• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

twinturbo2 said:
Mods, go ahead and change my tag to "Miami Heat Apologist". I will wear it with pride.

How about we change it to "annoying twat" because you're in here wearing that with copious amounts of pride too.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
twinturbo2 said:
127618110033.jpg
At least this won't go cold in the 4th.

KingGondo

Banned
ssolitare said:
So does Perkins make the thunder better?
Assuming he's healthy, hell yes.

The biggest missing piece from our roster was a strong interior defensive presence, so that our other guys can play more honest perimeter D and get out on the fast break (where we excel). Considering he's probably the best pure interior defender in the league, I would say he'll make us much better.

Hell, we looked like a different team with Nazr Mohammed manning the inside, and Perk is way more imposing than him.

Jeff-DSA said:
Yeah, Raja is pretty horrible. Hayward needs to take his starter minutes.

I'm just tired of never seeing the Jazz get any home court advantage though. It's really old at this point. It always feels like we're the road team. Considering not bothering with season tickets next year unless significant moves are made by the team, and it would really help if the league could address some of its glaring issues as well.

It's so painful at the end of games when the Jazz are running the Hakeem/Dwight offense and Al kicks it back out to Bell following a double team and Bell misses the shot completely.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
It's so painful at the end of games when the Jazz are running the Hakeem/Dwight offense and Al kicks it back out to Bell following a double team and Bell misses the shot completely.

In the past few years we've been a little spoiled because Okur ALWAYS hits that shot. As doughy as he is on the interior, the dude turned into Robert Horry down the stretch of any tight game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bosh for Chris Paul (so the Heat have three players that will dominate the ball) before next trade deadline, and then the Hornets moving to Vancouver the year after.

Bosh just can't escape Canada.

Jeff-DSA said:
In the past few years we've been a little spoiled because Okur ALWAYS hits that shot. As doughy as he is on the interior, the dude turned into Robert Horry down the stretch of any tight game.

I don't think it's spoiled to expect shooters to hit shots in offensive sets where they're expected do absolutely nothing except spot up for a shot in case the defense doubles Al.

SUPREME1

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Just checked anyway, in the first and final game Fox had better numbers than Kobe. I still wasn't far out there, he only had one dominate game.

So much for your "truce" Imperial. Business as usual for you.

What the fuck are talking about? Seriously.

I didn't agree with you that Kobe was simply among the Laker pack [something you failed to prove by the way] and you take that as an attack?

You know what, it ain't even worth it to make peace with you. Fuck you. Kiss my ass.

Holla at DY when he gets back, I hear he likes neurotic bitches.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dIEHARD said:
http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/28/110228064224789122.gif[/IM[IMG]http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/28/110228064144409844.gif[/IM[IMG]http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/02/28/110228064218528528.gif[/IM[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/Bladerskb/unclutchjames.gif[/IM[IMG]http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/02/28/110228064222688129.gif[/IM[IMG]http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/03/04/110304062927733416.gif[/IM[/QUOTE]
Gee, if only somebody would have pointed out years ago that Lebron has terrible shot selection and tries to take terrible "dagger" threes and that he needed to work on that stupid stupid aspect of his game. If only anyone could have seen this coming!

reilo

Black Mamba said:
i posted this earlier.

2009: Mo Williams + Delonte West + Lebron + Varajeo/Ben Wallace + Big Z = 115 points per 100 possessions

2011: Chalmers + Dwyane Wade + Lebron + Chris Bosh + Big Z = 114 points per 100 possessions

Either we are to believe Wade + Bosh + Chalmers = Mo + West + Varajao/Wallace or Lebron is screwing up the new teammates. It's got to be one. I doubt any of us think the first is right.
Wait, you mean when I argued that Lebron made his teammates worse with the way he plays, I was right? Awesome.

Gigglepoo

giri said:
Wade > LBJ. If you want to win a ring. If all you want to do is win the regular season, get a LBJ.

Wade = Billups if you want to win a ring. Except Billups can actually shoot the ball.

reilo said:
Wait, you mean when I argued that Lebron made his teammates worse with the way he plays, I was right? Awesome.

If LeBron makes his teammates worse, how did he keep getting high seeds with the Cavs? And advancing deep in the playoffs?

And how come Wade kept getting low seeds and losing in the first round (if he was lucky)?

reilo

Raging Spaniard said:
uuuh, the last two shots of that LeBron gif are fine. One he pump fakes and shoots an open 3, the other one is a wide open 3 that he misses.

I mean, players miss over half their shots, you know. You guys bitch about everything.
The problem isn't that he missed. The problem is that Lebron shouldn't be the one taking fadeaway-off-balance crunch-time three-pointers.

Jeff-DSA

reilo said:
The problem isn't that he missed. The problem is that Lebron shouldn't be the one taking fadeaway-off-balance crunch-time three-pointers.

Yeah, you don't take that unless you're Ray Allen or Chris Bosh.

Jeff-DSA

Gigglepoo said:
The runner on the right side? I would have bitched to no end if that happened to me in NBA2K.

That was a 2, but it was ridiculous. I think it was the corner 3 he was wide open for after AK was fouled going up for a layup (no call, but no surprise since we're never the home team) and they ran it up court quickly while AK pouted.

KingGondo

Banned
Supposedly Durant is pain-free and is gonna try to go tonight.

Game-time decision, but I'm optimistic. We can definitely beat the Hawks without him, but I like our chances much more if he plays... seeing as how he's our only SF and all.

The Crimson Blur said:
There is a video named "Maloofs Making Mistake?" explaining everything wrong with moving to Anaheim to the right of the poll. Below the poll, there is an article further explaining why the move would be a bad idea.

Obviously those poll results are reliable.

As an Orange County resident, I would love to have the Kings here. I hate driving to LA to watch live NBA games. If you're not familiar with the shitty freeway structure here, driving to LA (well at least northbound) at anytime but 10pm-4am is such a hassle.
I'm sure ticket prices would be cheaper too, and I'm pretty sure I would frequent Kings games to see the Mavs/Thunder/Knicks/Heat/etc.
Basically, I'm too lazy to drive to LA to go to Clippers games and see the teams I want to see. Kings will make this easier for a lot of fans that can't go to LA to watch the Lakers/Clippers/etc.

etiolate

Banned
kevo_huevo said:
As an Orange County resident, I would love to have the Kings here. I hate driving to LA to watch live NBA games. If you're not familiar with the shitty freeway structure here, driving to LA (well at least northbound) at anytime but 10pm-4am is such a hassle.
I'm sure ticket prices would be cheaper too, and I'm pretty sure I would frequent Kings games to see the Mavs/Thunder/Knicks/Heat/etc.
Basically, I'm too lazy to drive to LA to go to Clippers games and see the teams I want to see. Kings will make this easier for a lot of fans that can't go to LA to watch the Lakers/Clippers/etc.

so they'd just be a tour stop

reilo

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the 2009 54-win Blazers was a better team than the 2011 Heat despite the better record for the Heat at similar points. Both teams have similar same flaws. No points in the paint, lackluster defense, jump-shooting oriented, bad PG rotation, and pretty one-dimensional.

However, that Blazers team only lost three games in a row once (no more, and that third loss was in double-OT on a back-to-back), were the youngest team in the league, had a much better coach, a true clutch-player, better bench and overcame deficits instead of losing them.

At the pace they're going, the Heat are going to finish with 2 or 3 more wins than that Blazers team in the much worse conference despite the huge talent discrepancy. But the fatal flaws are still there, and since they play in the East, the Heat will manage to have an easy path to the second round, but beyond that? I doubt it.

reilo said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the 2009 54-win Blazers was a better team than the 2011 Heat despite the better record for the Heat at similar points. Both teams have similar same flaws. No points in the paint, lackluster defense, jump-shooting oriented, bad PG rotation, and pretty one-dimensional.

However, that Blazers team only lost three games in a row once (no more, and that third loss was in double-OT on a back-to-back), were the youngest team in the league, had a much better coach, a true clutch-player, better bench and overcame deficits instead of losing them.

At the pace they're going, the Heat are going to finish with 2 or 3 more wins than that Blazers team in the much worse conference despite the huge talent discrepancy. But the fatal flaws are still there, and since they play in the East, the Heat will manage to have an easy path to the second round, but beyond that? I doubt it.

of course you would

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom