• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Bleh

Honestly? I think I'm more sad that I probably wont get to see my Lakers for another year or so. And not having Phil on the bench yelling at motherfuckers and looking bewildered by our stupidity will be sorely missed. Like Kobe said, it's just going to be weird again...

I already kind of miss Phil. =/

white dynamite said:
The reporter was Scoops Callahan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPuK0iMueo

I'll go back to lurking now.
Thanks for posting this dude. Brought the lulz and I definitely needed it.

Darkman M

giri said:
Mightn't write essays but you sound just as butt hurt.

Not at all i was content with the Lakers losing this series after game 2...

Shadow780 said:
You're proving him right by taking it personal.

Personal? Find a post where i got personl? You didn't see it from me.

Cloudy

Banned
claviertekky said:
Way to end the Phil Jackson era.

Fans last year wanted him again, and yep, this is what you Lakers fans get.

When a coach wants to leave, he has his reasons.

I'm glad he stayed to see the consequences of chasing out Farmar for Fisher. If we'd lost w/o him, it'd be all about how Kobe can't win w/o Phil lol

Tom Penny

Kobe is a disgrace. A top ten player in the league dropping 17 2 games in a row that were both basically elimination games. I didn't think something like that was possible for him. He did chip in an assist and 5 turnovers today.

MikeTyson

Banned
GaryPayton_20

Laker fans u will have a whole new team and coach next year something was wrong and I think it was between the players
less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for Android

SamuraiX-

33kr7rk.gif
nbdbbl.gif

Mavs need to get a ring this season.

Dirk, JT, Kidd, Marion... all those guys deserve at least one.

thekad

Banned
Darkman M said:
Not at all i was content with the Lakers losing this series after game 2...

Personal? Find a post where i got personl? You didn't see it from me.

you're so salty :lol welcome to the old kobe era

giri

charsace said:
I can see the lakers trading:

Artest
Bynum
Gasol
Odom

for

Arenas
Turk
Dwight

Its a long shot, but wouldn't surprise me.
Would surprise me. I don't think otis trades Dwight until he sees the new CBA.

SamuraiX-

The Frankman said:
did Terry just say the Lakers bench is "up there" as one of the best benches in basketball??

HE TROLLING HARD.

He's actually right though.

They probably have a Top 5, at least Top 10 bench in the NBA this season.

charsace

Darkman M said:
fuck that
Magic aren't going to just give you Dwight. One of the teams will end up rebuilding. If it isn't going to be the Lakers then it will be the magic, but they can't if they are still playing turk and arenas. You don't just get a guy like Dwight for free.

Duki

Banned
dwights getting franchise tagged as fuck guys

theres no way he gets traded unless magic are total morons

lakers fans on fumes

Blackface

Banned
If you are trading Dwight, it's to blow up the team. You aren't going to be better without him unless you get someone equally as skilled. Unfortunately, at his position, there is nobody close in the NBA.

Otis isn't going to trade for a bunch of old guys, or just for a scrub like Bynum. He is going to want picks, and young up and coming talent.

Branduil

Well you can't win every year. But the thing about the Lakers is they win even when they lose. Dwight is coming here next year, book it.

I don't buy any of the Pau/teammate/GF drama people are trying to create. Pau's been playing this way for the better part of the regular season. He just didn't look right, either fatigued or had some injury he didn't tell anyone about, or he just is past his prime. Next season will be really telling for Pau. Make or break. But make no mistake hes not getting traded.

SamuraiX- said:
He's actually right though.

They probably have a Top 5, at least Top 10 bench in the NBA this season.
After this series it's hard to say that with a straight face...

EDIT: BRANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL

Duki

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
I don't buy any of the Pau/teammate/GF drama people are trying to create. Pau's been playing this way for the better part of the regular season. He just didn't look right, either fatigued or had some injury he didn't tell anyone about, or he just is past his prime. Next season will be really telling for Pau. Make or break. But make no mistake hes not getting traded.
pau looked like he had mono or something

Darkman M

Duki said:
dwights getting franchise tagged as fuck guys

theres no way he gets traded unless magic are total morons

lakers fans on fumes

These are just pipe dreams Ninja and I like to play sometimes, Lakers getting Dwight is a long shot let us have our fun.

SamuraiX-

Branduil said:
Well you can't win every year. But the thing about the Lakers is they win even when they lose. Dwight is coming here next year, book it.

You are so still getting my vote for Troll of the Year.

GOT
DAYUM

Shadow780

Branduil said:

Lakers are done, get over it.

I'm behind Dirk now.

:p

Blackface said:
If you are trading Dwight, it's to blow up the team. You aren't going to be better without him unless you get someone equally as skilled. Unfortunately, at his position, there is nobody close in the NBA.

Otis isn't going to trade for a bunch of old guys, or just for a scrub like Bynum. He is going to want picks, and young up and coming talent.
Otis gave Rashard Lewis $120 million and traded for Vince and Gil...do you think HE thinks Bynum is a scrub? He's a horrible GM, would it be a stretch that if he thought he was losing Dwight, he might think he could swap him for Drew and maybe get a couple more playoff runs out of this expensive roster in Orlando before having to blow things up and lose his job?

Blackface

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Otis gave Rashard Lewis $120 million and traded for Vince and Gil...do you think HE thinks Bynum is a scrub? He's a horrible GM, would it be a stretch that if he thought he was losing Dwight, he might think he could swap him for Drew and maybe get a couple more playoff runs out of this expensive roster in Orlando before having to blow things up and lose his job?

You sold me after the first sentence.

Derwind

Branduil said:

WTF are you trying to do dude? You already jinxed their series, are you looking to fuck up their off season trades as well?

You sicken me....

shakehead.gif

thekad

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

Huh? Pau was a top 15 player this season until the entire Lakers team went to shit near the end.

charsace

Ninja Scooter said:
I don't think Otis can be that fucking dumb. He has to realize that if he's forced to trade howard then Arenas and Turk have to packaged with him. Dwight has the most value in the league imo. Someone would have to eat shit (Turk and Arenas) if they wanted Howard and I was GM.

Denver showed that you can still hold out to the trade deadline and maximize value. Why are people assuming that Dwight is getting traded this summer?

Ok, ok.

First off, congrats to Mavs-Age (Brandy, you can come back now). It wasn't a fluke, you guys got us. We didn't come to play this series and the Mavs were the better team.

Now, having said all that, good luck as well going forward to

Grizz-Age (bgassassin, jjasper)
Thunder-Age (KingGondo, TylerD)

Czzz-Age (sanjuro,frisky,tom penny, and maybe dream)
Heat-Age (Cerrius and Pheeknicks)
Bulls-Age (SephCast, TheGreatMightyPoo)

I honestly don't care or have an opinion who takes it at this point.

I wish you all equal luck.

Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

P.S. Yes, the Bynum foul was dirty. I would never defend that kind of behavior.

THRILLH0

Banned
Has anyone pointed out that Barea threw the first elbow on that play?

Bynum was completely out of order and should receive a lengthy suspension but Barea's an asshole too.

Blackface

Banned
Pkaz01 said:
All this dwight to LA talk reminds me of the Knicks. Congrats Lakers you've stooped to a new low.

Huh? This is Laker tradition. Here is how it goes for the Lakers

1. Steal a HOF player from another team
2. Draft a HOF player

Win for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom