• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
weekend_warrior said:
GZSpd.jpg

JJ "little" Barea
thx chief,
i feel much better

reilo said:
Only thing better than the Mavs sweeping the Lakers would be the Kings sweeping them in a first round series next season.

Only thing Kings are gonna be sweeping next season is the floor at Arco to get it ready for the next tenant (maybe they can get an Arena Football team!)

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
jasonterry.gif @ artest zangief move and this entire series.

Vyer

PG+size messes up the Lakers' shit. I just didn't really realize that that would come in the form of JJ Barea + Haywood and Tyson Chandler.

Still, there's no way in hell I'm going to think both the Lakers and Celtics are done. Not yet.

I would say OKC has the best chance against Miami, they are athletic enough to have a chance on defense and have mismatches with Durant and Westbrook. Memphis has the size but wont be able to guard any of the 2.5 of Miami.

Edit: Westbrook would have to smarten the fuck up and another disadvantage OKC has is experience

Duki

Banned
anyone else really happy atm

sure the chicago bullshit won

but this should literally be an international holiday

Welp, I'm fucking surprised. I really didn't see the Lakers losing like this to the Mavs, but I'm sure almost everyone but Barkley thought the same. Lakers bench just isn't nearly as good as it used to be, and Pau is just kinda invisible out there. Has he played like this all year? He just seems really passive.

viakado said:
thx chief,
i feel much better

LOL love that avatar btw.

Jeff-DSA

In a 2 second span Artest probably earned himself a suspension and also kneed Odom in the balls. Pretty solid way to close the game.

So does anyone really think Artest would be suspended? That would be huge.

Man what a great defensive game by the Mavericks. Chandler, Dirk, and Heywood all guarded the paint so well. Also, nice to see refs just let the players play.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The worst part about that Ron-Ron hit was Shawn Marion standing there and not coming to Barea's defense.

woodchuck

SHUT THE FUCK UP

this series is still far from over. mavs lost the first 2 at home against the rockets in 05 and still won the series. still a lot of bball to be played.

lakers wont miss all those wide open 3s again or all those free throws. we need to play better D because that ain't happening again.

and we're still easily capable of coming out flat in game 3 and giving the lakers momentum again.

Cloudy

Banned
Where are the Fisher lovers now? And I don't want to hear anyone saying "what about Blake?" If he'd been allowed to play all year, he might have some confidence

SamuraiX- said:
Hey, Black Mamba.

Mind pulling up the Mavs' record at Staples Center again?

6-34 now!

yeah, i had that joke coming. sigh.

Lakers offense is broken right now. I know everyone is talking about Dallas and Dirk, but they only scored 93. It's not like they lit the Lakers up.

The Lakers had 3 quarters below 21 points. 3! So many missed open shots and FTs. I can't remember seeing them shoot that poorly in a playoff game as a team from 15+ feet.

edit: lakers shot 11/39 from 15+ feet. That's 28%...

dream

I'm just glad Phil's going to be exiting the league with his head down and his tail between his legs.

fucking relic

aznpxdd

woodchuck said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP

this series is still far from over. mavs lost the first 2 at home against the rockers in 05 and still won the series. still a lot of bball to be played.

lakers wont miss all those wide open 3s again or all those free throws. we need to play better D because that ain't happening again.

and we're still easily capable of coming out flat in game 3 and giving the lakers momentum again.

No way. Its over man, its over!

Bumblebeetuna said:
So does anyone really think Artest would be suspended? That would be huge.

Man what a great defensive game by the Mavericks. Chandler, Dirk, and Heywood all guarded the paint so well. Also, nice to see refs just let the players play.

Guarantee a 1 game suspension. NBA cracks down HARD on that stuff.

Straightballin said:
I would say OKC has the best chance against Miami, they are athletic enough to have a chance on defense and have mismatches with Durant and Westbrook. Memphis has the size but wont be able to guard any of the 2.5 of Miami.

Edit: Westbrook would have to smarten the fuck up and another disadvantage OKC has is experience

Honestly I think Dallas would give Miami troubles with Haywood and Tyson in the back court, that would stop at least some of Miamis penetration. Also Dirk will be able to do whatever he wants against Miami.

I'm just saying, trade out 29 year old Gasol for 29 year Duncan on this current Laker's squad, and Timmy would be putting up 30 points, 15 boards, 4-5 blocks, and at least 3 assists a game against this Mavs squad.

clav

dream said:
I'm just glad Phil's going to be exiting the league with his head down and his tail between his legs.

fucking relic
I think he wanted to leave earlier since he felt the talent was already diminishing.

He only coaches the prime eras.

dream

Don't let the Celtics' terrible offense trick you into thinking Miami is playing Thibodeau defense. They are not. K-Dur and Dirk would score at will against them.

Loving my cousins on FB commiting status suicides. The mood in SoCal must be fucking down as fuck

Edit: Case in point:
feel free to come over my house & burn every Lakers stuff i own. i just dont care anymore :(
HAHAHA

smurfx

get some go again
man i'm really hoping for some humiliating games for the lakers in dallas. i'm talking about 20 point loses.

Duki

Banned
woodchuck said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP

this series is still far from over. mavs lost the first 2 at home against the rockets in 05 and still won the series. still a lot of bball to be played.

tbf you played like dogshit yourselves

and won by over 10

literally gotta have a bit of faith

though why you would i have no idea lmao mavs

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
obijkenobi said:
I'm just saying, trade out 29 year old Gasol for 29 year Duncan on this current Laker's squad, and Timmy would be putting up 30 points, 15 boards, 4-5 blocks, and at least 3 assists a game against this Mavs squad.
Gasol is about to turn 31, but yeah.

Cloudy said:
Where are the Fisher lovers now? And I don't want to hear anyone saying "what about Blake?" If he'd been allowed to play all year, he might have some confidence
you shut the fuck up.
fisher was the least problematic.

Cloudy said:

???

Lamar 3/12. Ron 1/4 3. Blake 0/5. Barnes 0/2. Pau 5/12 (3/6 FT)

Why blame Fisher? No one but Drew and Kobe could score on offense. not just fish.

And Blake is a pro. missing wide open 3s all game is not excusable and neither was his defense.

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP

this series is still far from over. mavs lost the first 2 at home against the rockers in 05 and still won the series. still a lot of bball to be played.

Exactly! I felt the same way after Game 1, and still feel the same! Mavs' fans know to be cautious here. Champs + Playoff Chokers = Cautiously Optimistic! This series isn't over until Cuban is humping JJ in celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom