• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Walshicus

completed the new peggle DLC game and trials in a hour +, only the under 200k trial game was a challenge as to not hit his special power, first time I didn't hit them, I ended up with the 100k at the end that put me over And It looks like peggle will have one more DLC going by how the DLC is arranged.
I'm happy for them to just keep going with the DLCs, value has been pretty good.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It's not a threat, it's negociation. Most Indies need to release on several platforms to be viable, so companies like MS can add their conditions. If the indie is already successful, the balance of power is switched and they can get better deals.
That's business, and nothing specific to Indies. Just like when EA got the right to host their own servers when MS wanted to centralize everything on XBL servers.

Sony had the clause that the game had to have new content if it was releasing later. Is that still the case?

derFeef

Weird question - can I buy Amazon.de (germany/austria) Xbox Live cards (say 20€) - and put the code in if my xbox is turned to US region? I am gonna say no... lol.

Without credit card you can't reall benefit from the region-free price benefits it seems.

Skele7on

Banned
Weird question - can I buy Amazon.de (germany/austria) Xbox Live cards (say 20€) - and put the code in if my xbox is turned to US region? I am gonna say no... lol.

Without credit card you can't reall benefit from the region-free price benefits it seems.

no you can't, it'l still be Euros

Ertai

No that won't work. I believe Target offers codes for sale via e-mail though.

Hammer24

Banned

Depends, if you already changed you MS billing account. When I did (DE -->US) it changed all the € to $.

You can, with a nicely setup PayPal.

Ertai

Paypal doesn't work anymore since just around March, it stopped working after that. Your only option to buy something from the US marketplace now are prepaidcards. Non-US credit cards do not work either, since it has to be registered to the country where you make your purchase.

There is a trick to allow non-US credit cards in a US account. What is checked it is the first 5 digits of the zip code. So if you live in a country that uses a zip similar than USA, just find a US city with the same 5 zip code from your real billing address and use this city as your Live address.

klodeckel

Banned
Paypal doesn't work anymore since just around March, it stopped working after that. Your only option to buy something from the US marketplace now are prepaidcards. Non-US credit cards do not work either, since it has to be registered to the country where you make your purchase.
It does still work. You just need to do it on Xbox.com and not on the Xbox. Just did it 3 mins ago :)

(German credit card --> bought for US price)

Redshirt

Banned
Ryse has definitely not been dead since Day One for me. It's not dead now either. I'm on the U.S. East Coast; not sure if that makes a difference.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The Valiant Hearts page is up on the Xbox One, but it says Unavailable instead of listing a price.

Was just about to post the same thing when I went to try and download it a minute ago. Hopefully it will be up soon or fixed?

Ryse has definitely not been dead since Day One for me. It's not dead now either. I'm on the U.S. East Coast; not sure if that makes a difference.

Good to know, I have this on the way from gamefly right now. Is the discount on the DLC worth it?

Redshirt

Banned
I think so, but I like the Ryse multiplayer a lot. You should probably try it first and decide. Keep in mind that even if you don't buy, you'll have access to the maps via the people you play with.

pacman85

And It looks like peggle will have one more DLC going by how the DLC is arranged.
Yeah I think the plan all along was to have 4 or 5 DLC packs at $2 considering the game only released with 5 Peggle masters whereas the original one came out with 10. Plus I could see PopCap wanting this to be a $20 game anyway which 4 DLC packs would put them up to for the full package. Worth it to me.

Skele7on

Banned
Yeah, getting the same thing for the last hour or two. Was hoping to give it a try this morning, but guess we have to wait a bit longer.

Don't get why it isn't yet up on the store, Really sucks, Especially since Another World was already added today.

EBreda

Okay, so been playing SSSP for like, I don't know...30 minutes? 45 minutes? I'm not sure, haha...losing track of time.

My god, this game. Addicting as hell.

So basically, you start out wondering how the hell you will ever get good, but you unlock stuff as you keep playing and doing well, letting you start on higher levels so that you get more points, unlock powers, ect. Then you feel powerful as hell.

Okay, back to playing. Buy this game people.

It's a steal for 5 bucks.
Managed to pass the 1 million barrier yesterday, starting from level 5.

Netprints

Now I feel overwhelmed with all these games available for dl. I picked up sixty second shooter prime and I plan to pick up Valiant Hearts later today. Plus I DL the new peggle master yesterday. Not complaining just glad there are games that I want to play.

Ape

Banned
So no Blue Estate this week. Sad. Not really complaining since there is lot of games to play, but it really looks amazing and I was counting in the parity clause.

MS really should be doing a "Summer of arcade" style thing for ID@Xbox.

With the blockbusters drying up over the next couple of months, it is a great chance to let some fine indies shine.

4 in a week, I hope is a start of a good run of games.

So RBI Baseball doesn't have online? There goes any chance of me buying it then... Don't live with my family like I used to when the old games were out

Top Bottom