• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Alx

I think the date was known for a long time now.

Yeah not only the date was known, but the beta has been open for several months now.
Anyway I don't think Spark is the kind of game to be mass-advertised to anybody, it is important that it attracts creators first, and those should be interested enough in the game to learn from its release. The bigger group of free players can come once there is a big enough choice of polished games, if they just see all the "work in progress" levels at launch they'll probably be disappointed and never play it again.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don´t get that there´s no demo requirement either. 30$ is no impulsebuy territory - let me try it!

Devs didn't like it, thus no requirement now. At least we have twitch streams linked to RIGHT on the sales page, which is almost as good as a demo, and doesn't cost them any money to produce, and can show you a lot more than a restrictive demo ever could.

I do wish some devs would personally require demos of themselves, however. Unless the cost of the extra submission or something is a pain provided by Microsoft, it's not like there should be any barriers preventing those that want to, from making demos...

Even at $30, it's funny to think a game that looks like Styx is only a few dollars more than something like Defense Grid 2 or Flockers. So much variety of prices on XB1 downloadables.

Styx looks neat, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

I've been waiting for a sale on LEGO Marvel, but not sure $24 is low enough at this point. I want it, but I have so much to play right now and the awesomeness of late-October and November looms.

Is anyone getting an xbox one before 10/26 If so pm me and i can invite you and we both get 25,000 points on rewards.xbox which equals $25 you can use on these awesome downloadable games!

xbox%20stuff.jpg

I didn't get an email and I have four friends buying an X1 in the next few weeks.

Fuck off, MS. How am I not loyal enough? I bleed green for fuck sake.

Bessy67

I didn't get an email and I have four friends buying an X1 in the next few weeks.

Fuck off, MS. How am I not loyal enough? I bleed green for fuck sake.
Want to share their gamertags? I'd love to hook them up with 25,000 reward points. Of course it has nothing to do with the 25,000 I get in return...

Rembrandt

Banned
Didn't the 360 have an option for netflix that allowed you to watch a movie with people in your party or something like that?

Also, why can't you broadcast party chat when you stream from twitch? That would be cool as hell. You could broadcast, have your friends watch the stream while in your party and you could all commentate.

Bessy67

it's not really a demo. It's a lock. The whole game has to be downloaded, and then you just pay to unlock it. If you had to do that with 20GB games people wouldn't do it.
I would. I did with Forza 5 when they did that, and I didn't even end up playing it...

Hambone

Is anyone getting an xbox one before 10/26 If so pm me and i can invite you and we both get 25,000 points on rewards.xbox which equals $25 you can use on these awesome downloadable games!

xbox%20stuff.jpg

I just picked up my Xbox One 4 hours ago. Wish I saw this sooner.

nbraun80

Sooo not sure if I should complain about this or not but was paging through the game on my X1 seeing if I feel like buying anything and when I clicked on FIFA 15 it just said 'download', not buy or anything. So I did assuming it would just be the demo or something, but sure enough I can play the whole game now. I had FIFA 14, but didn't purchase this yet so I'm not sure what happened or why I can play it. Also I live with a room mate who didn't buy it (plus he has his own account he buys stuff on) so no kids or anything hit buy.

tuna_love

Banned
Sooo not sure if I should complain about this or not but was paging through the game on my X1 seeing if I feel like buying anything and when I clicked on FIFA 15 it just said 'download', not buy or anything. So I did assuming it would just be the demo or something, but sure enough I can play the whole game now. I had FIFA 14, but didn't purchase this yet so I'm not sure what happened or why I can play it. Also I live with a room mate who didn't buy it (plus he has his own account he buys stuff on) so no kids or anything hit buy.
Is it an ea access thing?

malfcn

xbox%20stuff.jpg

I got this also.
I'd share with anyone that is picking one up too.
Pm your gamertag.

FrankT

I just picked up my Xbox One 4 hours ago. Wish I saw this sooner.

It may still work at this point being so new. Willing to try with you if you like. All I need is a GT.
Eh nvm I see it. Added you as friend which is probably a follower, but says you are not eligible. Kind of bunk with the wording they use.

Top Bottom