• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
AShep said:
New Bulls-Age member reporting for duty.

Yeah I know it's easy to say i'm jumping on the bandwagon but being an NBA fan in Australia during the 90's meant that you were fed a steady diet of Bulls games and nothing else. Having the GOAT didn't hurt either.

Anyway, due to my timezone I can't really watch games live during the week but i've usually got Gamecast open in my browser so i'll attempt to contribute in real time as much as possible.

Cheers!

Welcome, Luc.

THRILLH0

Banned
giri said:
Bulls bench just gets stronger and stronger!

(Get NBA League Pass international).

Is there a playoff-only option available before I dive in next season?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Welcome, Luc.

Longley4Life. Greatest Aussie big man ever? I'll take that as a compliment.

1-armed Bogut would still school him

The Stealth Fox said:
Stay out of the matrix, Frankman.
The Stealth Fox said:
I am a Timberwolves fan.
1447262435_41a107bcc6.jpg

giri

AShep said:
Is there a playoff-only option available before I dive in next season?

Longley4Life. Greatest Aussie big man ever? I'll take that as a compliment.

1-armed Bogut would still school him
There will be a play offs only package, always is. But there's also a price for only the second half of the season iirc.

reilo said:
Welcome back.

What happened?

I didn't match into my number one field of choice (EM), so I scrambled into a different specialty.

The Stealth Fox said:
No EM? EM is very competitive now anyway, if STEP1 isn't 230+ you aren't guaranteed a decent shot.

All the MS4s at my school just got their match results in.

Yep. EM was too competitive for me. I had a pretty crummy Step 1 but decent Step 2, but in the end that didn't work out too well for me. The scramble is probably one of the worst days of your life until you match then at least.

The Stealth Fox

Adam Blade said:
I didn't match into my number one field of choice (EM), so I scrambled into a different specialty.

Yep. EM was too competitive for me. I had a pretty crummy Step 1 but decent Step 2, but in the end that didn't work out too well for me. The scramble is probably one of the worst days of your life until you match then at least.

Yeah, I'm hoping I don't have to scramble. My grades are solid though, so they say that is the best predictor of STEP 1 scores.

So I am not too worried right now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Adam Blade said:

What's EM, MS4, etc?

reilo said:
What's EM, MS4, etc?

Emergency Medicine, medical student year 4.

I'm basically going to be a doctor in a couple months, but will have to go through several more years of training afterwards before I become fully certified and licensed.

giri

Forceatowulf said:
Whoever did that; Fuck that guy.
Depends, if it was just random vandalism, yeah. If it was set there by the custodian of the court to stop people playing at all hours? ...

People playing ball makes a heck of a lot of noise.

SamuraiX-

Kings Move To Anaheim Becoming Increasingly Apparent

RealGM said:
Sacramento mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson has been talking for weeks as if it's a foregone conclusion that the Kings are headed to Anaheim next season. On Monday he said that the Maloofs have one foot and “three toes, maybe four” on the other foot out his city’s door.

The team-owned and produced radio show on local station KHTK that runs weekly, “Kings Talk,” will, according to sources, no longer be taking phone calls from listeners because of the nonstop questions about the Kings' future that only the Maloofs could answer.

In Anaheim, the Kings would be a tenant in the Honda Center, currently home to the Ducks hockey team. And while no one is sure what kind of fan base they will be able to generate as the third team in the Southern California market, the television rights revenues that could quadruple the Kings’ current contract and the chance to be more competitive in a large market are clearly motivation enough for the Maloofs.

:(

Fredette's Family Would Prefer He Join Knicks

RealGM said:
Jimmer Fredette is projected as a lottery pick in the 2011 NBA draft.

Having grown up in upstate New York, Fredette's ideal NBA landing spot would be New York City, according to his older brother T.J.

"We want him to go to the Knicks," T.J. told the Inquirer. "That's our team."

The Houston Rockets can swap first round picks with the Knicks in the 2011 draft so long as New York's 1st round pick is not the 1st overall selection.

melo.gif

etiolate said:
Maloofs looking to be Clippers 2.0

The socal fanbase really doesn't give a fuck.

I'm sorry, man. I must admit that having basketball games close (in the future) would be nice, I somehow can't raise up any fervor to go watch a Kings' game.

dream

bulls-stpat.png

Cmon, I know you guys are about to become the top seed in the east but I'm not finished mourning yet.

yes I know it's St Patrick's Day

Smokey

Jimmer Fredette is projected as a lottery pick in the 2011 NBA draft.

Having grown up in upstate New York, Fredette's ideal NBA landing spot would be New York City, according to his older brother T.J.

"We want him to go to the Knicks," T.J. told the Inquirer. "That's our team."

The Houston Rockets can swap first round picks with the Knicks in the 2011 draft so long as New York's 1st round pick is not the 1st overall selection.

What?

They can swap picks with the Knicks if they finish with a a worse record than the Rockets (not happening).

jjasper

Adam Blade said:

Yeah I have heard EM is getting competitive since people want the shift work. Sucks but at least you have a job what did you end up scrambling into?

reilo

SamuraiX-

viakado said:
melo.gif

fuck the kings, i'll be their biggest troll if they come to my town. dont want anything to do with that pansy ass organization.

oqtUP-1.gif

Why you gotta be such a hater, kado?

Just admit that you've always been a closet Kings fan and are actually dancing naked in your room right now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
MorisUkunRasik said:
Almost everytime I simulate the lakers get upset, and almost never reach the finals.

The Magic seem like the team that wins most often for me. I'd say one third of the time at least.

dream

Scalabrine playing early minutes, green uniforms, all star point guard, broken old man playing center...they really are the Chicago Celtics.

SamuraiX-

dream said:
Scalabrine playing early minutes, green uniforms, all star point guard, broken old man playing center...they really are the Chicago Celtics.

Well done.

The best part is that they're still gonna blowout the Wizards despite missing two-thirds of their starting front court.

Psycho T with 21 points in 22 minutes. I wonder where the Knicks fans who were crowning Amar'e last week for scoring against a guy who could barely walk due to injuries (Millsap) are now.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
AShep said:
New Bulls-Age member reporting for duty.

Yeah I know "LLL", "tha fuck are you" etc but being an NBA fan in Australia during the 90's meant that you were fed a steady diet of Bulls games and nothing else. Having the GOAT didn't hurt either.

Anyway, due to my timezone I can't really watch games live during the week but i've usually got Gamecast open in my browser so i'll attempt to contribute in real time as much as possible.

Cheers!

Welcome to the squad. Just don't say stupid stuff.

giri said:
Bulls bench just gets stronger and stronger!

I-see-what-you-did-there-Fry.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The Knicks need a towel to wipe the butter off their fingers.

Fucking scrubs. The lot of them.

reilo

giga said:
JJ is closing in on his career high of 42 and is 6-8 from the arc so far. Also,

1ntzh

dat hinrich.
1-8FG? That's just a normal day for Jennings.

Pacers need to keep this close so Hansbrough can get 40.

Also, I just realized that the Jazz gave Raja Bell the same contract that Tony Allen got. Wow, that a terrible decision from KO'C.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Also, I just realized that the Jazz gave Raja Bell the same contract that Tony Allen got. Wow, that a terrible decision from KO'C.
Who was it that argued that Raja was gonna be able to produce the same that Matthews did last season?

jehuty

The Bucks should just tank the rest of the season and play their rooks. Give Bogut time to heal and figure out a way to get rid of Salmons and Gooden. Dooling is a solid veteran but he and Earl Boykins need to go too. Skiles should be told he has one year to improve the Bucks or he will be out of a job. The same thing that is happening with the Bucks happened with the Scott Skiles Bulls.

I really feel bad for Jennings and Bogut. Jennings has low stats because his team sucks. Bogut is obviously playing hurt too. Worst GM of the year award has to go to Hammond for completely screwing the pooch.

Alas, this is par the course for Milwaukee sports. God is still punishing us for picking up Anthony Mason and allowing him to destroy our team and for trading Ray Allen for Gary "the Glove" Payton. *sigh*

etiolate

Banned
I get the feeling Cuban would like to rally new ownership and oust Stern, but I don't think he'd have all of the new ownership with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom