• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid asshole Maloof brothers.

The Sprint Center in KC is a beautiful, state of the art arena with suites waiting to be sold. It's right in the middle of a thriving downtown entertainment district. The local fanbase is insane for basketball (nuts for NCAA, and packs the house every time there's an expo NBA game). Also, the local fanbase is absurdly loyal to any of its teams; the Royals still average 20k asses in seats per game after 25 years of mediocrity. The closest NBA market is Oklahoma City, so KC Kings country would be a huge piece of real estate... four states, minimum. There are three local NCAA top 25 programs whose players would feed the Kings to some extent, as some at least would like to stay in their region.

Every reason on earth to bring the Kings back to KC, but no, these dicks are going to move them to Anaheim, where they'll have to fight with the Clippers AND the Lakers for every sports dollar.

And as a final FU to Kansas City? They're going to change the name back to the Royals. That's just great.

KingGondo

Banned
Westbrook and Durant are our two primary scorers... Sure, Durant is our "closer," but Russ plays his role at the end of games too. Rose's role would be very similar to Russ's if he was on the Thunder, and vice-versa.

KingGondo said:
Westbrook and Durant are our two primary scorers... Sure, Durant is our "closer," but Russ plays his role at the end of games too. Rose's role would be very similar to Russ's if he was on the Thunder, and vice-versa.

The reason I see it differently is that Rose can hit the clutch jumper.

It all comes down for me how comfortable you are with each player's(in this case I mean)outside shot.

I haven't seen Westbrook enough but I would guess that Rose's jumpers is easily less "iffy".

Duane Cunningham said:

The Sprint Center in KC is a beautiful, state of the art arena with suites waiting to be sold. It's right in the middle of a thriving downtown entertainment district. The local fanbase is insane for basketball (nuts for NCAA, and packs the house every time there's an expo NBA game). Also, the local fanbase is absurdly loyal to any of its teams; the Royals still average 20k asses in seats per game after 25 years of mediocrity. The closest NBA market is Oklahoma City, so KC Kings country would be a huge piece of real estate... four states, minimum. There are three local NCAA top 25 programs whose players would feed the Kings to some extent, as some at least would like to stay in their region.

Every reason on earth to bring the Kings back to KC, but no, these dicks are going to move them to Anaheim, where they'll have to fight with the Clippers AND the Lakers for every sports dollar.

And as a final FU to Kansas City? They're going to change the name back to the Royals. That's just great.

Hey, you get no argument from me, the last thing we need is another underachieving mess of a franchise with the Clippers still here.

SUPREME1

Banned
KingGondo said:

Rose/Durant > Westbrook/Durant

I'd even go as far as to say:

Rose/Durant > LeBitch/Wyade

Redraft time:

1. Wall
2. Monroe
3. Favors
4. George
5. Cousins
6. Fields
7. Evans
8. Patterson
9. Davis
10. Turner
11. Hayward
12. Udoh
13. Booker
14. Bledsoe

Jazz with 3 of the top 11 prospects from the 2010 draft, very nice. Avery Bradley with a PER of -2.1, that's very not nice. I wanted to go further into this to see Wesley Johnson gets drafted in a 2010 redraft, but Bradley's and Babbitt's negative PERs killed that desire. It seems like a really bad class other than the top 5 and all of those guys still have major question marks.

Boombloxer said:
Hey, you get no argument from me, the last thing we need is another underachieving mess of a franchise with the Clippers still here.

Yeah, and trust me. I know Kansas City, and when it comes to supporting "underachieving messes"... hell, we'll do it for generations.

But Perkins admitted that he still isn't 100 percent, though his challenge at this point is more about getting acclimated rather than his knee. Perkins said he isn't sure when he might feel completely comfortable.

“It might take the rest of the year,” said Perkins, who's played in only 14 games this season after missing the season's first 43 with the Celtics while recovering from a knee injury he sustained in the NBA Finals last year.

So the Blunder traded for damaged goods huh...

Not like it matters, since they'll be a first round exit anyhew...

KingGondo

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The reason I see it differently is that Rose can hit the clutch jumper.

It all comes down for me how comfortable you are with each player's(in this case I mean)outside shot.

I haven't seen Westbrook enough but I would guess that Rose's jumpers is easily less "iffy".
Russ has hit his share of clutch jumpers (the other night against Miami, and he routinely hits those pull-up 15-footers at in the fourth quarter), and is shooting 50% from three in February and March (on only 30 attempts, but still).

Rose's 3PT% has fallen off a cliff since the all-star break.

Adam Blade said:
So the Blunder traded for damaged goods huh...

Not like it matters, since they'll be a first round exit anyhew...
He's looked fine out there. In fact, he brought the ball up the court on one play against the Wizards.

The article is clearly talking about learning our system and getting used to the players, not his knee.

D- troll attempt.

KingGondo said:
Rose's 3PT% has fallen off a cliff since the all-star break.

You must have forgotten about the recent game against the Jazz but yeah, Rose hasn't been as good from three as he was earlier in the year and yeah, I'm not worried in the slightest as he notices all this and just works harder on his game when it has some stumbles.

As long as he's a threepoint threat, the defense is in trouble.

And he is and will be for the rest of his career likely.

He said he's getting the same looks, they just aren't falling.

KingGondo

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You must have forgotten about the recent game against the Jazz but yeah, Rose hasn't been as good from three as he was earlier in the year and yeah, I'm not worried in the slightest as he notices all this and just works harder on his game when it has some stumbles.

As long as he's a threepoint threat, the defense is in trouble.

And he is and will be for the rest of his career likely.

He said he's getting the same looks, they just aren't falling.
My primary concern if I were a Bulls fan is that he's taking over 6.2 attempts from deep after the all-star break, and he was only taking 4.3 before. That's a huge increase, and it suggests he needs to be far more judicious with his attempts.

It'll probably come back down with the slower pace of the playoffs, but it's still an area of concern.

KingGondo said:
My primary concern if I were a Bulls fan is that he's taking over 6.2 attempts from deep after the all-star break, and he was only taking 4.3 before. That's a huge increase, and it suggests he needs to be far more judicious with his attempts.

It'll probably come back down with the slower pace of the playoffs, but it's still an area of concern.

I'm not THAT concerned but word from Bulls' announcers during the games is that Thibodeau cringes when the Bulls as a team shoot a bunch of threes.

Rose, for better or worse, often goes by "feel" with his shots.

Or maybe it just seems that way because he's not a guy that moves away from the ball for threes.

His outside shooting will always have that "questionable" decision-making because of how he plays but he's way more of a threat now that he can shoot from the outside.

For me, he's a solid outside shooter, an almost unstoppable driver but I value both that much.

JaVale McGee's triple-double on Tuesday against the Chicago Bulls received a negative reaction from many pundits who believed that McGee went to seemingly embarrassing means to reach the milestone feat in the midst of a blowout loss.

NBATV analyst Kevin McHale called it a “bad triple-double” and described it as “terrible.” But McGee said on Wednesday that he doesn’t care about the negative criticism that followed.

“I got a triple-double,” McGee said. “Who can say they got a triple-double? I’m not really worried about it.”

smh

Duane Cunningham said:

the Maloofs want Anaheim because they themselves are like the fair weather fans in SoCal. they're attention whores. they sold off their only profitable business to prop up the debt ridden but more glitzy business like the Palms and the Kings. They fly out b list celebrities to games in Sac just to sit court side. why would anyone who have no ties to the area fly out to games in sac.

the city worked with the maloofs to get together plans to increase taxes to build an arena for the Maloofs but they bailed out of supporting it when they realized they weren't getting everything they wanted. They wanted to control a large chunk of the distrct where the arena would've been built so they can keep away competing venues. They don't give a fuck about no thriving entertainment hub unless they control it.

You want a NBA team, but not the Maloofs. They're broke, they meddle and undermine coaches and the GM.

Grimm Fandango said:
I didn't catch the game so how was it "embarrassing"?

Went for blocks instead of playing sound defense (Like usual for him but his play style is always embarrassing), starting isoing from the three point line for his last point needed for the triple double, got a tech for swinging on the rim once he got the triple double while his team was down by 20.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Considering the Kings were the Royals long before the Kansas City Royals existed, I don't think you can complain about that.

Tom Penny

I was just looking at some random stats. How the fuck has Billups averaged 9 FT's a game since he's gone to the Knicks? He's a superstar now?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Tom Penny said:
I was just looking at some random stats. How the fuck has Billups averaged 9 FT's a game since he's gone to the Knicks? He's a superstar now?

And Derrick Rose is still at 6.3...smh.

dream

Tom Penny said:

He's the best player on the Knicks.

dabig2

Tom Penny said:

He pulls off a lot of bullshit veteran moves to get the refs to call a foul. One of his favorites being slowing down intentionally and throwing his body into the defender.

Guarding Billups would be one of the most infuriating assignments if I was an NBA PG.

Kahn is randomly defending his trades for Magic Randolph and Beasley to almost unrelated questions on this Locke podcast.

edit: David Locke seems to have forgotten that Duncan, Jordan, Pippen, Ginobili, and Hakeem were all drafted by the teams they won championships with, he is so terrible.

edit 2: Not even mentioning the Jazz and Sonics teams of the 90s that came close to winning titles...

edit 3: There wer weird comments about Oden at the end of the podcast, I wonder if Kahn's going to go after Oden in the offseason.

Ok, I've done this eight straight weeks and the Knicks have lost like 8 straight times. Friday Night Knicks has not been kind lately but I never promised it would. I said win or lose, Friday Night Knicks is entertaining to someone. Tonight Knicks face a mutinous Detroit team w/o Rip Hamilton

Will the Knicks play down to the level of their competition again?
Can Jared Jeffries actually score 5 points?
Will Carmelo Anthony play a game without picking up an offensive foul?
Will someone upload the new Friday Night Knicks intro to YouTube??

All these question and more will be answered tonight... on
fridaynightknicksmini.jpg

Friday Night Knicks!!!

Don't mind riding the bus,
Don't mind taking the train,
Don't mind wearing walking shoes running to the game,
Knicks on Friday Night,
M-S-G is the place to be,
Whatever it takes to make it there I'll do it all again... (HEEYYYYYY)

I gotta GET THERE...
as fast as I can! (eyyy)
I gotta get there...
Friday Night Knicks I'm a fan!
I gotta get there...
Please understand,
We're talking Friday Night Knicks on MSG
You got a front row seat,
I do it just to get there!!!

fnk-dl-440x244.jpg

Omiee

charsace said:
I have the nuggets down as contenders. They are the deepest team right now and have scoring at every position.

yeah they definitely got stronger after that trade, i would hate to face them in the playoffs.
their crowd is pretty good to

The Frankman said:
Man the size of Detroit is bothering the Knicks... why not post up Carmelo and have him abuse Prince/Daye?

Toney Douglas is insanely hot now.
This Pistons team is weird. Their bench is better than their starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom