• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portland can beat any of the top seeds and will tire out anyone who gets past them. It's really going to suck for whoever has to play them. Best lower seeded team (by far) in the league.

Well, I don't know if they can actually beat LAL (but I won't dismiss it), but I do agree they will tire them them hell out. Which is why I don't want them. NOH looks like pushovers for Lakers. I think Portland has an excellent shot versus Dallas and possibly OKC too.

Roy has moments of the Roy I remember. Roy is another player, despite my disdain for Portland's team, whose game i just love.

Dallas getting sloppy.

Excellent PnR play for LA alley-oop.

Gigglepoo said:
They'd have no chance against the Blazers in the first round. I don't think they could win one game in Portland.

You could also say this about the Mavs going against the Grizzlies or Nuggets though no chance is way too harsh since the Mavs have interior D for the first time in recent memory.

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Do they really have a chance against any of the 5-8 teams in the West other than the Hornets?

I think Dallas would beat the other three teams. New Orleans (well, you know), Memphis (SA will sweep them, anyone else would win in five), and I still think Denver is a mirage. A fun mirage, I'm just not sold on them yet. Can you imagine if they won in the first round? After Melo historically tanked every season (but one)? While New York gets murdered in the first round? That'd be fun.

Gigglepoo said:
They'd have no chance against the Blazers in the first round. I don't think they could win one game in Portland.

can Portland win in Dallas? Could be one of those 7 game only home team wins series.

I wouldn't say Dallas couldn't win, but I think Portland could be favored.

They have owned us more than any team in recent years and we literally couldn't win there forever. I certainly don't want to see them in rd 1

We've also blown em out like 2 of the last 3 (or 4) times in LA. And we did win in Portland last year and this and the one time they won in LA was with a hobbled Kobe, though in fairness Roy got hurt in the game too so it means nothing both ways.

Definitely the last team I'd want to see, but we should still beat em.

Jeff-DSA said:
The #2 dunk is still one of my all time favorite posterizations.

I have to say that might be my favorite Jordan moment. I've seen it hundreds of times and it still manages to surprise me. How the hell he did he do all that in one graceful swoop. lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There you go Rudy. Aldridge has made Chandler his bitch this season.

Gigglepoo

How come Roy is dominating the ball down the stretch instead of LMA? Seems like they should be working it down low to get Chandler out.

reilo

Gigglepoo said:
How come Roy is dominating the ball down the stretch instead of LMA? Seems like they should be working it down low to get Chandler out.
Cause Dallas is too afraid to double Roy in fear of an Aldridge pick n roll. And just like that, Roy does Roy. Roy is also playing PG right now with Miller on the bench.

Gigglepoo

What do the advanced stats say about Roy down the stretch? He has to be among the best closers in the league, right?

I still think LMA should get the bal

reilo

Gigglepoo said:
What do the advanced stats say about Roy down the stretch? He has to be among the best closers in the league, right?

I still think LMA should get the bal
One of the best, yeah.

Blazers needed this game. Been playing some horrible basketball the last 2 games. Still don't like giving Dallas 60% shooting. At least it was a win.

KingGondo said:
PorFTland?

heh. nah, it was a product of Oreb and Dallas TOs. They didn't even get 70 shots up against one of the slowest teams in the league.

Cloudy said:
At this rate, NO looks like the best matchup a top seed can hope 4. The West is crazy lol

They'd be so easy for Lakers. They'd become LAL's new Utah series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom