• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreak47

Tonight is so goddamn epic on TNT. If Spurs lose and Lakers win, Lake Show officially has a shot at the top seed, miraculously...

(well of course, SA's injuries don't exactly make that prospect a "miracle", really...)

Omiee

Phreak47 said:
Tonight is so goddamn epic on TNT. If Spurs lose and Lakers win, Lake Show officially has a shot at the top seed, miraculously...

(well of course, SA's injuries don't exactly make that prospect a "miracle", really...)

the chanse of lakers taking top seed is realy low

dream

Yeah, we should be making fun of the Xoom instead.

Anyway, Jermaine and Von Wafer are back tonight. Yall so fucked. :/

Phreak47

Omiee said:
the chanse of lakers taking top seed is realy low

A huge step up from "impossible" just 10 days ago though. Put it this way: Lakers could be only 2.5 games back after tonight, and they have the extra game in hand. On top of that, Lakers/Spurs have one more game head to head. So again, after tonight, there could possibly be only one more game they need to make up that they don't have control over. Just one.

M7HWY.jpg

bpLYv.jpg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-beards-of-glory,0,5733117.htmlpage

Tom Penny

Isiah just never stops

“I have no problem saying this at all,” he says. “They’re [Magic Johnson and Larry Bird] all 6-(feet)-9 and [Michael] Jordan was 6-6 and a half. If they were all 6-1, it wouldn’t even be a question. They wouldn’t even f—ing rate. If they were all my size, s—, they wouldn’t even be talked about.

[...]

“I beat the s— out of them when they were that big. If we were all the same size, f—.” He stops to laugh good-naturedly. “Make them 6-1 and let’s go on the court.”

LOS ANGELES – There is legitimate concern about how the Mavericks match up with the Lakers’ starting lineup.

Just not from owner Mark Cuban.

Shawn Marion, the Mavs’ best wing defender, takes the challenge of guarding Kobe Bryant. Because of his size, Rodrigue Beaubois has to defend point guard Derek Fisher. That leaves Jason Kidd on Ron Artest, meaning the 38-year-old point guard has to deal with a three-inch and 50-pound disadvantage against the 6-foot-7, 260-pound small forward with the physique of a defensive end.

Cuban would love to see the Lakers try to exploit the Artest-Kidd mismatch.

“Anything that puts the ball in Ron Artest’s hands is always a good thing,” Cuban said. “And you can tell him that I’ll even take him out for ice cream. Of all the choices you have on that team, you want Ron Artest making the decisions in the triangle.’’

The ice cream comment was a reference to a sarcastic tweet from Artest before the Lakers’ March 12 win in Dallas, when Artest scored 12 points on 5-of-8 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds. Artest tweeted that he thought Cuban, a frequent critic of his, would take him out of ice cream after the game.

Trying to coax Ron into breaking the triangle, eh?

edit also:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Charlotte Bobcats backup center Joel Przybilla(notes) will miss the remainder of the season with continued pain in his right knee.

The Bobcats on Thursday announced Przybilla will undergo another procedure to remove wires inserted in the knee after he twice tore his patella tendon. Przybilla has not played for Charlotte since March 7. He was acquired from Portland in a Feb. 24 trade that sent Gerald Wallace(notes) to the Trail Blazers.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dIEHARD said:
If the Xoom had a GPU like the ipad 2, i would consider it.
I couldn't care less about GPUs on tablets. I wouldn't want to play games on them, anyhow.

reilo

dIEHARD said:
Well then the Xoom is perfect for you, it doesn't have any.
I did try booting up the Tron game on the iPad 2 earlier today, and it crashed on me. I'll chalk that up to being a shovelware Disney game though.

Sanjuro

On vacation, heard the foolish new comments.

If I called Isaiah Thomas the n-word here I would be banned, right? Must be nice to have no consequences from your comments.

Omiee

Darkman M said:
He's making nearly 2 million dollars this season, pretty easy to see what she sees in him.

if your talking about humphries im sure kim makes more than him with all that whoring around on tv etc.

DCX

DCX
CherryWoodFuton said:
Back off xbot
No console war bullshit pls
Introduce yourself....you haven't earned the right to call me anything..

seriously, who are you?!

DCX

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-michael-beasley-s033111,0,407212.story

Yet for all he endured during his two first two NBA seasons, there remains a surprisingly fierce loyalty to the Heat. He said he was particularly annoyed earlier this season when there was speculation about Erik Spoelstra's coaching future in South Florida.

"Firing Spo? That was ridiculous," he said. "He's a players' coach. When I heard that, it kind of bothered me."

There has been contact throughout the season with sidelined Heat power forward Udonis Haslem -- "U.D. is like family to me" -- as well as Wade and point guard Mario Chalmers, another Heat 2008-09 rookie.

He said he plans to support all three during the playoffs.

"I'm going to be there part of the summer, so I might as well go to a few games," he said.

At times during his tenure, Beasley said he felt beat down by expectations. He said it troubled him to see his former teammates having to endure something similar this season.

"It's sad, everybody telling you the Heat's struggling, the Heat's not that good," he said. "Well, they got 50 wins. I would love to be not that good.

"At the end of the day, they're going to be in the second or third round, maybe even the championship. So I would love to go through all that controversy right now."

Will David Kahn take the wily veteran Mike Miller back for Michael Beasley?

Also, we will use Jeff's thread title idea right!?

Omiee

man i realy wish boston wins, and we win. homecourt advantage is such a big deal in the playoffs. I dont think are chanses are big defeating the mavs or spurs without home court advantage.

reilo

EviLore said:
New thread time
I'm putting up the April thread tonight after the last two games of the month, is that cool? Or do you need me to do it now?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
reilo said:
I'm putting up the April thread tonight after the last two games of the month, is that cool? Or do you need me to do it now?

Do it now so we're higher up on the sticky list! VIVA NBA GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom