• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

ElNino

I see you're not understanding what I'm talking about. I understand that you COULD transfer a license, I never said that license was permanently tied to a specific console however the license was always initially tied to the console you downloaded the game on first so a transfer was always required if you didn't download the game on your main console. Now you no longer need to do that since your purchases are not automatically tied to whichever console you used to purchase and download a game.

License transfers were also limited to how many times you could do them. I couldn't, for example, purchase games on my bedroom room 360 and transfer that license to my main console and then the following week buy another game while I'm over at my friend's house and also transfer that license, I would need to wait 4 months.

Surely you can see the difference here?
The only realy difference is how the device license get's set initially and how to you transfer them. Both are now handled by which console is set as your Home console.

Besides that, it works largely the same as the 360 where you always get a license tied to your Gamertag that is valid whenever (and wherever) you sign in to Live as well as a device license (now always tied to your Home console) that provides access to all users on that console regardless of whether it is online or whether you are signed in.

Until I read the store page I had no idea this version allows 4 player split-screen and 8 players online, much better then 2 player split and 4 online from the 360 ver.
Are you sure you could only have 2 player split screen on the 360? I'm 99% sure my son has played 4 player split screen Minecraft on the 360 with his friends.

eastx

My Minecraft: Xbox One Edition review is live. Also, please check out my gameplay video which shows single player, 2-player, and 4-player split-screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_FNpBN7VQ

Are you sure you could only have 2 player split screen on the 360? I'm 99% sure my son has played 4 player split screen Minecraft on the 360 with his friends.

You're correct. Xbox One supports the same number of players as Xbox 360, both split-screen and online. I think the minimum 720p requirement might be gone from split-screen, but I can't test that.

Chitown B

I see you're not understanding what I'm talking about. I understand that you COULD transfer a license, I never said that license was permanently tied to a specific console however the license was always initially tied to the console you downloaded the game on first so a transfer was always required if you didn't download the game on your main console. Now you no longer need to do that since your purchases are not automatically tied to whichever console you used to purchase and download a game.

License transfers were also limited to how many times you could do them. I couldn't, for example, purchase games on my bedroom room 360 and transfer that license to my main console and then the following week buy another game while I'm over at my friend's house and also transfer that license, I would need to wait 4 months.

Surely you can see the difference here?

Yeah I gotcha. You couldn't do it whenever you wanted, you had to wait a bit. Now the license transfer is a button in the settings on the X1, and it's unlimited.

Damn I was so excited at the idea of Killer Instinct finally getting released here in Belgium along with the actual hardware.
However I saw a few hours ago that they don't let you upgrade to the Ultra Edition although the xbox.com website states it should exist and cost 40€...I ca only get the Combo Breaker level, which doesn't interest me at all :/

ElNino

Yeah I gotcha. You couldn't do it whenever you wanted, you had to wait a bit. Now the license transfer is a button in the settings on the X1, and it's unlimited.
It's not unlimited now, as per Xbox Live Usage Rules:

Can I change my Home console to a different console?
You can change which console is your Home console up to 3 times during a one year period (365 days). When you change Home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new Home console and will no longer be available on your old “Home” console.
So, you are still limited in how often you can do the move but at least the licenses associated with your gamertag are all moved automatically now. With the 360, it was a pain to have to go through all of your old content and re-download the license for each item.

Chitown B

It's not unlimited now, as per Xbox Live Usage Rules:

So, you are still limited in how often you can do the move but at least the licenses associated with your gamertag are all moved automatically now. With the 360, it was a pain to have to go through all of your old content and re-download the license for each item.

So, the same as x360 then:

Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

Yes, you can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

So the only difference is to move a game license - when you start to play it, you need to go to your history or the store and redownload the license (takes 5 seconds). Which isn't that terrible since you can go down the line on the xbox website - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/redownload-content

Bsigg12

So this is gonna be port begging but I hope The Binding of Isaac Rebirth comes to Xbox One. Maybe it'll be like 1001 Spikes where it got a PS and PC release first and a week or so later the Xbox release.

I already bought Rebirth on Steam since it was $10 for those who own the original.

ElNino

So the only difference is to move a game license - when you start to play it, you need to go to your history or the store and redownload the license (takes 5 seconds). Which isn't that terrible since you can go down the line on the xbox website - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/redownload-content
Each license download is quick, but when you potentially have hundreds to do it is a pain in the ass... which is why I've never moved my Rock Band DLC licenses over.

Chitown B

Each license download is quick, but when you potentially have hundreds to do it is a pain in the ass... which is why I've never moved my Rock Band DLC licenses over.

yeah I never bought anything like that, so it's a lot less items for me. And only the ones I need at the time.

VinFTW

Forza has been stuck at Installing.. for a very long time now. I've tried shutting down the Xbox, power cycling it and restarting the download but all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Is it doing the pre-install updates? I don't get why they haven't changed it to say Updating by now but I remember it being stuck on installing for an hour because it was installing updates galore.

Is it doing the pre-install updates? I don't get why they haven't changed it to say Updating by now but I remember it being stuck on installing for an hour because it was installing updates galore.

Huh, you're correct. It's stuck at installing but bandwidth usage is actually showing that something is downloading.

That's a terrible oversight

Fox Mulder

yeah, I just got it last week and thought it messed up while updating and installing from the disc.

According to a response from WOTC customer service posted on the Magic forums, Magic 2015 for Xbox One is delayed until sometime in October.

klodeckel

Banned
Zf8Tcpq.jpg

You can go to the Jap store to get a demo.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Didn't want to make a thread for this so I figured this would be an okay place to ask but does anyone know if or when HBO GO will be available on xbox one?

Chaos;Child demo was pretty freaky, i'll prob get it. The delusions are pretty dumb in a good way.

Didn't want to make a thread for this so I figured this would be an okay place to ask but does anyone know if or when HBO GO will be available on xbox one?

i dont think there has been any news on this.

blakep267

When they did the pre e3 apps announcements they had said HBO go would be here by the holidays.

flkraven

Hello Xbox gamers! I posted this in the Canadian Deals thread, but figured I would get more feedback here. I have to pick a free game for my console purchase, and here are the ones Im stuck on:

Ryse
Watch Dogs
Metro Redux

My thoughts are, Ryse is probably the best graphically but will most likely be dirty cheap soonest, I was super hyped for Watch Dogs but haven't played yet (but Ubisoft has a history of quick bombas), and I've never played a Metro game before but I have heard good things and I like that it has both games.

EDIT: Nvm. Went with Watch Dogs

Nemesis_

Does anyone know if I get a new console (to replace a faulty one) if my licenses automatically transfer over? Do I have to do a process on the old console before I get the new one?

I don't want to lose my Download Games and DLC purchases ._.

Rembrandt

Banned
Hello Xbox gamers! I posted this in the Canadian Deals thread, but figured I would get more feedback here. I have to pick a free game for my console purchase, and here are the ones Im stuck on:

EDIT: Nvm. Went with Watch Dogs

Wish I would have seen this earlier, I definitely would have told you to get Metro.

Does anyone know if I get a new console (to replace a faulty one) if my licenses automatically transfer over? Do I have to do a process on the old console before I get the new one?

I wanna say they're tied to the gamertag and you just have to set the new console as the home one, but idk for sure.

eastx

This is not download-related, but I wanted to share. Recently got an Xbox One controller customized with our site colors from mod service ColorWare. Really cool (but expensive) service.

no, store.xbox.com does not have demos i believe.
Can only get it by changing system region to Japan (日本国) and initiating download.

Aww, thanks. I need to find the time to download that and write something about it.

Ade

Tied to gamertag.

Sign I and its all there.

Top Bottom