• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

clarky

Gold Member
Avowed looks like a good VR game. The visuals and animations we've seen so far isn't impressive imo.
This enemy going from attacking you to frozen and decapitated in one frame is ridiculous.

I wish it was in 3rd person.

Agreed, game looks unfinished.

They aren't bullshots the tongues look horrendous. :pie_expressionless:🤚 :goog_eek:

bozNTjx.png
tH2NgLq.png

While I think the trend of the last few years where devs cum-blasted a layer of bright neon over everything in the game was a bit much, can we please find a happy medium? Don't let the pendulum swing back to every game's color-scheme being a spectrum of dingy brown. Avowed looks fine.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Almost like trying to pass off a Mortal Kombat cut scene as Indiana Jones footage.
"trying to pass off" ... I hope that's not the infamous persecution complex speaking that the world is out there to get you guys 😛

Someone posted the video calling it Xbox's Indiana Jones, I shared it saying this "may be" Indiana Jones, folks pointed out it's MK1, and I edited my post and mentioned that, no, it's not Indiana Jones. Didn't realize it'd be this hurtful and triggering 😛

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"trying to pass off" ... I hope that's not the infamous persecution complex speaking that the world is out there to get you guys 😛

Someone posted the video calling it Xbox's Indiana Jones, I shared it saying this "may be" Indiana Jones, folks pointed out it's MK1, and I edited my post and mentioned that, no, it's not Indiana Jones. Didn't realize it'd be this hurtful and triggering 😛

but gold journalism tho :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Using youtube compressed pictures is the equivalent of 'camera adds 10 pounds'.

Here's some direct feed shots which much better in terms of IQ at least.

Bkac06n.jpeg

LvfS6IV.jpeg

iMlMZuK.jpeg

71GD61p.jpeg

LbFmays.jpeg

VVNXtGn.jpeg

Yes, these look crips but I'll say it again: it's not about graphical fidelity. Graphics are fine. It's the art style. And art style don't magically change when you add YouTube compression. It's just too joyful and colorful for my liking. But I can 100% understand why some might find it pretty.

//DEVIL//

This was never going to be a slow walking and talking third person cinematic game, which is what too many people here define "AAA" as. It always was going to be a first person Western RPG set in the PoE universe.
Just like fallout ? A western RPG with cinemstic elements ?

Who said western RPGs don't have that high quality budget ? It's just this one doesn't ( at least from last year trailer. Too early to judge )

EruditeHobo

Only thing I really care about is Indy gameplay... please look good! Anything else is the icing rather than the cake.

Either way, looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Del_X

Using youtube compressed pictures is the equivalent of 'camera adds 10 pounds'.

Here's some direct feed shots which much better in terms of IQ at least.

Bkac06n.jpeg

LvfS6IV.jpeg

iMlMZuK.jpeg

71GD61p.jpeg

LbFmays.jpeg

VVNXtGn.jpeg

I think it will be a really good game, but there's something off with the color grading. It looks both washed out and saturated. I bet it looks different when they show it off again.

BosmerCulter

Neo Member
Graphic isn't what I'm the more afraid about this game (Avowed) ...it's the level-design.

From the images and videos we got since the showcase, the level-design seems VERY linear

Last edited:

BosmerCulter

Neo Member
Isn't that open world though? We'll see more on Thursday hopefully it's not too linear.

Avowed's Game Director confirmed it's a Semi Open World like The Outer Worlds. However, it suppose to be way bigger than TOW's areas.

the fact that isn't a OW is not a problem for me but I hope we are going to get more freedom than in The Outer Worlds (even if I one of the people that really like this game)

adamsapple

Heard the 5th game might be Gears of War Remastered edition!

Hyping for Indie and Hellblade 2!

I hope that's the case, we've been hearing about that for the last 2 years almost and I'm starting to get tired of it lol, if it's real .. just put it out.

DaGwaphics

I wish Microsoft stopped focusing so much on narrative-heavy single player games and made more multiplayer titles.

Almost everything they put out already has a multiplayer focus - Gears, Halo, Forza, SoT, etc. they've just started to release some single player games after Bethesda. Seems more like balance than a case of them leaning too far that way.

I'm betting Elden Ring DLC will be shown tomorrow. Didn't Elden Ring first get announced at Microsoft's E3 show? Seeing the recent post regarding From Software's updates I thing its reasonable to see it tomorrow.

adamsapple

I'm betting Elden Ring DLC will be shown tomorrow. Didn't Elden Ring first get announced at Microsoft's E3 show? Seeing the recent post regarding From Software's updates I thing its reasonable to see it tomorrow.

Developer Direct last year was just first party content, so I don't think there will be any third party stuff.

clarky

Gold Member

I'll take that bet. This is first party stuff, just like last year.

People really do set themselves up for disappointment with unrealistic expectations.

Ozriel

M$FT

You’d lose that bet. The clue is in the title of the show. Exclusively reserved for Xbox (or Xbox adjacent) development studios to directly engage the public.

No Elden Ring stuff unless Microsoft has secretly bought From Software.

Top Bottom