• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

Clippers suck and we don't even get a draft pick!

I wanted that Yurop dude... Valanciunas. Euro Blake Griffin! Or was that Vesely's nick...?

giri

dream said:
You know, that sounds unusually right to me as far as NBA punishment goes.
I'd rather have seen them all cop 1 game bans. Though i guess money hurts Howard more.

I don't know what my take is on it, in one way, i feel Z's actions were really cheap, and deliberate. On the other hand, if you want to play up in their face D like that, that's the price you pay, you know that going in. I'm a little torn on the whole thing.

Duke guard Kyrie Irving is projected as the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft if he decides to leave school early.

This weekend, the 19-year-old Irving will travel home to New Jersey to discuss his options with his family.

But no one should expect a quick answer.

"Right now, we're going to do our due diligence and privately discuss it as a family," Drederick Irving, Kyrie's father, said Wednesday. "It could be a month or it could be a week. It's not going to be quickly."

Irving said after the Arizona game that the decision remained uncertain. On Wednesday, his father echoed those comments, calling this the biggest decision of Kyrie's life.

"Right now," Drederick Irving said, "Kyrie's focus is on being a student and doing well in the classroom."

lolol

Like he's not going to declare. This year is his only chance to go #1.

Melo's stats are so strange, he usually shoots better from 16-23 feet than 10-15 feet or 3-9 feet. While he takes more of those shots and would obviously practice more of those shots, it's still strange.

dIEHARD said:
Do i keep telling you it's spelled "Fredette" ... you were waay off.

Jazz can take him at 12 after that awful Florida game.

lolol

Like he's not going to declare. This year is his only chance to go #1.

He'll go #1 next year if there's a Sophomore limit (Which I'm really hoping there's not after seeing Anthony Davis with actual teammates and competition), but he is declaring. Hopefully Barnes changes his mind about going back to UNC...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Omiee said:
i always wondered how they work i mean we have more replies but are not on top?
and its def not the newest is on top either.
SephCast said:
Yes, please explain.
It's ordered by thread creation. Oldest goes on top.

reilo

Adam Blade said:
I could have sworn years ago that it was sorted by last post.
Yeah, but as new stickies are added, the older threads get pushed to the top and the newer ones begin at the bottom. That's all.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
reilo said:
It's ordered by thread creation. Oldest goes on top.

Exactly...so if we make our April NBA thread before the April NHL thread, we'll be higher up...so I was right...ok.

reilo

SephCast said:
Exactly...so if we make our April NBA thread before the April NHL thread, we'll be higher up...so I was right...ok.
Right, but we'd still be below NFL and MLB.

dream

giri said:
I'd rather have seen them all cop 1 game bans. Though i guess money hurts Howard more.

I don't know what my take is on it, in one way, i feel Z's actions were really cheap, and deliberate. On the other hand, if you want to play up in their face D like that, that's the price you pay, you know that going in. I'm a little torn on the whole thing.

Yeah, everyone knows what Z was doing there but you have to draw a line between throwing elbows (dirty as it may be) and actually throwing a punch. I think Wall easily deserved the brunt of the fallout.

Omiee

dream said:
Yeah, everyone knows what Z was doing there but you have to draw a line between throwing elbows (dirty as it may be) and actually throwing a punch. I think Wall easily deserved the brunt of the fallout.

i wasent watching the game so does anyone have a youtube link for me.

giri said:

The ruling was justice and I'm a Wizards fan. Z's cheeseball elbow jabs were awful, but the more subtle you are with your bullshit in this league the lesser the hammer will be. Wall on the otherhand basically threw a punch...and you have got to be suspended when you go that far.

You're allowed to get all up in someones face though...if you want to collect a foul then drive past for the easy block call. If you CANT drive then don't even get mad when some guards up in your grill trying to poke the ball out.

reilo

ph33nix said:
I actually really like Kevin McHale. He's got a good sense of humor.
Agreed. All of those years managing the Timberwolves were comical.

Omiee

ph33nix said:
I actually really like Kevin McHale. He's got a good sense of humor.

yeah he has no problem what so ever adjusting to who ever he is commentating with or in the studio, the guy is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom