• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed |OT| It's Rey....umm I mean Rex Time!

Without spoilers, i just started my first playthrough for xc3, just thought the first weird alien thing but was wondering does noah as a character get better? Its weird going from rex that never shuts up to noah that says nothing, so far he seems the worst protagonist

Unfortunately Noah lacks a bit in the personality department, and that doesn't change much as the game goes on. The overall blandness of the main cast of heroes AND villains is probably my biggest complaint with XC3, though at least Lanz and Eunie manage to liven things up a bit.

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
Surprised Danjin44 is not all over this :messenger_winking_tongue:

81vGanFOcpL._SL1500_.jpg

Not a survey, a market analysis.
The problem with the Xeno-franchise is it's shattered between Nintendo, SE and BN. A remaster would be easy to do, splitting money is the real problem here.

There's also the matter of how to address the major problems present in the earlier games so that they would be appealing to a modern audience. Xenogears is plainly unfinished, and the production quality across the Xenosaga trilogy is wildly inconsistent. I'm about halfway through a replay of the latter....I had forgotten how much of a mess that second game is.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Amiibos came today. Super annoyed neither have their signature marks.
i got mine when I picking up Another Code, I had no idea the Amiibo was releasing today, thankfully I was able to grab one without pre-order.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Love that Monolith Soft are doing these types of dev tutorials. XD

Xenoblade Chronicles series developer Monolith Soft recently updated their official tech blog with a beginner’s tutorial for creating textures in Adobe’s 3D Substance Designer. The tutorial teaches you how to realistically create a delightful Japanese baked treat – a melon bun (melonpan).

Monolith Soft has been regularly posting development guides for software such as Maya, Yeti, Houdini and the like, but their most recent tutorial has grabbed people’s attention with its delicious-looking subject matter. Written by Monolith Soft’s 3DCG artist Kanehira, the tutorial goes over the basics of node-based procedural texture creation in 3D Substance Designer, with screenshots demonstrating each step of the process.

Screenshot from 3D Substance Designer explaining nodes

While explaining types of nodes and their functions, the artist breaks down the elements of a typical melon bun – starting from its domed shape, its crisscrossed pattern, small bumps and sugar crystals, moving on to its distinct color, including browning from baking. They compare the process of texturing to the process of working backwards from the answer to come to an equation.

While only available in Japanese, the full tutorial with step-by-step images can be accessed from Monolith Soft’s homepage.

There has been something of a trend for realistic and mouth-watering food in games- from Unicorn Overlord’s jiggly meals to Capcom’s 3D-scanned traditional Japanese sweets, and even Dragon’s Dogma 2’s live-action meat videos.

Hudo

How would you guys rank the Xenoblade games? I think they're all good games. But if I had to make a ranking, it would look like this:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 1: DE
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (I actually disliked it at first until someone on 4chan called me retarded and suggested looking at the combat as a rhythm game. Then it clicked. Especially with the auto-cancelling)
  4. Xenbolade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  7. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna (I hated the progress-gating behind the community levels)

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
How would you guys rank the Xenoblade games? I think they're all good games. But if I had to make a ranking, it would look like this:

3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (I actually disliked it at first until someone told me to look at the combat as a rhythm game. Then it clicked. Especially with the auto-cancelling)
  7. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna (I hated the progress-gating behind the community levels)

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna The Golden Country
5. Xenoblade Chronicles DE
6. Xenoblade Chronicles Future Connectred

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For me…..
1. Xenoblade 3/ Future Redeemed
2. Xenoblade 2/ Torna Golden country
3. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition / Future Connected
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X.

NanaMiku

3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (I actually disliked it at first until someone on 4chan called me retarded and suggested looking at the combat as a rhythm game. Then it clicked. Especially with the auto-cancelling)
  1. Xenoblade X
  2. Xenoblade 2
  3. Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed
  4. Xenoblade 2 Torna
  5. Xenoblade 3
  6. Xenoblade 1 DE
  7. Xenoblade Future Connected

Top Bottom