• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Hawk269

It blows my mind this thing lacks Dolby Vision for games and movies.

Could have been a big differentiator between it and the PS4 (Pro)/XB1S as well as a big reason to upgrade from 1S for enthusiasts.

While it would of been nice, I think the big differentiator between the PRO is that it actually has a 4k Blu Ray drive to play UHD movies. It the PRO did have a UHD drive, then them having DV would of been something different...but fact that the PRO does not even support UHD is a giant differentiator.

I wonder what the supply situation is going to be like when pre-orders open. Hopefully things aren't going to be as bad as trying to get hold of a Switch.

I wonder what the supply situation is going to be like when pre-orders open. Hopefully things aren't going to be as bad as trying to get hold of a Switch.

I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as the Switch. They have had time to prepare and this is not a new console. I think it will be more comparable to the PS4 Pro if anything.

Frostman

Entirely dependent on stock. If Microsoft pump out the same amount as Sony did with the Pro, this console will be easy to pick up, it's a premium product with a premium price tag. If Microsoft don't produce as many, then it could be a bit harder to buy.

I do think it will be easy to get though, at any point, holiday or not.

Spencer said that they weren't expecting to have supply shortages in his interview with Giant Bomb at E3.

Company man and all tha though, so take with a grain of salt.

Entirely dependent on stock. If Microsoft pump out the same amount as Sony did with the Pro, this console will be easy to pick up, it's a premium product with a premium price tag. If Microsoft don't produce as many, then it could be a bit harder to buy.

I do think it will be easy to get though, at any point, holiday or not.

Yep, I expect it will be fairly high. They underestimated the demand for the Pro Controller last year and I don't think they'll make that mistake again.

killroy87

Honestly, I'm not worried. The Pro was easy to find, and it was $100 cheaper on a more popular platform.

This is a luxury item, I can't see it flying off shelves at all.

That said, I'm stoked and still want to preorder!

Not sure if this has been posted already, but the reason for no pre-orders has nothing to do with FCC clearance.

Initially, it was reported that Xbox One X needs FCC clearance before going on sale, and hence retailers are not taking up pre-orders at the moment. Microsoft's Albert Penello today revealed the exact reason behind why Xbox One X pre-order hasn't started yet. Speaking to our friend at Gamertag Radio:

"We are a long way away from launch. So I think we wanted to have a really strong E3 around talking about the product and talking about the games. We are going to do pre-orders closer to launch, I think we are going to have some fun stuff to talk about with pre-orders that we haven't talked about now."

I wonder what they've got planned...trade-in deals for current X1 owners perhaps?

Not sure if this has been posted already, but the reason for no pre-orders has nothing to do with FCC clearance.

Initially, it was reported that Xbox One X needs FCC clearance before going on sale, and hence retailers are not taking up pre-orders at the moment. Microsoft's Albert Penello today revealed the exact reason behind why Xbox One X pre-order hasn't started yet. Speaking to our friend at Gamertag Radio:

"We are a long way away from launch. So I think we wanted to have a really strong E3 around talking about the product and talking about the games. We are going to do pre-orders closer to launch, I think we are going to have some fun stuff to talk about with pre-orders that we haven't talked about now."

I wonder what they've got planned...trade-in deals for current X1 owners perhaps?

Maybe they'll bundle in a $50 voucher for data allowances, to cope with all the one-off patching and a couple of 4K asset pack downloads :)

Hoo-doo

Banned

Spencer said otherwise though on the Giant Bomb stream.

Lima

Bro I mean even the display units they have in Microsoft stores now have a small sign next to it that says this product hasn't been cleared by the FCC yet.

Maybe they will open them up at Gamescom, are they doing a conference this year?

Anyway with them suggesting 'fun' there must be at least a special bundle or something, along with a standard SKU.

Ushay

Sounds like a specific bundle or trade in program. Bring on August I guess.

Dabanton

Got to see and touch the Xbox One X yesterday at the MS Store, beautiful machine.

So lovely and compact. Asked the guy in store about pre order and "some point in august" is what I got told.

Hopefully it's sooner than that.

Proc

I think I'd trade up if I got decent value for my 1tb Xbox one s.

Anything under $200 CAD will make me hesitate.

JMY86

I can trade in my Xbox One S 1TB on Amazon right now for $158.63 USD so I'm betting you get a better deal on trade in if you hang on for a subsidized MS trade in program in August.

Any word on trade-in deals? Too early for speculation?

Right now Amazon will take my launch day X1 for $97. I don't think that's a bad deal and I've never had problems with trading items with Amazon. In most cases they give me the money before I've even printed the shipping label.

I want to play the speculation game! My guess is they offer $250 CAD ($175 US) on a 1S if you have a Gold subscription active into Jan 2018.

Or some showcase game free (Crackdown?) if you have a Gold sub and buy Day 1.

I'm trying to figure out how they can make preorders "fun".

Hardware is a loss, right? I can only speculate the "deals" will have something to do with tying customers to Live Gold or Gamepass

Woah, is the speculation about an offer at Microsoft stores or just in general?

It is pure speculation.

MS have said something along the lines of 'we are not announcing pre orders yet... We also have some fun stuff we've not talked about for launch'.

I've paraphrased, but you get the point.

Official trade in program?
Discounted Xbox One X with Xbox Live sub/Game pass?
Discounted Xbox Live/Game Pass with Xbox One X?
Bundled game(s)?
Halo 3 anniversary with every One X?

Etc, etc.

You get the point. It could be anything, it could be nothing.

We will see.

It is pure speculation.

MS have said something along the lines of 'we are not announcing pre orders yet... We also have some fun stuff we've not talked about for launch'.

I've paraphrased, but you get the point.

Official trade in program?
Discounted Xbox One X with Xbox Live sub/Game pass?
Discounted Xbox Live/Game Pass with Xbox One X?
Bundled game(s)?
Halo 3 anniversary with every One X?

Etc, etc.

You get the point. It could be anything, it could be nothing.

We will see.

Ah... I got ya. I just read through some of the speculation stuff and I really don't get it, especially not the bit about the FCC claims being a lie. They wouldn't post that on their official site if they already had the needed approval.

As for "fun stuff", I'm thinking they'll just have launch events where they really treat this like a new console launch rather than just throwing it onto store shelves. The Microsoft site states that the $499 SKU comes with a 14-day live trial and a 1-month game pass trial. I'm not sure I'd expect anything more than that honestly.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Why do I have the feeling me trying to trade in a 500GB Xbox One, they be like:
giphy.gif

nillapuddin

It'd be fine with 1-3 months of game pass honestly, I dont feel "owed" anything by Microsoft, the dollar/hour ratio in video gaming is the best in the entertainment industry and I am happy and excited to upgrade.

I expect stores to offer 100 guarantees bucks for old console, I'll try and sell my elite console + non-elite controller on Craigslist or something

It'd be fine with 1-3 months of game pass honestly, I dont feel "owed" anything by Microsoft, the dollar/hour ratio in video gaming is the best in the entertainment industry and I am happy and excited to upgrade.

I expect stores to offer 100 guarantees bucks for old console, I'll try and sell my elite console + non-elite controller on Craigslist or something

As per Microsoft's description of "what's in the box", you'll get exactly one month of Game Pass!

Colbert

Banned
Related to a special day 1 pre-order deal I hope they'll give you an Elite Controller instead of a normal one.

I got the same feeling. I think I'm just going to keep mine around in my spare room, especially as the trade-in value in Spain is roughly €85.

For my OG Xbox One I can get around 120€ for just the console without Kinect and the HDMI cable! (Germany, rebuy.de)

Top Bottom