• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
xnipx said:
I'm sure there are fine dining establishments built for millionaires to eat at tho right?? I remember leron McClain for the ravens had his bday dinner at cheesecake factory I just wanted to go there and kick him in the head

There's a big difference being rich because you've always been around wealth and being rich because you were lucky enough to be good at sports and were thrown a ton of money at.

Not to mention their lives entail always traveling, working out, etc.

I wouldn't doubt a guy like Joakim Noah, who came from money, eats at different places than Derrick Rose when not together.

YuriLowell said:
U Still Mad.

Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get the fuck over it.

KG is KG he has played that way his whole career.

This response is cute. You guys were the one's whining like a little bitch about Dudley with such audacity considering you have the prime example of douchebaggery on your team. I'm laughing at the irony but you go ahead and throw out the U mad? meme.

xnipx

Black Mamba said:
There's a big difference being rich because you've always been around wealth and being rich because you were lucky enough to be good at sports and were thrown a ton of money at.

Not to mention their lives entail always traveling, working out, etc.

I wouldn't doubt a guy like Joakim Noah, who came from money, eats at different places than Derrick Rose when not together.
Lebron doesn't come from money. But he only eats at 5 star restaurants. Sure he's had boosters and handlers since he was 13 and hes a douche. But did you not see the article about tyreke evans eating habits affecting his play?

I don't come from money, but if I suddenly came into a large sum of money I would not be eating at no damn cheesecake factory

dream

I'm all for some bomb ass foie gras and a medium rare steak diane, but maybe some of these guys genuinely prefer jalapeno poppers and mozzarella sticks.

reilo said:
Favorite spot for players to go eat on a roadtrip is at the Cheesecake Factory.

EDIT: lol beaten. It's no joke. Cheesecake Factory is the spot to eat at for players.

the side serving of mac n cheese is gdlk.

also, the MEATLOAF!

xnipx said:
Lebron doesn't come from money. But he only eats at 5 star restaurants. Sure he's had boosters and handlers since he was 13 and hes a douche. But did you not see the article about tyreke evans eating habits affecting his play?

I don't come from money, but if I suddenly came into a large sum of money I would not be eating at no damn cheesecake factory

But you've been around money, right? Or at the very least, you understand it.

Lebron's been around money and he has a team for this. Lebron is different in that he is a brand. Money was going to push him there and it did. And players usually change as they get older. Demarcus Cousins being young and new to this probably would go to Cheescake.

Yeah, if I got money I'd also be at high class places. But while I've never been anything above middle-class, I've been around money. I've been taken to Beverly Hills and other crazy ass expensive places. I didn't grow up underprivileged where going out to eat anywhere outside of McD or burger king was a big deal. A lot of pro football and basketball players did. Unless they're being groomed to become a global icon, chances are it till take a while before it happens.

Karakand

Rodeo Clown said:
Damn, I'm sorry. I can only remember one time the league blocked a move (the Wolves to New Orleans). Why don't the Maloofs sell the team?
Because the system doesn't promote entrepeneurship or punish mismanagement.

To paraphrase the Threepenny Opera since I'm seeing it tonight (at a small time lib arts college to boot!), what's robbing a local bank when you can blackmail people for having civic pride?

dream

Black Mamba said:
But you've been around money, right? Or at the very least, you understand it.

Lebron's been around money and he has a team for this. Lebron is different in that he is a brand. Money was going to push him there and it did. And players usually change as they get older. Demarcus Cousins being young and new to this probably would go to Cheescake.

Yeah, if I got money I'd also be at high class places. But while I've never been anything above middle-class, I've been around money. I've been taken to Beverly Hills and other crazy ass expensive places. I didn't grow up underprivileged where going out to eat anywhere outside of McD or burger king was a big deal. A lot of pro football and basketball players did. Unless they're being groomed to become a global icon, chances are it till take a while before it happens.

Would you be there every night though? Filet mignon stops being special when you're having it for dinner all week long.

Another thing to consider is how many calories athletes take in. Fine dining is generally synonymous with smaller portions.

dream said:
Would you be there every night though? Filet mignon stops being special when you're having it for dinner all week long.

Another thing to consider is how many calories athletes take in. Fine dining is generally synonymous with smaller portions.

I wouldn't eat out every night if I didn't have to even if I was rich. I'm a pretty good cook and it's healthier. That said, if I was rich out my ass, I'd have a personal chef.

Of course, athletes are on the road all the time with little free time on those road trips unless they have a day off. I wouldn't expect them to eat out at fancy places every night. I'm sure they eat at the hotel restaurant quite often. And there's nothing wrong with eat at the Cheesecake factory. And you're 100% right, they need lots of food because they burn off calories. I'd probably just find local joints that people like, whatever the cuisine, based on recommendations most night (though not McD).

And fine dining isn't necessarily better than a hole in the wall, especially when it comes to certain cuisines.

But I'm not surprised some athletes pick Cheesecake factory to celebrate a birthday. From some of our perspectives, it seems silly. You'd think being a millionaire would at least mean they'd start at Ruth's Chris type value.

And there's nothing wrong with some fast food every now and then. One of the Oscar parties served In n Out to the stars and they love it. McD is pretty gross, though.

dream

reilo said:
You should show up to a Blazers game then!

paulallen.png

But yeah, Mamba, I agree with you on the celebrating birthdays at the Cheesecake Factory thing. It sort of implies that the Cheesecake Factory and the like are the gold standard for them which is just fucking bizarre.

Brinbe

KingGondo said:
Goddamn Kris Humphries has been putting up huge numbers since the trade.

15 and 14 today with 4 blocks through 3 quarters.
Yep, and guess who has been Ding him up all game...

reilo said:
You should show up to a Blazers game then!

It's always a little disappointing when in a sports arena and you see the wave start on one side and you're prepping for it when it hits you...and then it dies out before reaching you.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I forgot this game was on at 3. So much for my streak for the cash run -_-

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Squall ASF said:
It's always a little disappointing when in a sports arena and you see the wave start on one side and you're prepping for it when it hits you...and then it dies out before reaching you.
I think the only reason it even happens in Portland, is because all of the hipster do it ironically.

Blackface

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Andrea Bargnani is straight up garbage, goddamn.

All he can do is score thats it. He can't defend, can't rebound. He was better at blocking shots previous seasons.

He led everyone in the East in scoring in Feb if I am not mistaken. Which doesn't eman shit because he constantly gets raped while playing defense. He would be insane playing for D'antoni, and thats fucking it.

reilo

Blackface said:
All he can do is score thats it. He can't defend, can't rebound. He was better at blocking shots previous seasons.

He led everyone in the East in scoring in Feb if I am not mistaken. Which doesn't eman shit because he constantly gets raped while playing defense. He would be insane playing for D'antoni, and thats fucking it.
Dwight and Lebron averaged more.

Watching Bargnani is depressing. It's like milking a cat. Reminds me when Cliff Robinson was the best player on the Blazers. Even then, they made the playoffs every year in the west.

SUPREME1

Banned
reilo said:
I think the only reason it even happens in Portland, is because all of the hipster do it ironically.

The wave originated during a soccer match. You've probably never heard of soccer... it's not mainstream in the states.

reilo

dIEHARD said:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2011/images/03/04/RAPTORS_NETS_3_t1.jpg[/IMG
Ok that just looks really really weird.[/QUOTE]
He finally put a headband on to cover up that nasty fade?

reilo said:

I can't remember how often it occurs during Suns games but many a Cardinals game has this failed attempt occured. I want to say there's enough hyper energy for a successful run in playoff games.

reilo

Squall ASF said:
I can't remember how often it occurs during Suns games but many a Cardinals game has this failed attempt occured. I want to say there's enough hyper energy for a successful run in playoff games.
Oh I'm not even talking about "failed" attempts here. The entire 300 level has gotten a full wave going many many times.

Rodeo Clown said:
Advanced Stat is a -29 in a game Toronto is only losing by 11. Huh.

Somebody on RealGM figured out he's actually having one of the best seasons for a 23 year old of all time. DAT PER. I ain't worried.

Flash

just looked at the box score, you guys catch the battle of the centers?

Bargnani with 3 rebounds and Lopez with 2. now that's impressive.

Flash said:
just looked at the box score, you guys catch the battle of the centers?

Bargnani with 3 rebounds and Lopez with 2. now that's impressive.

hah. I wonder if that's ever happened before with two opposing centers getting that many minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom