• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duki said:
shit how you been franky

havent seen you post in a while :(
I was relegated to the offseason thread. Some of the bandwagoner Knick fans started driving me bonkers, had to take a sabbatical. I'll be back full-time for my special brand of unbiased, non-trollworthy, hard-hitting posts tomorrow!

You doing ok man? I was going to post during the Spurs game but it got ridiculous, man. It was too much.

Duki

Banned
all good here brother

yeah thread always goes to hell around the playoffs, just as the actual basketball is getting more and more fun

but ye masuds awol, char went off the deep end somewhere around the third quarter of game 2 and now youre taking a sabbatical :(

sad sad times for knicks age qq

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm just enjoying my Red Bulls soccer and waiting for the start of the second round.

Oh, and Gears 3 Beta. Sogood.gif

soundscream is around at least. Truphenom ... I dunno what is deal is. DCX (like Judderman) will be here for the 2nd round, but Fatlah is still pretty broken up over Mozgov/is busy with the Johnnies. Captmcblack is similarly hurting; Knicks-GAF really is going to be all over this offseason. It's like most of us lost our focus once Knicks got Carmelo.

The Frankman said:
soundscream is around at least. Truphenom ... I dunno what is deal is. DCX (like Judderman) will be here for the 2nd round, but Fatlah is still pretty broken up over Mozgov/is busy with the Johnnies. Captmcblack is similarly hurting; Knicks-GAF really is going to be all over this offseason. It's like most of us lost our focus once Knicks got Carmelo.

Do you think the Knicks should go after Marc Gasol this off season or hold off on any big contract signings until 2012?

Duki

Banned
xxxstylzxxx said:
Do you think the Knicks should go after Marc Gasol this off season or hold off on any big contract signings until 2012?
cant pay gasol without trading billups, and billups will be worth more trade deadline/end of next season because hes gonna be a massive expiring

linsivvi

diddles said:
figures a lakers fan would do as kobe did, calling me a homophobic slur to discredit my call. at least you tried to be subtle about it.

So Chris Bosh is now a homophobic slur.

I advise everybody to exercise caution in the future. Avoid mentioning him or quoting his likeness if possible. We don't want to see anyone banned, do we?

You freaking Chris Bosh.

SamuraiX-

Cloudy said:

Amazing.

Duncan Expected Grizzlies To Fold Under Pressure

RealGM said:
Memphis center Marc Gasol had the height, weight and strength advantage over the 35-year-old Tim Duncan.

For the series, Gasol averaged 14.2 points and 11.8 rebounds to Duncan’s 12.6 and 10.5.

“We kept thinking they’d fold under the pressure, but they didn’t,” Duncan said. “They got the exact shots they needed, and they made them. We had so many close games, some that could have fallen to us, but they made the plays.”

In the end, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said this wasn’t as big as upset as the average basketball fan might be led to believe.

“Most people would think that, but they don’t understand the West,” Popovich said. “It doesn’t matter what your seeding is in the West. We all know that everyone is basically as good as everyone else.”

Really Pop? How does that work if you guys expected the Grizzlies to fold under pressure but not your team as well if everyone is pretty much equal in the West?

The damage control is delicious.

SECOND ROUND STARTING!
263hrn4.gif

Branduil

Pop: We never really wanted to get to the second round anyway. It probably would have sucked, and been boring. Yeah, that's the ticket.

overcast

Alright I'll put my picks in.
West:
Thunder vs. Grizzlies -Thunder in 6
Lakers vs. Mavs -Lakers in 6

East:
Heat vs. Celtics -Heat in 7
Bulls vs. Hawks -Bulls in 5

The only series that looks boring as hell is the Bulls series. Not interested in that one at all. The other 3 look to be fun as hell to watch. I want to see how the Mavs do against the Lakers, could get ugly if they don't man up. Heat series will be a blast because of this thread.

masud

Banned
Sadaiyappan said:
Heat in 5.
lebron-dancing-2-o.gif

Werd.

Duki said:
but ye masuds awol, char went off the deep end somewhere around the third quarter of game 2 and now youre taking a sabbatical :(

sad sad times for knicks age qq
I've been around, I just post at weird hours lol.

DCX

DCX
The Frankman said:
I'm here. Had to support my Falcons in the NFL Age thread. Today begins , in what i would like to describe as lolapooza. Old Men VS Divas..whoever wins, we lose.

I don't really Marc Gasol, i rather have Jordan on this team. He would bring more defensively. God know we don't have enough touches as it is to be bring in another player that is skilled offensively and would take shots away from Melo and Stat.

DCX

Grizzlies in 5 if the series is officiated fairly, which it wont be. Westbrook will shut himself down and Kevin Alston will shoot 37% from the field while averaging 15 FTA per game.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm back after a 2-3 day hiatus for a move from Norman to OKC, congrats to the Grizz on a nice series win over the Spurs.

Somewhat nervous for the series, but we match up far better against Memphis than we used to. Having home-court is huge too, and I think the Basketball Gods want the Lakers-Thunder rivalry to continue to develop. Ibaka and Perk (with Collison and Mohammed backing them up) is much better than Green and Krstic inside. Plus our bench is quite a bit stronger than Memphis', we're gonna get a huge series out of Maynor IMO.

Thunder in 5
Lakers in 5

Bulls in 4
Rottweiler Czzzz in 6

jjasper

I really don't understand why we had to get saddled with such a short turnover for this game why not play Lakers/Mavs or Hawks/Bulls.

Mest30

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Ugh finally some basketball games. Seems like it's been forever.

Time to get the epic food combination of Dr Pepper and guacamole to celebrate.

edit: oh and apparently there will be a major announcement from the Bulls at 3:30 CST. Ditching Boozer? A man can dream.

Probably Rose accepting his MVP award.

http://twitter.com/#!/chicagobulls/status/64677528782118912

Dammit. Came here to post this but beaten. I hope they give him the award tomorrow because I'll be at the game.

KingGondo said:
I'm back after a 2-3 day hiatus for a move from Norman to OKC, congrats to the Grizz on a nice series win over the Spurs.

Somewhat nervous for the series, but we match up far better against Memphis than we used to. Having home-court is huge too, and I think the Basketball Gods want the Lakers-Thunder rivalry to continue to develop. Ibaka and Perk (with Collison and Mohammed backing them up) is much better than Green and Krstic inside. Plus our bench is quite a bit stronger than Memphis', we're gonna get a huge series out of Maynor IMO.

Thunder in 5
Lakers in 5

Bulls in 4
Rottweiler Czzzz in 6

It's not a rivalry if your best player gets shut down by fat Ron Artest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom