• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ryutaro's mama said:
Fast Five was fucking sick.

MAKE SURE YOU STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS.

Needed to tell my NBA-Age bretheren.
Yeah, good thing I knew about that before. The entire last like 30 minutes are just phenomenal.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
KingGondo said:
I'm back after a 2-3 day hiatus for a move from Norman to OKC, congrats to the Grizz on a nice series win over the Spurs.

Somewhat nervous for the series, but we match up far better against Memphis than we used to. Having home-court is huge too, and I think the Basketball Gods want the Lakers-Thunder rivalry to continue to develop. Ibaka and Perk (with Collison and Mohammed backing them up) is much better than Green and Krstic inside. Plus our bench is quite a bit stronger than Memphis', we're gonna get a huge series out of Maynor IMO.

Thunder in 5
Lakers in 5

Bulls in 4
Rottweiler Czzzz in 6

Laker Thunder rivalry??? lol loooooooooooool

The Stealth Fox

The Thunder are awful. Perfect example of why the West is starting to suck.

I don't ever want to see Shamebrook in another playoff game.

Prime Roy > Prime Durant

linsivvi

The Stealth Fox said:
The Thunder are awful. Perfect example of why the West is starting to suck.

I don't ever want to see Shamebrook in another playoff game.

Prime Roy > Prime Durant

Prime Aaron Brooks > Prime Westbrook.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
KingGondo said:
It's not a rivalry *yet*, but meeting in a good series in the Western Conference Finals would push it in that direction.

U mad. :p

Rivalries require time and history... Not a stolen team and a couple of playoff runs

Owzers

If Memphis comes out shooting a ton of jump shots to start the quarter their coach should walk on the floor and punch everyone on the arm.

Also, is Shaq playing today? I miss my second favorite player in the NBA especially since Grant Hill is basically done on the Suns, Grant needs to go into pre-retirement mercenary mode.

ryutaro's mama said:
Fast Five was fucking sick.

MAKE SURE YOU STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS.

Needed to tell my NBA-Age bretheren.

Needs to be quoted once again. I'm HONGRY for...

gal_gadot_yellow.jpg

Mmm...

linsivvi

LovingSteam said:
Supposedly Houston sent a request to meet with Brian Shaw. To that I say keep your grubby hands off, He's OURS.

Isn't Rudy T still scouting for the Lakers? Let's give him back.

The Stealth Fox said:
JVG didn't have the personnel outside of T-Mac and Yao. If JVG got Scola and Healthy Yao/T-mac... OMG

I want him back, but we can't win too many games...

Without the expectation to win, he can just teach the young players how to play without the stress.

Rodeo Clown

Adam Blade said:
Needs to be quoted once again. I'm HONGRY for...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/peccavi/gal_gadot_yellow.jpg[IMG]

Mmm...[/QUOTE]
Exactly. What's not to like about it? They could keep making these movies for the next 10 years and I'd keep going to see them. Hot women, ridiculous action, cars. They're all amazing. Well, 2 Fast isn't quite so amazing, but still.

The Stealth Fox said:
JVG didn't have the personnel outside of T-Mac and Yao. If JVG got Scola and Healthy Yao/T-mac... OMG

I want him back, but we can't win too many games...
Must suck to root for a franchise whose only thing to be excitedfor is the hiring of a new coach.

alr1ghtstart said:
They're using the "white out" aka "hide the empty seats" in Miami again today.
Its a weekday man, people at wor... Oh wait, its a Sunday... Oh yea, people at churc... Oh wait, church is over. Oh yea, its football seaso... Oh wait it isn't. Oh yea Fast Five is out.

linsivvi

LovingSteam said:
Its a weekday man, people at wor... Oh wait, its a Sunday... Oh yea, people at churc... Oh wait, church is over. Oh yea, its football seaso... Oh wait it isn't. Oh yea Fast Five is out.

All those beautiful and rich people are at the beautiful beach or having hang over from the previous night's parties in those fabulous clubs of Miami.

The Stealth Fox

linsivvi said:
All those beautiful and rich people are at the beautiful beach or having hang over from the previous night's parties in those fabulous clubs of Miami.
South Beach is an overrated piece of trash location. Coral Gables is way nicer.

diehard

Fleer
Rodeo Clown said:
Exactly. What's not to like about it? They could keep making these movies for the next 10 years and I'd keep going to see them. Hot women, ridiculous action, cars. They're all amazing. Well, 2 Fast isn't quite so amazing, but still.
I'll never forgive the travesty of taking a '67 mustang and putting a straight 6 in it from "Tokyo drift".

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dIEHARD said:
I'll never forgive the travesty of taking a '67 mustang and putting a straight 6 in it from "Tokyo drift".
Wasn't that GTR engine they put in it?

alr1ghtstart said:
They're using the "white out" aka "hide the empty seats" in Miami again today.

It would be balmost hard to believe based on the hype this series has been getting but then again we are talking about Heat fans here.

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
Wasn't that GTR engine they put in it?
It was, it and it is a very nice engine. But taking what was possibly a 428 super cobra jet and replacing it with a 2.6L engine is just wrong.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Hopefully The Grizz take this one. It will all but ensure a 7 game series in my opinion.

I hope they both beat the ever loving shit out of each other in this series too. If Durant and Westbrook average more than 40+ minutes a game I will be a happy, happy man.

sillymonkey321 said:
Also, is Shaq playing today? I miss my second favorite player in the NBA especially since Grant Hill is basically done on the Suns, Grant needs to go into pre-retirement mercenary mode.

I hope he is. I have been checking ESPN.com hoping for some update all weekend. Probably won't know until game time or shortly before.

Rodeo Clown

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Houston Rockets have requested permission to speak to Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw about their head coaching vacancy.

Team rules restrict Lakers coaches from interviewing for another job while a playoff series is being played so Shaw will have to interview with the Rockets either Saturday or Sunday, or after the Lakers' second-round series with the Dallas Mavericks is concluded.
Kurt Rambis future, LA. Embrace it.

Truphenom

Sore back, feet hurt, and shin splits. Feel like crap but it was worth it to actually play ball outside. Hope this first game is good. Anyone think Zbo beasts like he did against the Spurs?

Truphenom said:
Sore back, feet hurt, and shin splits. Feel like crap but it was worth it to actually play ball outside. Hope this first game is good. Anyone think Zbo beasts like he did against the Spurs?
Nope.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
cuevas said:
Zach Randolph versus Thunder this year in 4 games:

26.5PPG, 13RPG, 2.3APG, 58FG%, 50 3PT%, 80FT%

Memphis is 3-1 versus Thunder, fyi.

Truphenom said:

Amare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom