• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I Push Fat Kids said:
Feel pretty good about this loss.

Dear Basketball Gods, let us draw the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1st Round.
Wait, what?

1'st game: Blow out *No Bynum
2nd game: Mental collapse
3'rd game: Mental collapse *No Bynum

And you feel "good" about this? Does not compute...

edit - Can't believe Kobe almost ended up shooting 50% in this game. Those 3's he jacked up made it look worse than it actually was I guess.

MPW

couldn't find any streams to watch this :( atdhenet let me down

keep it going lakers, only 1 defeat since all star break

Kevtones

Ninja Scooter said:
Lakers were in sleepwalk mode tonight and still won. Don't use a close loss to think you can hang in a 7 game playoff series.

Portland hasn't played well in any of the games this year and they should've won 2 of them. Plus I live in LA and it would be 10X more satisfying than the Oregon/USC game this year.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They ARE very old and slow, they have to pace themselves.
i dont know. maybe. or maybe they've been to the finals 3 straight years. the regular season doesn't seem to faze them.

ps-matt money smith on foxsports west looks fucking lit.

Puddles

Banned
So... Kobe is retiring after this season, right?

He's looking more washed up than the dead fish I saw on a riverbank the other day.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Cloudy said:
Kobe gets fouled on almost every shot but he gets no calls. Unreal
0022_f6qq.gif

Cloudy said:

I bet you he gets to the line more than Derrick Rose and goes to the basket less.

Kobe sure thinks he gets fouled every time.

I don't remember seeing Kobe miss a shot and not throw his hands up or yell for a foul, almost like he actually believes that him missing a shot can't be do to himself.

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
Fans boo the refs at questionable/bad calls in their own home arena? No fucking way dude! Next thing you'll tell me that fans also cheer when the home team makes a basket and the team wins the game? Holy shit dude. No way. What awful fans.

Who said Stern was out to get Portland? Who are you reading that from? Me saying Portland has had a brutal back-to-back schedule is a fact.

Are those the best conspiracy theories you can think of? Truly? Maybe Durant can upgrade to being better than a taller Rafer Alston in the playoffs before you talk shit.
At least you admit that you equate "questionable/bad calls" and "calls that go against the Blazers."

And damn, I didn't realize Durant sucked that much, you really opened my eyes... If only we could trade him for someone with tons of playoff success like LMA.

SUPREME1

Banned
Would somebody please post Kobe's heroics?

I got bored at some point in the 3rd and thought I'd do some cable management in the office. Right as I'm finishing up, wifey comes in says the Lakers won. Didn't realize I took so long.

Then I log on and see the Kobe comments...

reilo

KingGondo said:
At least you admit that you equate "questionable/bad calls" and "calls that go against the Blazers."

And damn, I didn't realize Durant sucked that much, you really opened my eyes... If only we could trade him for someone with tons of playoff success like LMA.
They both have about as much playoff success. So, again, why are you talking shit? I'd love to see your team win 50+ games with an injury depleted roster. Shit. You can't even beat the Raptors at home with a healthy one. Is that why you're so salty tonight? Trying to forget how Durant choked away another game by airballing a potential game winner?
ImperialConquest said:
Would somebody please post Kobe's heroics?

I got bored at some point in the 3rd and thought I'd do some cable management in the office. Right as I'm finishing up, wifey comes in says the Lakers won. Didn't realize I took so long.

Then I log on and see the Kobe comments...
I'm still waiting for thekad to show up and talk about how unclutch Kobe is.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Cloudy said:
One of these days Kobe needs to show up with a paper cut out mask of LeBron, Wade, Martin or Durant. It's the only way he has a fucking prayer.

I gotta say Lamar got the worst of it tonight though. And-1 after and-1 after and-1.... and he ended up with nothing to show for it. Crazy.

reilo

Ninja Scooter said:
Would you leave $90 million on the table?
He'd still get that money, I think.
Forceatowulf said:
One of these days Kobe needs to show up with a paper cut out mask of LeBron, Wade, Martin or Durant. It's the only way he has a fucking prayer.

I gotta say Lamar got the worst of it tonight though. And-1 after and-1 after and-1.... and he ended up with nothing to show for it. Crazy.
Oh god, Jeff and diehard became Lakers fans. Hell has frozen over.

reilo

Ninja Scooter said:
if he retires? Don't think so. Otherwise Vince Carter would have retired the minute he signed his last contract.
Nevermind, guess you're right:

The only exception to this is when a player is still under contract, wants to quit, and his team doesn't want to let him out of his contract. Under these circumstances the player can file for retirement with the league. The player is placed on the league's Voluntarily Retired list, forgoes his remaining salary, and cannot return to the league for one year. The latter requirement prevents players from using retirement as an underhanded way to change teams, but can be overridden with unanimous approval from all 30 teams.

Any money paid to a player is included in team salary, even if the player is no longer playing or has retired.

reilo

That damn Kobe Bryant gets no respect! He's only second for active NBA players in free throw attempts behind Shaquille O'Neal, and #11 all time. Shameful! Seriously! The guy gets NO foul calls at all!

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
They both have about as much playoff success. So, again, why are you talking shit? I'd love to see your team win 50+ games with an injury depleted roster. Shit. You can't even beat the Raptors at home with a healthy one. Is that why you're so salty tonight? Trying to forget how Durant choked away another game by airballing a potential game winner?
Nah, I'm not mad. You're bound to have some shitty losses in an 82 game schedule, and if KD plays like normal we win by 10+. Raptors to us are like the Bobkittens to the Lakers. We're still on pace to beat last season's win total.

And I'm not talking shit, just stating my perception of Blazers fans. Passionate, yes--but it gets ridiculous because they seem to think that their team can do no wrong sometimes. Every team has to overcome adversity at some point in the season, whether it's a spate of injuries, a tough schedule or a long road trip. Just part of being in the league, and at least your team is still in position to make some noise in the playoffs (they're probably the last team I want us to play in the first round).

Enough "woe is me."

reilo

Zep said:
6.8 is pretty good for someone who attacks the basket at most a handful of times a game.
He's attempting only 3.4FGA "At Rim" this season:

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kobe Bryant

KingGondo said:
Nah, I'm not mad. You're bound to have some shitty losses in an 82 game schedule, and if KD plays like normal we win by 10+. Raptors to us are like the Bobkittens to the Lakers. We're still on pace to beat last season's win total.

And I'm not talking shit, just stating my perception of Blazers fans. Passionate, yes--but it gets ridiculous because they seem to think that their team can do no wrong sometimes. Every team has to overcome adversity at some point in the season, whether it's a spate of injuries, a tough schedule or a long road trip. Just part of being in the league, and at least your team is still in position to make some noise in the playoffs (they're probably the last team I want us to play in the first round).

Enough "woe is me."
My summary of tonight's game was "Portland was dead tired because of the tough back-to-back and bad turnovers in the final five minutes (Miller two, Batum one)". Yet you constitute that as "woe-is-me"? Yeah, how about you read the thread instead of jumping in halfway through because you don't know what you're talking about right now.

Puddles

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Looking at stats is not my thing as has been evident in some of my posts but this one is fun:

Derrick Rose has more blocked shots per game than LeBron James.

Lebron sucks at defense.

Puddles said:
Lebron sucks at defense.

Yeah, I know and knew that but some think he's one of the better defenders in the league because they show his chase down blocked shots on Sportscenter and all that.

He's not even good at those anymore.

SUPREME1

Banned
reilo said:
That damn Kobe Bryant gets no respect! He's only second for active NBA players in free throw attempts behind Shaquille O'Neal, and #11 all time. Shameful! Seriously! The guy gets NO foul calls at all!

Kobe is averaging about 25% less free throw attempts this season compared to both LeBron and Wade.

Just saying.

Edit:

"at rim" LOL. Advanced stats!!!

reilo

ImperialConquest said:
Kobe is averaging about 25% less free throw attempts this season compared to both LeBron and Wade.

Just saying.
Lebron averages 2.2FGA "At rim" more than Kobe. Dwyane Wade averages a whopping 3.7FGA more than Kobe "At rim". Those guys are also in their prime athletically (well, Lebron is at least) moreso than Kobe.

Hell, Jordan averaged 7FTA at age 33, and he lead the league in PPG that season.
Red Blaster said:
Either Cousins or Bynum.
He's got it. Bye MightyPoo!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
reilo said:
Lebron averages 2.2FGA "At rim" more than Kobe. Dwyane Wade averages a whopping 3.7FGA more than Kobe "At rim". Those guys are also in their prime athletically (well, Lebron is at least) moreso than Kobe.

Hell, Jordan averaged 7FTA at age 33, and he lead the league in PPG that season.

He's got it. Bye MightyPoo!
What's Kevin Martin and Durants "At rim" totals compared to Bryant? I'd like to see those please.

ImperialConquest said:
I changed my answer!

Edit: LOL, I read it as foul shots, or something. Fuck you.

Bynum?

That's even worse, Rose has to ram his body as hard as he can into the defender and then tell the ref that he just had sex with his mother to get to the line!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom