• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
JaVale McGee with a triple double. Apparently he played like a complete dumbass and played a horrible game (Including celebrating his triple double when his team was down 20 by swinging on the rim and getting a tech), but that's to be expected from McGee. I wonder if the Wizards have a single quality player on their roster other than Westbrook 2.0.

edit: Oh my god, the Wizards really only have one road win on the season. 1-40 on the road, has that ever been done before? Worst team in the NBA.

edit 2: The Wiz's schedule is brutal. They have like three winnable games for the entire rest of the season. They could end up with four wins in the last three months of the season.

Tom Penny

J2 Cool said:
More than their strength of schedule, home games would determine their success the rest of the season better. But yeah, if Boozer comes back around his expected date, I think they could win it. Then again, didn't the Celtics just lose to the Clippers, Sixers, and Nets in 3 of their last 4?

C'z have like 4 back to backs. Shits in the bag for home court. It wouldn't remotely surprise me if the C'z get the 3 seed.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
JaVale McGee with a triple double. Apparently he played like a complete dumbass and played a horrible game (Including celebrating his triple double when his team was down 20 by swinging on the rim and getting a tech), but that's to be expected from McGee. I wonder if the Wizards have a single quality player on their roster other than Westbrook 2.0.

Yi doesn't look that bad but all he can do is hit jumpers.

But yeah, McGee was terrible besides the shotblocking and his screaming into the crowd was at the most unusual of times.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
edit: Oh my god, the Wizards really only have one road win on the season. 1-40 on the road, has that ever been done before? Worst team in the NBA.
There was a Kings team in the 90s that went like 1-40 on the road.

Yup, 91 Kings.

giri

linsivvi said:
Did he win a championship there too? Andrew Gaze the World Champion(*).
Not sure, i know he went back after another stint in Australia, maybe chasing Dat Ring?

I hated gaze, he seemed to set australian basketball back by hogging the limelight even when he was past it, and never moving on.

Tom Penny

It's crazy the improvement and shot in the arm Denver got by trading Melo while the Knicks broke even on the court and are going to rape their fans with ridiculously higher ticket prices.

exarkun

honeymoon over in NY?

While Denver keeps on rollin, rollin, rollin,rolling (insert fred durst)

Edit: I also find it bullshit how some of these franchises are willing to rape their fans in tickets prices. So shortsighted.

Sharp

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

edit 2: The Wiz's schedule is brutal. They have like three winnable games for the entire rest of the season. They could end up with four wins in the last three months of the season.
Yes, I know. I saw this coming a mile away when I saw how easy our schedule was during the first half of the season. That's why I didn't give a shit when we had a home record above .500... that home record was based on playing teams like the Sixers (when they were bad early in the year), Nets, Bobcats, Raptors, etc. there. Now they're paying for that. It would be one of the more tragic stories of the season if anyone gave a shit about the mishmash of selfish, talented, low-IQ, unmotivated players that constitute the Wiz, where marginal bench players go because they know they'll get playing time. That's why our second unit is surprisingly decent.
xnipx said:
To be fair. The wiz were without their two best players tonight

:-(
Shakur wasn't out... he only played two minutes though, in which he was +4. Just like every other fucking night. I don't care if it's because he's always around in garbage time, if he's that much better than the garbage time players then start playing him more. Christ.

exarkun

dream said:
Raising ticket prices when your club is 2 losses from being a .500 team is ballsy.

Or just when you have a superstar on a mediocre team. I guess I can understand the New York and LA prices (high concentration of high income individuals) but outside of that they should be reasonable priced for the average person to enjoy the games. But even then, what big names sit court side at NY other than Spike? No reason for crazy prices.

Miami is the worst. They should recognize they have a shitty "rich" fanbase and just lower prices so normals can buy tickets there. Stop the embarrassingly empty arenas please.

Sharp said:
Yes, I know. I saw this coming a mile away when I saw how easy our schedule was during the first half of the season. That's why I didn't give a shit when we had a home record above .500... that home record was based on playing teams like the Sixers (when they were bad early in the year), Nets, Bobcats, Raptors, etc. there. Now they're paying for that. It would be one of the more tragic stories of the season if anyone gave a shit about the mishmash of selfish, talented, low-IQ, unmotivated players that constitute the Wiz, where marginal bench players go because they know they'll get playing time. That's why our second unit is surprisingly decent.

Don't worry, once you add Perry Jones (A guy no one other team in the top 8 would touch) with the first pick you'll have even more of the same problems. Wait, I don't think that would make a team better. Hopefully Jazz don't one-up Wiz by taking Jimmer 7th :(

Sharp

BTW, for those who think I'm bullshitting about Shakur, he has the highest SRS on the team (by far). I know I was the one who said +/- stats in low playing time can be misleading, and I stand by that, but you don't need statistics to tell that he makes things happen on court. The Wizards clearly know it too because they resigned him for the rest of the year. My question is, why the fuck aren't you playing him? It's worth a shot at least, isn't it? Not like the team is winning with John Wall...

giri

Tom Penny said:
It's crazy the improvement and shot in the arm Denver got by trading Melo while the Knicks broke even on the court and are going to rape their fans with ridiculously higher ticket prices.
last 10
NY: 5 - 5
Den: 8 - 2

I don't know the quality of the oposition that the nuggets/ knicks have faced, but still, 8 - 2 is a good run.

giri said:
last 10

I don't know the quality of the oposition that the nuggets/ knicks have faced, but still, 8 - 2 is a good run.

On the other hand nobody sings songs for Friday Night Nuggets, so there's that.

dream

LiveFromKyoto said:
Are you kidding? That's literally the best record the Knicks have had since 2001. The excitement is back at the Garden, baby!

You're right, I temporarily forgot that New York Basketball Is Relevant Again.

exarkun

giri said:
last 10

Denver has been beasting some quality hoes.

I want to start the Douston Ruggets-age.

Sharp said:
BTW, for those who think I'm bullshitting about Shakur, he has the highest SRS on the team (by far). I know I was the one who said +/- stats in low playing time can be misleading, and I stand by that, but you don't need statistics to tell that he makes things happen on court. The Wizards clearly know it too because they resigned him for the rest of the year. My question is, why the fuck aren't you playing him? It's worth a shot at least, isn't it? Not like the team is winning with John Wall...

Welcome to SLOAN CULTURE.

The New Look Knicks have given up a staggering 117ppg in their last 5 losses. I didn't think it was possible, but they might actually have to fire 'Antoni and bring in a defensive minded coach next year. There's no way they settle for .500 ball with two max guys on the team. COTY Mike Brown is available.

Edit: Remember when I said they might be the worst defensive/rebounding team in the league? And after the Heat game some people thought they had it figured out.

giri

Gigglepoo said:
If they did the 2009 draft over again, Griffin would still go first, and Psycho T would go second.
Tyreke or Curry would still go ahead of him.

He'd probably be able to slid in the top 5.

Gigglepoo

giri said:
Tyreke or Curry would still go ahead of him.

He'd probably be able to slid in the top 5.

It would probably go Griffin, Curry, Tyler.

I'm shocked at how good Hansbrough is. He looks like his Carolina self again.

Black Mamba said:
just got in. Let's see if Portland can give LAL some help, here. Looks like a good one taking place.

It seems like every Blazer game is really close. What an exhausting team.

If Roy continues to play well, this is a nightmare matchup for whoever draws them in the first round. I've got my fingers crossed it's OKC.

giri

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The New Look Knicks have given up a staggering 117ppg in their last 5 losses. I didn't think it was possible, but they might actually have to fire 'Antoni and bring in a defensive minded coach next year. There's no way they settle for .500 ball with two max guys on the team. COTY Mike Brown is available.

Edit: Remember when I said they might be the worst defensive/rebounding team in the league? And after the Heat game some people thought they had it figured out.
I hear Terry Porter is looking for a coaching job again....

giri said:
Yes because obviously jerry was a terrible coach.

He was a great coach, but he never played young guys. This mass oversimplification is like sarcastically responding "Yeah, Shaq was a terrible player" when someone says "Man, Shaq was an awful free throw shooter."

If they did the 2009 draft over again, Griffin would still go first, and Psycho T would go second.

I think it would go:

Griffin
Curry
Matthews
Harden
Reke
Lawson
Psycho T

But that's still really good. This is still counting the Wolves as trading their pick for Mike Miller which obviously wouldn't happen over again, so it's a little flawed.

Roy is so great at buzzer beating shots.

It seems like every Blazer game is really close. What an exhausting team.

If Roy continues to play well, this is a nightmare matchup for whoever draws them in the first round. I've got my fingers crossed it's OKC.

I don't mind as long as it's not LAL. A win here moves LAL into the driver's seat for #2 and puts Portland less likely to be #7. win-win

Gigglepoo

Black Mamba said:
Roy is so great

I agree. One of my favorite players in the league and a guy who is definitely good enough to be The Man on a championship team. Fucking injuries...

Black Mamba said:
I don't mind as long as it's not LAL. A win here moves LAL into the driver's seat for #2 and puts Portland less likely to be #7. win-win

Portland can beat any of the top seeds and will tire out anyone who gets past them. It's really going to suck for whoever has to play them. Best lower seeded team (by far) in the league.

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

I should have specified that teams who wanted to win would draft Hansbrough third. No one in his right mind would take Reke now that we've seen who he is. You simply cannot win in the NBA if he's a key part of your team.

There was only one star in that draft, but Hansbrough and Curry would be able to contribute on good teams. Either guy would be incredible on Miami right now, for instance.

pilonv1 said:

He's been really good since the chemo.

I should have specified that teams who wanted to win would draft Hansbrough third. No one in his right mind would take Reke now that we've seen who is it. You simply cannot win in the NBA if he's a key part of your team.

There was only one star in that draft, but Hansbrough and Curry would be able to contribute on good teams. Either guy would be incredible on Miami right now, for instance.

I would agree with that, but I still think Wes Matthews is a better prospect and the Wizards/Timberwolves would still take Reke even if he is a cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom