• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
dream said:
First you take our defensive genius assistant coach.

Then you take our white catholic superstar.

Then you take our colors.

Now you take our spot.

That's how I rationalize becoming a Bulls fan.
Get in line, they stole from the Jazz way before the Celtics.

dream

Sorry, I forgot the Jazz were relevant at one point.

I guess the Chicago fans did too. That would explain why they chant Scalabrine and not Kyle Korver.

diehard

Fleer
dream said:
Sorry, I forgot the Jazz were relevant at one point.

I guess the Chicago fans did too. That would explain why they chant Scalabrine and not Kyle Korver.
Not too long now before your borrowed HOF'ers retire and we all collectively laugh at a team lead by Rondo and Jeff Green.

SamuraiX-

It's after midnight, guys.

Save the shit talking for tomorrow when the Clips get blown out by the Sixers and the Jazz get their asses handed to them again by the Pups.

J2 Cool

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You're too hard on Chicago teams.

They haven't even been 100% healthy, dude.

Can't use the "potential" excuse for them not showing enough complete games to someone. They've been healthy enough to be able to judge the team. Bulls do benefit from an easy division. I'd like to see them get more consistent offensively, but they have a legit shot at holding the #1 seed, and homecourt is huge like you said.

I also continue to be impressed by Thibodeau in his first season as head coach. He's had a couple blunders early on, but I like him keeping Taj and the bench rotation in place, and swapping in Kurt Thomas for Boozer.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Puddles said:
Why is Tyler Hansbrough called Psycho T?

Because in college his game was so ugly that other players would have psychotic breakdowns wondering how his junk went in the hoop...

J2 Cool said:
Can't use the "potential" excuse for them not showing enough complete games to someone. They've been healthy enough to be able to judge the team. Bulls do benefit from an easy division. I'd like to see them get more consistent offensively, but they have a legit shot at holding the #1 seed, and homecourt is huge like you said.

I also continue to be impressed by Thibodeau in his first season as head coach. He's had a couple blunders early on, but I like him keeping Taj and the bench rotation in place, and swapping in Kurt Thomas for Boozer.

Nah, I never use the excuse because I always believed what Thibs said ("we have more than enough to win") when Boozer and Noah have been out on and off.

That was moreso when Seda said they weren't as good as their record and how he has said that about the Bears as well.

I certainly wasn't denouncing that possibility as he's not an outrageous and out there poster, just maybe that he should look more on the bright side at times.

I'm realistic as well, I don't expect the Bulls to make the Finals or win it all this year, I do think they should make the Eastern Conference Finals though if they play good basketball because they are complete, dominate on defense and rebounding and are so well coached.

I think Thibodeau is in a category with Phil Jackson as far as Bulls' coaching competence is concerned. He's easily the best coach since Phil and a large part of their success. It helps too that you have such a good group of guys that listen and buy into everything he says and like one another. That sometimes is overrated, the camradery but I like teams with no drama.

The Celtics are like that, they don't care about minutes and stats, they just want to win championships.

I will have to look up Miami's and Boston's schedules from here on. I know the Bulls' one, as has been mentioned recently, isn't that difficult but they still have to go out and play well and execute every game as they struggle on the road.

Mrbob

Seda said:
As a Bulls fan..I'm kinda in shock. They seem to do something sloppy (fg%, defense, something) in every game. I think they can make some legit noise in the playoffs, but they aren't as good as their record.

Oh Seda always predicting doom for the Chiicago teams!

I thought the Bulls would grab a 3 or 4 seed before the season started, so they have definitely had a much better season than me (or anyone) anticipated. If they end up with dat number one seed my expectations will rise and I'll expect at least a trip to the NBA Finals. Basketball isn't like football where a 6 seed can win it all (Smokey pimp ur Rox!). Normally the top seeds are the top seeds for a reason because they are better than other teams. Home Court is huge for the team. Da Bulls are tough to beat at home. I'm not as worried about road games either because it seems like they are finally figuring out how to close out and win road games. This is their last step to truly becoming a complete team a tough out in the post season. Also, when you are number one in many defensive team stats this means it is tough for any team to defeat you in a seven game series.

I agree Chicago is in a weak division. However they are 18-7 against the West and 10-0 in their last 10 games against top 7 teams in the NBA. So it isn't like they are only beating up on chumps.

Harrison Barnes scouting report from Draftexpress.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Draft-Prospect-of-the-Week-Harrison-Barnes-3648/

He's a very, very similar player to CJ Miles but is way more clutch. Hopefully teams can drill those dumbass, step-back and turn-around threes out of him, but they couldn't get rid of CJ's desire for them. don't know how interested the Jazz will be in him considering that they have CJ Miles and that Gordon Hayward already plays fairly similarly to CJ as well (But far, far less aggressively/idiotically)

KingGondo

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
Bulls are good. Thibs is their MVP, not Rose.
Thibodeau and Ron Adams.

Our defense fell off a cliff once he left. We're getting better now because of better defensive personnel, but that guy turned coal into a diamond last year.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Draft-Prospect-of-the-Week-Harrison-Barnes-3648/

He's a very, very similar player to CJ Miles but is way more clutch. Hopefully teams can drill those dumbass, step-back and turn-around threes out of him, but they couldn't get rid of CJ's desire for them. don't know how interested the Jazz will be in him considering that they have CJ Miles and that Gordon Hayward already plays fairly similarly to CJ as well (But far, far less aggressively/idiotically)

Does Corbin even play Gordon Hayward???

He played hardly at all against the Bulls.

Draft Express needs to hurry up and do their NBA player comparisons. Still waiting for John Wall to become Derrick Rose with better court vision.

Jeff-DSA

Hayward should be getting more time. His shot has been very reliable the second half of the season and he's our best defender at his position. The kid just tries real hard out there, but he's smart with his shot selection even when he's clearly on fire.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

I love how Barnes has 2 inches on Miles, but C.J. has 20 pounds on Harrison.

SamuraiX-

TylerD said:
You are on notice Miami! I am bringing the D and the scowls tonight.

love,

BBUYj.png

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Does Corbin even play Gordon Hayward???

He played hardly at all against the Bulls.

Gordon sprained his foot in the Chicago game. He should be back against the Rockets. He's been pretty good for the last 30 games or so, but needs to attack the defense more. He has a great handle and quickness for a SF.

Rodeo Clown said:
Tanking like a champ.

The team is actually trying really hard to win but is super beat up. Al and Harris treat every win like winning the Finals at this point.

edit: Favors as well. He gets so excited after victories. Hewitt and the Nets must make even beating the Raptors seem like an incredible thing.

SamuraiX- said:
Honest question, does Psycho-T have what it takes to be an elite NBA player??? I know its Amare but from the couple of Pacers games I've seen he's been a consistently good player even though he doesn't have the flash and hype of a Blake Griffin. God knows he was torching us in the couple of games the Heat played against them

giga

CherryWoodFuton said:
Honest question, does Psycho-T have what it takes to be an elite NBA player??? I know its Amare but from the couple of Pacers games I've seen he's been a consistently good player even though he doesn't have the flash and hype of a Blake Griffin. God knows he was torching us in the couple of games the Heat played against them
lol no. He could could be better than Bosh though.

SamuraiX-

CherryWoodFuton said:

He's only been looking all-star good because he's been taking a shit on Amar'''''e for the past 2 games.

His work ethic is evidence that he will only continue to improve and understand the game better as time goes on and he should have a prosperous career in the league as a solid backup guy.

Call me if he shoots +50% against KG tonight.

KingGondo

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Wall is a better distributor, Westbrook was a better rebounder and (slightly) more efficient scorer as a rookie.

I would say that this is more of an endorsement of Wall's future than a damning of Westbrook, though. Russ can definitely be maddening to watch when he goes into hero mode, but overall I'm thrilled he's on our team. Mark my words, he will add a good 3 point shot this summer, and he's already starting to hit with much more regularity. The #1 thing I want him to learn is restraint and to continue to look to distribute toward the end of games rather than trying to win by himself. His assist totals plummet as games go on.

The biggest difference between them is work ethic, IMO. It's probably not realistic to expect Wall to improve as much as Russ has every year.

SamuraiX- said:
He's only been looking all-star good because he's been taking a shit on Amar'''''e for the past 2 games.

His work ethic is evidence that he will only continue to improve and understand the game better as time goes on and he should have a prosperous career in the league as a solid backup guy.

Call me if he shoots +50% against KG tonight.

The one game I saw them play one on one in college, Blake Griffin had him for breakfast. Career backup, Corliss Williamson type who will surprise you once in a while with 20 and 12 games. But definitely not an elite player by any stretch.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Seda said:
As a Bulls fan..I'm kinda in shock. They seem to do something sloppy (fg%, defense, something) in every game. I think they can make some legit noise in the playoffs, but they aren't as good as their record.

If anything, they're better than their record. Missing arguably their 2nd and 3rd best players for a lot of games is a big deal. Defense is rarely sloppy. Frankly, teams rarely play a perfect game. The ability to win when something isn't working well is the sign of a true quality team.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Grant Hill said:
It was a sad and somewhat pathetic turn of events, therefore, to see friends narrating this interesting documentary about their moment in time and calling me a bitch and worse, calling all black players at Duke “Uncle Toms” and, to some degree, disparaging my parents for their education, work ethic and commitment to each other and to me. I should have guessed there was something regrettable in the documentary when I received a Twitter apology from Jalen before its premiere. I am aware Jalen has gone to some length to explain his remarks about my family in numerous interviews, so I believe he has some admiration for them.
I am proud of my family. I am proud of my Duke championships and all my Duke teammates. And, I am proud I never lost a game against the Fab Five.
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/grant-hills-response-to-jalen-rose/

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
SamuraiX- said:

Ok ok ok, maybe I was being overzealous a bit. But they're at least a couple games better than their record, if anything, based on their 9-8 start. I see them winning 60 games this year. At worst, they'll go 10-6 the rest of the season and still win 58 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom