• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Crikey, its just possible you've bought more games than I have, and I thought *I* was bad... Although my 2TB is holding strong!

Yup, you have more than me, just. Damn you US only games!

I still have Plants vs Zombies and Worms on the mail. (Yes, I buy my retail games physical, a collector's thing).

ironcreed

Banned
The Golf Club has just popped up on pegi for Xbox One, ties in with submission for cert to MS.

Let's hope it passes quick, game looks like an amazing golf game.

£26.99 on steam early access, so may be an expensive one on xbox one (unless it's game with gold), does look worth every penny if you like your golf games.

Nice, this will be great for a golf sim fix. But in the meantime, Powerstar Golf is suiting me fine and has actually dethroned Hot Shots Golf for my favorite arcadey golf game. It's amazing.

That is great news. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced and it has a really big chance to get a stranglehold on the console golf market with no EA game for a while.

I've been eagerly awaiting The Golf Club's release on the XBox One myself. I beta tested the PC version, and have been playing the Early Access version, but my PC really isn't up to the task of running this game at 1080p/60 FPS, which the game deserves. I don't have confirmation on it yet, but rumors are that the XB1 version will be running close to 60 FPS @ 1080p. That will be a whole lot better than the 1600 x 900, low detail graphics settings I've been using on the PC, just to hit 30 FPS.

I'm a little worried about The Golf Club making it through certification its first time through though. While this certainly isn't the first title that HB Studios has developed, I think it's the first one they've tried to publish themselves. I'm also worried how Microsoft is going to come down on HB Studios plans for cross-platform course sharing. My gut tells me that they're going to deny them the rights to do this, but HB Studios has hinted that they have something up their sleeves to make it a reality.

In the end, I'll be shocked if The Golf Club is in the XBox Store by the end of this month, but one can hope. I don't think Microsoft is exactly overwhelmed with game submissions for the One at present so maybe it will get a lot of attention.

pacman85

Nice, this will be great for a golf sim fix. But in the meantime, Powerstar Golf is suiting me fine and has actually dethroned Hot Shots Golf for my favorite arcadey golf game. It's amazing.
Ugh, I bought Powerstar Golf a while back when it was on sale ($10 I think) and have yet to play it. I really need to as the reason I bought it was hoping it would be a great replacement for Hot Shots Golf. Thanks for the reminder!

Chitown B

I ran out of space last March. I know I may not be the typical user, but it is pretty lame to include such a low storage HDD on a machine that should last years.

My current game list:

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Child of Light
Contrast
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Halo: Spartan Assault
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct Classic
Kinect Sports Rivals
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO The Hobbit
LocoCycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Nutjitsu
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Rayman Legends
Ryse: Son of Rome
Sixty Second Shooter Prime
Skylanders Swap Force
Strider
Thief
Titanfall
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition
Zoo Tycoon

holy crap. do you just buy everything that comes out?

I have:

Battlefield 4
Child of Light
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct Classic
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Thief
Titanfall
Watch Dogs

ironcreed

Banned
Ugh, I bought Powerstar Golf a while back when it was on sale ($10 I think) and have yet to play it. I really need to as the reason I bought it was hoping it would be a great replacement for Hot Shots Golf. Thanks for the reminder!

Oh, it definitely is. I actually like it more.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I ran out of space last March. I know I may not be the typical user, but it is pretty lame to include such a low storage HDD on a machine that should last years.

My current game list:

Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Child of Light
Contrast
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct Classic
Kinect Sports Rivals
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO The Hobbit
LocoCycle
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Nutjitsu
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Rayman Legends
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders Swap Force
Strider
Thief
Titanfall
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition
Zoo Tycoon

triple.gif

I currently have Watch_Dogs, Battlefield 4, TitanFall, Max, Halo (small game), Powerstar Golf, Trials and Guacamelee installed on my Xbox One. LOL

I think I'll be able to get through the generation just fine.

Lima

To be fair with the exception of Fighter Within and NBA Live 14 (like what the hell is wrong with you dude) there is not a single bad game on that list.

Divekick rated by PEGI
Stick it to the Man, Pure Pool and Warframe rated by USK

They were rated on other places already I think but hopefully we're seeing things come through soon

Smidget

Debating getting PvZ or waiting for PS4 version. Play on a projector so resolution is important (and those extra hats look fun too), but almost 50% off..... Is resolution and extra stuff the only difference between the two?

Debating getting PvZ or waiting for PS4 version. Play on a projector so resolution is important (and those extra hats look fun too), but almost 50% off..... Is resolution and extra stuff the only difference between the two?
PS4 is 1080p and has some extra PS character themed costumes. Just ask yourself if that is worth the extra $16. If so then hold off, if not, grab it. Also wherever your friends are likely to play it

Has there been a sale yet on Killer Instinct? I'm specifically thinking of the €19.99 Combo Breaker Pack of all 8 characters.

Side question: is there anything worthwhile in the Ultra Edition (€39.99)? It seems to be costumes, accessories and the original arcade game. Is that it? I don't think I'd be bothered with that at all.

Also, how will the Season 2 thing work? Will that be another €19.99 for 8 more characters as DLC for the game? Or is it an actual separate game?

UK ripped a new one again, PvZ is £20.87 down from a whopping £35, now the disc version never sold above £29 at launch and you can buy it now on disc for around £22 so the saving here is minimal.

Gowans

UK ripped a new one again, PvZ is £20.87 down from a whopping £35, now the disc version never sold above £29 at launch and you can buy it now on disc for around £22 so the saving here is minimal.

Buy from the US store for £14, my console is set to UK and i use the US store no problem.

TK Turk

Banned

I just picked it up a few days ago from Target (price matched Amazon). The resolution is just fine at 900p, the game looks great and is so fun. It's a steal digitally right now.

Buy from the US store for £14, my console is set to UK and i use the US store no problem.

i'm not willing to use my card with an overseas address, could buy credit on ebay or something I suppose.

I own it already from launch, even with tax included we still get robbed.

Divekick rated by PEGI
Stick it to the Man, Pure Pool and Warframe rated by USK

They were rated on other places already I think but hopefully we're seeing things come through soon

Really want to play Warframe. I liked it on PC, but was playing alone. I have friends I can probably get into it on Xbox One.

pacman85

Actually I am pretty sure the XBox One version has some exclusive split screen options. I am not sure if they are exclusive to XBox One or just to next gen consoles (meaning I know the XBox 360 version does NOT have the split screen mode but not sure about PS4).

Alx

A fairly recent game gets a 33% sale and Ryse, a then 8 month old game got a 16% cut for the sale.

The logic is strong.

They were selling Ryse at $40€ back in February too, they labeled it "an experiment on digital game pricing". Wolfenstein is probably the second round of that experiment. I think it's a good price, I was tempted for Ryse and am tempted again for Wolfenstein, although I will probably pass in the end.

A fairly recent game gets a 33% sale and Ryse, a then 8 month old game got a 16% cut for the sale.

The logic is strong.

I'm sure there's more taken into consideration into these sales than just the length a game has been out. MS probably figures Ryse has longer sales legs or potential for a series than Wolfenstein. Or they're planning on including it as a GwG game in the coming months.

blakep267

The Wolfenstein sale looks good, but I just got ghosts for $6 and PvZ for 24 Don't think I need anymore shooters right now

Plus I want to save some of my free money for later

Top Bottom