootout, I used almost all of my ammo, and my health was down to 20.

I've spent the last 2 hours being killed over and over again, wondering how the fuck I was supposed to get past this part with 2 AR Marksmen shots, 2 shots worth of charge on my Lasercraftwerk, 20 pistol bullets, and 20 health.

After frustration set in, I wondered if I could start the level over and ignore the shootout in the shuttle just to have some ammo and health. Well that worked, but an even greater surprise was that when I landed in the room again it was packed with ammo, guns, health and armor! Due to this bug, the room was absolutely barren, and respawning at the checkpoint wouldn't fix it. I just wasted the last 2 hours because of this shit.

That said, I've really enjoyed the game so far. One of my favorite fps in years.
Same happened to me. I was so frustrated and baffled by the sudden spike in difficulty. After many, many tries I finally made it past that area and got a checkpoint. Right outside, I stupidly fell to my death, and when I repawned at the checkpoint and looked around the now enemy-free room, it was jam lacked with health, ammo and armor.

I beat the game on Uber and I have to say it was, for the most part, fairly easy. The shotgun guys are what kept giving me trouble... It's insane how much health is reduced by one shotgun blast. They can be halfway across the room, fire, and 90% of your health is gone.

I'd rather them go to pre-production on the next big project they're gonna do and not waste time with what will ultimately just be a small piece of content. The New Order took like 3-4 years to make. If it's gonna be a similar turnaround for their next game, skip the DLC please.
If its another Wolfenstein sure, but with the actual gun combat being so satisying here I'd just love to be dropped in area after area after area for a Nazi spin on terrorist hunt / survival / challenges, outside of the story mode. Just pure combat.

Syndicate's co-op mode also springs to mind.

I loved that scene where he
apologizes to that lady about her legs and she gives that awesome line about being able to fly, then the hype music kicks in

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If its another Wolfenstein sure, but with the actual gun combat being so satisying here I'd just love to be dropped in area after area after area for a Nazi spin on terrorist hunt / survival / challenges, outside of the story mode. Just pure combat.

Syndicate's co-op mode also springs to mind.

Nazi Hunt.

Choose your weapons. (bring in whatever you want). Choose your difficulty. Choose any of the levels without cutscenes etc. Let loose and let's go hunting!

MachineGames I'm making this easy for you, make it so!

Jito

Banned
How should have known I was experiencing a glitch, which didn't spawn any weapons, ammo, health or armor. At the time, I just thought it was a very questionably difficult section.

What starting a checkpoint with 20 health and not enough ammo didn't make you think to restart the level 2 minutes back? lol ok good waste of 2 hours mate.

What starting a checkpoint with 20 health and not enough ammo didn't make you think to restart the level 2 minutes back? lol ok good waste of 2 hours mate.

No, the only thing I was thinking about was why MachineGames made such an obscene difficulty spike. Again, I don't see how I'm supposed to know to start over to get rid of a glitch I didn't know I was experiencing.

Jito

Banned
I can see the DLC heading to the war in Africa or over the sea to finally see what's going on in America. Looking forward to it!

No, the only thing I was thinking about was why MachineGames made such an obscene difficulty spike. Again, I don't see how I'm supposed to know to start over to get rid of a glitch I didn't know I was experiencing.

Well yeah putting 2 an 2 together I don't think Machine Games would start you out in a massive firefight on 20 health and with no ammo. Just surpised it took you 2 hours to figure that out or you're just over exaggerating a tad.

SkylineRKR

Same happened to me. I was so frustrated and baffled by the sudden spike in difficulty. After many, many tries I finally made it past that area and got a checkpoint. Right outside, I stupidly fell to my death, and when I repawned at the checkpoint and looked around the now enemy-free room, it was jam lacked with health, ammo and armor.

I couldn't do it so I restarted the whole level and it was a breeze with the proper health and loadout.

dab0ne

That's the way the level starts. In that particular part you just
crash landed from the moon and got blown up by a helicopter which is why you're low on health.
The armor and ammo that were missing are pickups. If it had been the first time playing the level there is no way you could have known it was supposed to be there.

ILHASS

I was entirely satisfied. I certainly understand why people would find it unfulfilling, though.
why they(comrades) just leave him there? anya already forget him? lol...and that lady in pretty costume can save him without any trouble

Jito

Banned
That's the way the level starts. In that particular part you just
crash landed from the moon and got blown up by a helicopter.
The armor and ammo that were missing are pickups. If it had been the first time playing the level there is no way you could have known it was supposed to be there.

Really don't recall starting that section with 20 health and no ammo though. Really the surprise though is spending 2 hours on it without questioning the difficulty.

dab0ne

Really don't recall starting that section with 20 health and no ammo though. Really the surprise though is spending 2 hours on it without questioning the difficulty.

Well I used a lot of ammo
fighting off the dudes attacking my moon ship.
I wouldn't have questioned the difficulty because Uber. I probably would've gotten pissed and turned off the PS4. It probably would have taken me sometime to figure out it was a glitch without any type of reference, such as, playing the level once before. I probably would've tried to muscle through it quite a bit myself. I don't think he deserves ridicule.

0racle

Hey uburgafinz

I completed up to chapter 8 so far. Are the first 8 missions longer or shorter than the last 8 missions?

Thanks

Thriller

So how do I get a platinum trophy for this? I finished it on " I'm death incarnate" with the wyatt timeline. Im getting the last pieces of things that I missed now.

Should I start over on Uber and pick the other timeline and collect everything to finish it a 100%?

Jito

Banned
Well I used a lot of ammo
fighting off the dudes attacking my moon ship.
I wouldn't have questioned the difficulty because Uber. I probably would've gotten pissed and turned off the PS4. It probably would have taken me sometime to figure out it was a glitch without any type of reference, such as, playing the level once before. I probably would've tried to muscle through it quite a bit myself. I don't think he deserves ridicule.

Alright, was just jesting with him no need for the defense force lol Still stupid to me anyway.

eshwaaz

Those kinds of odd difficulty spikes are not unheard of in gaming. Sometimes they're bugs, sometimes not. Regardless, there's no need for ridicule just because it didn't happen to you.

Levyne

Banned
So how do I get a platinum trophy for this? I finished it on " I'm death incarnate" with the wyatt timeline. Im getting the last pieces of things that I missed now.

Should I start over on Uber and pick the other timeline and collect everything to finish it a 100%?

Beat the last mission on Uber (supposedly), play through the other timeline on easy getting collectibles and finishing perks.

dab0ne

That's one way to do it. For the Uber trophy, however, you can just select chapter 16, set it to Uber, beat it and get the Uber trophy that way then get the rest of the 100 at your leisure on a lower difficulty. If you want to experience the game on Uber you can def play it and pickup all the other stuff and perks along the way, just hope you don't run into any glitches or Jitto will bust your balls
:p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So Arthur Gies was right about this one, huh. Cue a lot of "stopped clock" jokes, but I think he's a very reliable reviewer for certain genres.

One thing that put me off at the beginning was hearing all the arcadey throwback talk, but the first mission has so many spots where turrets or enemy placement force you to use cover. Not the best start to something where I just want to rush around and be reckless, since that just chews you up.

Jito

Banned
Never did Mile High Club on hard or finish WaW on veteran with the grenade spam? It really isn't unheard of.

What's that, he never said what difficulty he was playing on? Well I'll be damned...

Edit: Never realised how much rabble I could cause by saying /facepalm, My apologise folks, carry on.

Lima

Guess I'm the only who wouldn't smash my head against a brick wall for 2 hours if a game asked me too...

No you are not. I also think the guy is kinda dumb.

I mean I can understand trying to pull through when you play a game with full regenerating health. In a game like this though? With health pickups you can get yourself in a real shitty situation if the checkpoint saves at the wrong time.

antitrop

No you are not. I also think the guy is kinda dumb.

I mean I can understand trying to pull through when you play a game with full regenerating health. In a game like this though? With health pickups you can get yourself in a real shitty situation if the checkpoint saves at the wrong time.
This happened to me on the final boss. Checkpoint saved at 20 HP, couldn't beat him. Then the game randomly crashed after a death (the only crash I ever had, actually), and when I loaded the game back up I was at 100 health and beat it on my first try.

Top Bottom