• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
They'd be so easy for Lakers. They'd become LAL's new Utah series.

Eh, CP3 would eat Fish alive and the West/Okafor/Landry frontline is rugged AND skilled. It wouldn't be a walk in the park but I'd take that over Portland, Memphis or Denver

exarkun

LovingSteam said:
All that I know is I do not want to play the Blazers. BRING ON THE HORNETS!

for real. You guys just went from hard fought series to BLOWOUT LOL. Denver styled on em, hate to see what LA is gonna do to them.

Omiee

Cloudy said:
Eh, CP3 would eat Fish alive and the West/Okafor/Landry frontline is rugged AND skilled. It wouldn't be a walk in the park but I'd take that over Portland, Memphis or Denver

new avatar lol, anyhow hornets would definitly be easy series for the lakers, not a 4-0 but def 4-1

Cloudy said:

Okafor and West are too small and Okafor isn't a threat on offense. Plus they have no good 2 guard and Ariza has been awful this season.

We've beaten em what, 5 of 6 times, with the only loss minus Kobe and Drew?

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
Okafor and West are too small and Okafor isn't a threat on offense. Plus they have no good 2 guard and Ariza has been awful this season.

We've beaten em what, 5 of 6 times, with the only loss minus Kobe and Drew?

yeah a memphis hornets series wouldent be much of a problem.
denver and portland thought could be hard

Fatalah

An overly offensive style of play doesn't fit this town. You can hear it in the voice of any Knicks fan -- we've never been comfortable with this system. Why? New York City adores defense. We love Pat Riley's Knicks. Hearty, gritty, rock-solid defense. Serve it up chunky, we'll eat it up.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Amar'e giving 110% out there... Trying his best to avoid being fouled out, letting WHOEVER he's guarding score 25 pts at the end of games.

Win me something D'Antoni. Maybe I'll wax poetic about your creamy tomato soup offense.

FOR NOW, I LIKE IT CHUNKY.

diehard

Fleer
Cloudy said:
Not any more than Deron did. Nobody on their team is as soft as Boozer, though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Denver is playing great right now, but what's gonna kill them is that they are 13-20 on the road.

Cloudy

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Not any more than Deron did. Nobody on their team is as soft as Boozer, though.

Even though we swept them once, the series with the Jazz these past few years have been pretty close. Lakers got quite a few lucky bounces in several of those games to take big series leads and deflate the Jazz.

Things could have been very different if Utah ever got the series advantage. I certainly don't feel LA had an easy time with them

Dallas playing Warriors tomorrow and then Spurs on Friday. Lakers Minn on Friday. Would love to get a small cushion.

Chicago's schedule is really easy the rest of the month. Boston is in legit trouble.

god damn, those chicago unis are awful. They look like Boston. Who came up with this?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
marathonfool said:
Blazers are a weird playoff team. The defense is very porous and allow high percentage shooting regularly.
Yet they are stocked with some really athletic and proven defenders out there.

Branduil

marathonfool said:
Blazers are a weird playoff team. The defense is very porous and allow high percentage shooting regularly.
That's because they're always gambling and going for steals. It helps when the refs never call fouls on you.

diehard

Fleer
Cloudy said:
Even though we swept them once, the series with the Jazz these past few years have been pretty close. Lakers got quite a few lucky bounces in several of those games to take big series leads and deflate the Jazz.

Things could have been very different if Utah ever got the series advantage. I certainly don't feel LA had an easy time with them
Games in LA were really close just never could close out. Freaking CJ missed that 3 in game one last year. Then game 3 Lakers made like 10 straight 3's.

giri

marathonfool said:
...... .. ..?

Umm

Portland are one of the scrappiest Defensive teams in the league, EVERY possesion is a fight. Their problem in the playoffs has been that their O system has always been heavily reliant on iso's, so you could scheme against it, even the suns could, and they then couldn't score at all.

dIEHARD said:
Games in LA were really close just never could close out. Freaking CJ missed that 3 in game one last year. Then game 3 Lakers made like 10 straight 3's.

Yeah, but CJ had gotten the team back in it. I still wonder what would have happened though :(

giri said:
...... .. ..?

Umm

Portland are one of the scrappiest Defensive teams in the league, EVERY possesion is a fight. Their problem in the playoffs has been that their O system has always been heavily reliant on iso's, so you could scheme against it, even the suns could, and they then couldn't score at all.
Blazers allows the same eFG% as the Knicks. About the same as the Warriors and Suns. The Blazers offense is often near the top of the league in efficiency because of offensive rebounds and low turnovers. Play the passing lanes and rebound the ball, you have effectively taken away the Blazers offense. Under McMillan, the Blazers have been entirely mediocre on defense for a long time now.

Cloudy

Banned
dIEHARD said:

And in game 4, Jazz missed on a putback at the buzzer.

2008 was probably the closest though

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2008.html

Game 1 May 4 Utah Jazz 98 @ Los Angeles Lakers 109
Game 2 May 7 Utah Jazz 110 @ Los Angeles Lakers 120
Game 3 May 9 Los Angeles Lakers 99 @ Utah Jazz 104
Game 4 May 11 Los Angeles Lakers 115 @ Utah Jazz 123
Game 5 May 14 Utah Jazz 104 @ Los Angeles Lakers 111
Game 6 May 16 Los Angeles Lakers 108 @ Utah Jazz 105

That series could have gone eitherway. Especially if the Jazz had taken 1 in LA

And last year's series is probably the most competitive sweep you're gonna see lol

Western Conference Semifinals (4-0): Los Angeles Lakers over Utah Jazz
Game 1 May 2 Utah Jazz 99 @ Los Angeles Lakers 104
Game 2 May 4 Utah Jazz 103 @ Los Angeles Lakers 111
Game 3 May 8 Los Angeles Lakers 111 @ Utah Jazz 110
Game 4 May 10 Los Angeles Lakers 111 @ Utah Jazz 96

Cloudy said:
At this rate, NO looks like the best matchup a top seed can hope 4. The West is crazy lol
i can't tell if this is a pic of a girl dressing like a dude, or a dude looking very feminine.
suwsyf.jpg

Cloudy said:
And in game 4, Jazz missed on a putback at the buzzer.

2008 was probably the closest though

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2008.html

That series could have gone eitherway. Especially if the Jazz had taken 1 in LA

And last year's series is probably the most competitive sweep you're gonna see lol

A lot of that is misleading. lakers had big leads and Utah made pushes when it was too late on a couple.

In '08 game 5 was the Kobe Spasm game and utah couldn't pull it through. Once they lost that game, series was definitely over. And Lakers were up 20 going into the 4th of game 6.

Last year wasn't that close, outside of game 3. That was a lucky win.

Mothman91

SamuraiX- said:
Chicago is officially the #1 seeded team in the East.

gotdayum

The Bulls need homecourt more than just about any team as they aren't very good on the road.

At home, they will be extremely tough to beat.

I can't believe a 1 seed is realistic now.

Seda

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The Bulls need homecourt more than just about any team as they aren't very good on the road.

As a Bulls fan..I'm kinda in shock. They seem to do something sloppy (fg%, defense, something) in every game. I think they can make some legit noise in the playoffs, but they aren't as good as their record.

Seda said:
As a Bulls fan..I'm kinda in shock. They seem to do something sloppy (fg%, defense, something) in every game. I think they can make some legit noise in the playoffs, but they aren't as good as their record.

You're too hard on Chicago teams.

They haven't even been 100% healthy, dude.

Derrick Rose is the leader, not Jay Cutler:p

Seda

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You're too hard on Chicago teams.

They haven't even been 100% healthy, dude.

Derrick Rose is the leader, not Jay Cutler:p

lol I guess I'm starting to have that rep around here.

Fatalah said:
An overly offensive style of play doesn't fit this town. You can hear it in the voice of any Knicks fan -- we've never been comfortable with this system. Why? New York City adores defense. We love Pat Riley's Knicks. Hearty, gritty, rock-solid defense. Serve it up chunky, we'll eat it up.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Amar'e giving 110% out there... Trying his best to avoid being fouled out, letting WHOEVER he's guarding score 25 pts at the end of games.

Win me something D'Antoni. Maybe I'll wax poetic about your creamy tomato soup offense.

FOR NOW, I LIKE IT CHUNKY.

I know how you feel. Colangelo euroball was aways wrong for Toronto, we wanna watch hockey with jumping. The fans chant harder for Reggie Evans getting rebounds than they ever did for TJ Ford or Bargnani getting baskets.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

First you take our defensive genius assistant coach.

Then you take our white catholic superstar.

Then you take our colors.

Now you take our spot.

That's how I rationalize becoming a Bulls fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom