• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

is kickbeat a kinect game?

Nope. You play it with just the four face buttons, while the triggers or bumpers activate powers or items.

I agree, Normal mode is fine once you get the hang of it. I haven't tried Survival yet.

Friend of mine did the training and just hated it, which is why I worry about the game a bit.

Montresor

I'm pretty annoyed at a glitched achievement in Stick It To The Man. I'm stuck at 940/1000 because the Bird In The Sky achievement is broken (don't get noticed by the helicopter in a certain chapter). I've met the requirements 5+ times now and no achievement. Boooooo.

It's a wonderful, cute little puzzle game any way, with a nice art style and fantastic humorous dialogue.

Nope. You play it with just the four face buttons, while the triggers or bumpers activate powers or items.

I agree, Normal mode is fine once you get the hang of it. I haven't tried Survival yet.

Friend of mine did the training and just hated it, which is why I worry about the game a bit.
Worth noting you can also use the D-Pad directions instead of the face buttons if that suits you. I actually prefer that method myself since I spilled a drink on the face buttons and they stick :p

China is getting their fist ID@Xbox exclusive game on Monday Sep 29th: Naughty Kitties

b8b80fd3-8ce1-4c55-a6ab-4c0228076acc.jpg

It is a side-scrooler shmup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eopz5wJhCxs

Should be only available in the Chinese marketplace. Since the Chinese Xbox One is region-locked, there is no ideia if anyone will be able to get this outside China.

Xbox page:
http://www.xbox.com/zh-CN/games/naughty-kitties

Marketplace page:
https://store.xbox.com/zh-CN/Xbox-One/Games/决战喵星/74728a4c-7491-4d42-b293-42007e04b3d0

Achievements:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/naughty-kitties/achievements/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I didn't think it looked terrible (Flash-like, sure, but so Does Angry Birds, no?), but that depends on the point of the game.

If the point is to set up different load outs of kitties to defeat varied waves of enemies, that's one thing. It could demo very badly, unless the player knows what they're doing.

If it's a straight shooter that's suppose to have fast-moving waves and patterns, then yeah, it looks like it has way too many gaps in enemy attacks. It would look fundamentally flawed.

Either way, it looks like it has more personality than Nutjitsu. And even that's OK for it's price. If this is cheap enough, I'd be interested in trying it out, if it releases outside of China. Any mention of a price?

eastx

My KickBeat: Special Edition review is up. Please check it out.
Features screenshots and video of split-screen mode, which you won't see in many other places.

KickBeat_Special_Edition_Xbox_One_09.jpg

BTW, I hate having to strip the music out of gameplay videos in order to avoid copyright claims. Wish it wasn't necessary.

China is getting their fist ID@Xbox exclusive game on Monday Sep 29th: Naughty Kitties

b8b80fd3-8ce1-4c55-a6ab-4c0228076acc.jpg

That's awesome. Not that the game looks great, but new regional exclusives are very interesting. Others have pointed out that there's a good chance Chinese exclusives could show up on the Hong Kong Xbox Store, which is not region-locked. I'm hoping for it.

That's awesome. Not that the game looks great, but new regional exclusives are very interesting. Others have pointed out that there's a good chance Chinese exclusives could show up on the Hong Kong Xbox Store, which is not region-locked. I'm hoping for it.

I was expecting that too, at least in the Chinese Hong Kong Marketplace but the game page is already up in China and no sign of it yet in HK.

Chinese webmarketplace has updated again:
https://store.xbox.com/zh-CN/

Now it also lists Neverwinter Online. Interesting to see if it will be available for purchase too, since it should be a pack in game.

Worth mention that the games aren't significantly cheaper as expected. Retail games like Kinect Sports and Rayman are CN 199 (US$ 33) and Forza is CN 249 (US$ 43) while digital only like Dance Central is CN 49 (US$ 8.50).

I was messing around with the region settings on my console. While I can set it to Chinese/China Mainland when I log in it redirects me to the Hong Kong marketpace. So there are restrictions in place. I am wondering if the store is ip locked or console locked. The fact that I can access the Chinese web Marketplace makes me thing it is not ip locked, but you may need a chinese console to login in the correct region. Without it even if you could buy/queue free games using the webmarketplace you would not be able to download them (because you can log in using the console).

Montresor

Wow Flockers is amazing! What a wonderful puzzle game. I went ahead and bought it at the reduced price ($18 + tax). At that price I am very happy with the purchase.

blakep267

I was watching Felicia day and her bro play Chariot last night, and man... That game requires a whole nother level of teamwork and coordination. It looked like a lot of fun, but you're gonna need great communication to get anywhere

Updated the OP, some release dates here people might not be aware of:

chariot4mb7j.png
cq2dau7s.png

styx22uu3.png
korrapkj7f.png

neveralonepjkp4.png
totemvjuij.png

geowars32zj0o.png
orisajqv.png

idarb5rk79.png
laracroftosiriszdkt3.png

I only picked those games for "Fall 2014" release because they're the only ones I know of specifically. Totem should be October but we've not heard about it in a while so maybe it got moved back to November/December

Montresor

Flockers is on sale for $18 for another week as part of Deals With Gold. The other XB1 deal is Sniper Elite V3 at 33% off.

I highly recommend Flockers to anyone that's a puzzle game fan. Too bad there isn't a demo. Christ anyone with a passing interest in puzzle games would snap this up in a heartbeat if he/she just played the first 2-3 levels and saw what the mechanics looked like.

Spectra 8-bit racing:

GwayInteractive: @Steverulez currently Certing with the Xbox team. It will be out as quickly as we can get it to you. :D

How to Survive Storm Warning Edition:

Eko_Software: Hello @Steverulez we are working on certification with Sony and Microsoft. It's coming!!!

More games! Spectra looks quite cool, how was How to Survive on 360 etc? It came out a few months after State of Decay and I thought they seemed quite similar so I didn't end up trying it (as I was playing other stuff)

klodeckel

Banned
rivals_on_xbox_one2.png

Firstly we can now announce the platforms for our title. In 2015, RIVALS OF AETHER will be releasing on Xbox One and PC! It will be coming to Xbox One through the ID@Xbox Program and you can definitely expect online multiplayer through Xbox Live! This is huge news for us and we are very happy that RIVALS OF AETHER will be made available both to home console owners and PC gamers.

char_zetterburn_combo4_small.gif

char_orcane_combo1_small.gif

http://rivalsofaether.com/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

The funny thing about this is that it was mentioned as being at that pre-convention ID@XBOX game thing from a bit ago, so it was pretty strongly "hinted" at from that point on.

I'm kind or sad that very little impressions seemed to come out of that. We hear nothing about Legend of Raven, but it was there... Chariot was too, but at least it has a solid date.

Just feel like there should be more previews / impressions for games that seem to go from announcement to release fairly silently. I hope Rise of Aether really pushes the character and stage reveals as it gets closer to release. I look forward to having some fighters on the system other than KI series.

The funny thing about this is that it was mentioned as being at that pre-convention ID@XBOX game thing from a bit ago, so it was pretty strongly "hinted" at from that point on.

Yeh, I was going to add it to the OP and noticed I had already put it in there a while ago and linked it to a Gamescom video (presumably its listed on the video I didn't re-watch it if I'm honest).

Kind of strange, oh well.

Fox Mulder

Flockers is on sale for $18 for another week as part of Deals With Gold. The other XB1 deal is Sniper Elite V3 at 33% off.

I highly recommend Flockers to anyone that's a puzzle game fan. Too bad there isn't a demo. Christ anyone with a passing interest in puzzle games would snap this up in a heartbeat if he/she just played the first 2-3 levels and saw what the mechanics looked like.

MS really took a step back this gen without demos. Like many people are going to buy a $25 indie game they've heard little or nothing about.

I remember being shocked when I couldn't find many demos on Xbox One, after they went so hard last gen with making sure almost everything had one. Just one of the many aspects from Xbox 360 I really loved.

theDeeDubs

I saw those deals on xbox.com while at work. When I went home the XB1 dashboard still says only KI and Flockers are on sale... Maybe the site was wrong about Sniper Elite...

I see it up on xbox.com now too on the deals page. Hopefully it updates on the store soon.

Edit* The 33% discount is up xbox.com.

Top Bottom