• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
Zach Randolph versus Thunder this year in 4 games:

26.5PPG, 13RPG, 2.3APG, 58FG%, 50 3PT%, 80FT%

Memphis is 3-1 versus Thunder, fyi.
I don't think he'll come close to averaging those numbers this series. We'll see.

SamuraiX-

Forceatowulf said:
Hopefully The Grizz take this one. It will all but ensure a 7 game series in my opinion.

I hope they both beat the ever loving shit out of each other in this series too. If Durant and Westbrook average more than 40+ minutes a game I will be a happy, happy man.

Why wouldn't you rather play them when they're at their best so you can actually prove you're better than them?

reilo said:
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Just remember that Jeff Green was guarding him for 3 out of the 4 games he put up those numbers.

Ibaka isn't that good of a man-to-man defender though, so I still say Z-Bo get's his.

dream

All I'm saying is if you're not from OKC and you're not rooting for Memphis, you are not a decent human being.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
LovingSteam said:
Ugh bring back NBA on NBC. Hate this hipster intro crap.
That word...

inconceivable.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Gigglepoo said:
Memphis vs. Oklahoma City just sounds really weird. My twenty-year-old self would be baffled.
Seriously. If you told me in 1996 that neither Seattle nor Vancouver would have teams in 15 years, I'd call you crazy. Especially if you said they moved to tiny markets.

SamuraiX-

Conley's way too small.

I think they'll eventually have to put Tony Allen on Westbrook and Conley on Thabo/Harden.

Z-Bo is so good.

Gigglepoo

Rodeo Clown said:
Seriously. If you told me in 1996 that neither Seattle nor Vancouver would have teams in 15 years, I'd call you crazy. Especially if you said they moved to tiny markets.

The worst part is that Seattle vs. Vancouver would be awesome. At least one Pacific Northwest team would be successful.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Marc + ZBo are better than the Ibaka + Perkins combo, but if Durant gets hot it can easily be more meaningful. Its going to be an interesting series.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
cuevas said:
I don't think he'll come close to averaging those numbers this series. We'll see.
7 points in four minutes and counting.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its gonna be tough for OKC pretty tough when both the Grizz big men can shoot from the elbow, play in the post and play tough.

Gigglepoo

From a basketball standpoint, this is going to be a fantastic series. I just don't really care about either team.

EDIT - A way better outro song than that Black Dog crap!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
SamuraiX- said:
Why wouldn't you rather play them when they're at their best so you can actually prove you're better than them?
I would love nothing more than for both teams to be at full strength and rested, but the fact of the matter is they're younger and healthier than we are right now.

The last thing we need is them running around like a bunch of 7 year olds jacked up on a bag of sugar after two rounds. We're too old for that bullshit.

Omiee

Gigglepoo said:
From a basketball standpoint, this is going to be a fantastic series. I just don't really care about either team.

yeah me neither, i love to watch durant play, and i would love for the underdog to go through.
i mean when was the last time a 8th seed went to the conference finals.

Raging Spaniard

Its a good story whoever wins though.

Grizz win and its Gasol vs. Gasol and the trade from 3 years ago becomes that much more relevant.

OKC wins and its revenge for last year, changing of the guard maybe.

Forceatowulf said:
I would love nothing more than for both teams to be at full strength and rested, but the fact of the matter is they're younger and healthier than we are right now.

The last thing we need is them running around like a bunch of 7 year olds jacked up on a bag of sugar after two rounds. We're too old for that bullshit.
Hahaha so true. We are the retired grandparents asked to keep up with them. Hell no.

Cloudy

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Its gonna be tough for OKC pretty tough when both the Grizz big men can shoot from the elbow, play in the post and play tough.

It'll be tough for Memphis when OKC shoots 35fts a game...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Omiee said:
yeah me neither, i love to watch durant play, and i would love for the underdog to go through.
i mean when was the last time a 8th seed went to the conference finals.
The 99 Knicks. If you recognize the lockout year and Larry Johnson's bogus 4 point play.

jjasper

SamuraiX- said:
Conley's way too small.

I think they'll eventually have to put Tony Allen on Westbrook and Conley on Thabo/Harden.

Z-Bo is so good.

Allen/Battier will be on Durant at all time. Only time they will ever switch is when Durant is out.

SamuraiX-

jjasper said:
Allen/Battier will be on Durant at all time. Only time they will ever switch is when Durant is out.

Looks to me like you got Sam Young guarding Durant right now. While Battier is on the court.

Stupid move.

Put Battier on Durant. Young on Westbrook. Conley on Sef.

jjasper

Ha right when I say that we switch Young on him. Retarded.

SamuraiX- said:
Looks to me like you got Sam Young guarding Durant right now. While Battier is on the court.

Stupid move.

Put Battier on Durant. Young on Westbrook. Conley on Sef.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom