• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

so I know I never posted much on nba gaf this year, but the last week has been a ton of fun. it made watching the lakers lose bearable since everytime something shitty happened, this thread provided some laughs. thanks guys for making the loss easier :)

Owzers

I'm with Cwebb on the Bynum outrage, i hope they make an example out of him. I want to watch good basketball matches, not the losing team trying to hurt a player that's moving on.

sillymonkey321 said:
I'm with Cwebb on the Bynum outrage, i hope they make an example out of him. I want to watch good basketball matches, not the losing team trying to hurt a player that's moving on.

The Lakers might suspend Bynum all the way to Orlando.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ryutaro's mama said:
Ok, ok.

First off, congrats to Mavs-Age (Brandy, you can come back now). It wasn't a fluke, you guys got us. We didn't come to play this series and the Mavs were the better team.

Now, having said all that, good luck as well going forward to

Grizz-Age (bgassassin, jjasper)
Thunder-Age (KingGondo, TylerD)

Czzz-Age (sanjuro,frisky,tom penny, and maybe dream)
Heat-Age (Cerrius and Pheeknicks)
Bulls-Age (SephCast, TheGreatMightyPoo)

I honestly don't care or have an opinion who takes it at this point.

I wish you all equal luck.

Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

P.S. Yes, the Bynum foul was dirty. I would never defend that kind of behavior.

You guys had a good run. Something was clearly wrong behind the scenes. I look forward to the Laker reconstruction.

Tweets

ESPN's Bill Simmons (@sportsguy33)
Wow! I never thought the gutless walkout of the '91 Pistons would be topped but it's happening!

Detroit Free Press' Michael Rosenberg (@Rosenberg_Mike)
At what point do the Lakers just break a chair over Nowitzki's head?

Houston Chronicle's Richard Justice (@richardjustice)
Take notes, Mitch Kupchak. Take plenty of notes. Remember how Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom quit on you, then embarrassed the franchise.​

Reading the Twitter stream, it seems like Laker fans are so upset by the cheap shots that Pau's job might be safe now. Bynum actually bailed him out in a way.

How are the Lakers going to get rid of Bynum though if he's suspended for 25 games next season?

pilonv1

Enron said:
357j6ll.gif

100000000000000000/10

SamuraiX-

Pristine_Condition said:
Tweets

ESPN's Bill Simmons (@sportsguy33)
Wow! I never thought the gutless walkout of the '91 Pistons would be topped but it's happening!

Detroit Free Press' Michael Rosenberg (@Rosenberg_Mike)
At what point do the Lakers just break a chair over Nowitzki's head?

Houston Chronicle's Richard Justice (@richardjustice)
Take notes, Mitch Kupchak. Take plenty of notes. Remember how Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom quit on you, then embarrassed the franchise.​

Reading the Twitter stream, it seems like Laker fans are so upset by the cheap shots that Pau's job might be safe now. Bynum actually bailed him out in a way.

How are the Lakers going to get rid of Bynum though if he's suspended for 25 games next season?

I love this post. hah

Hi-Def said:
I really thought the Lakers were going to turn on the switch :(

Most logical Laker fans knew that when it took them 6 games to beat the Hornets, they weren't gonna win the championship this year.

I didn't know they'd be swept (or even lose this round) but I knew they were in big trouble going forward.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I still can't believe some Laker fans feel this series loss was their most devastating. I can't even express in words how hot I was after the 03, 04, 06, 08 games. This one hurt too, but it was a guppy in comparison to those.

03 - End of a beautiful era that will be remembered forever in sports history. Fish sobbing on the bench was just soul crushing to watch.

04 - The expectations were through the fucking ROOF that year. Everyone locked that shit up for the Lakers. There was also no doubt in my mind that we would win one that year. None. Then we got our shit pushed in by Detroit. Not to mention the feuding in the locker-room had finally reached it's climax, basically leaving us in no mans land at the drop of a fucking hat after being perennial contenders for so long.

06 - We were up 3-1 in this series with Kobe stylin' on motherfuckers despite the human garbage he was surrounded by. We only need ONE MORE GAME and that was it. Not two, not three, not four. Fucking ONE. And we not only blew it but Kobe was extremely uncharacteristic in the final game.

08 - Kobe finally got his shot at proving the doubters wrong, in that he can in fact lead a team to the finals and win it all, he just needed a little more help. Every Laker fan already knew it, but we never had an opportunity to prove it until then. Well, we got everything we asked for and we still got fucking stomped on in legendary fashion.

That shit above CUT FUCKING DEEP! I'm already feeling better about this one as the hours go by. I'll most likely be over it by Tuesday completely. It just isn't close.

And I still haven't completely gotten over the 04 series in particular. I had moved to Michigan a year prior to the start of that one. Imagine moving to a new state, being a Lakers fan, having to watch your team get shat on by the home state team, whilst attending High-School at this time. I wont go into any details.. but it wasn't pretty. It was not pretty.

Forceatowulf said:
I still can't believe some Laker fans feel this series loss was their most devastating. I can't even express in words how hot I was after the 03, 04, 06, 08 games. This one hurt too, but it was a guppy in comparison to those.

03 - End of a beautiful era that will be remembered forever in sports history. Fish sobbing on the bench was just soul crushing to watch.

04 - The expectations were through the fucking ROOF that year. Everyone locked that shit up for the Lakers. There was also no doubt in my mind that we would win one that year. None. Then we got our shit pushed in by Detroit. Not to mention the feuding in the locker-room had finally reached it's climax, basically leaving us in no mans land at the drop of a fucking hat after being perennial contenders for so long.

06 - We were up 3-1 in this series with Kobe stylin' on motherfuckers despite the human garbage he was surrounded by. We only need ONE MORE GAME and that was it. Not two, not three, not four. Fucking ONE. And we not only blew it but Kobe was extremely uncharacteristic in the final game.

08 - Kobe finally got his shot at proving the doubters wrong, in that he can in fact lead a team to the finals and win it all, he just needed a little more help. Every Laker fan already knew it, but we never had an opportunity to prove it until then. Well, we got everything we asked for and we still got fucking stomped on in legendary fashion.

That shit above CUT FUCKING DEEP! I'm already feeling better about this one as the hours go by. I'll most likely be over it by Tuesday completely. It just isn't close.

And I still haven't completely gotten over the 04 series in particular. I had moved to Michigan a year prior to the start of that one. Imagine moving to a new state, being a Lakers fan, having to watch your team get shat on by the home state team, whilst attending High-School at this time. I wont go into any details.. but it wasn't pretty. It was not pretty.
Yup. 2008 HURT. BAD. 2004 Hurt bad. This? Lol. A lot oflaughs.

Forceatowulf said:

You know why this one hurt less?

1) when they went down 0-3, we all knew it was inevitable and just a matter of when. We actually knew at 0-2 if we're all being honest. All the real mourning had already happened before the ball tipped today.

2) they just chipped the 2 previous years

Dude, ALL THE FINALS SCENARIOS HURT.

All of them.

SamuraiX-

Darkman M said:
Hopefully stern dosent make an example out of Bynum and give him a ridiclously long suspension, he is our best trade bait.

I'm sorry, but no, hopefully he does.

This is the third time in the past three or four seasons that he's done this and it's just fucking deplorable.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I can't give Boozer as much shit anymore. He has torn ligaments in that toe. He has actually looked decent the last 2 games, though.

Zep

Banned
I think a 5gm suspension for Sammy is fair. If it were the regular season it would probably be two at the max. Just because this was a closeout playoff game they''ll come down harder.

the lakers were fortunate to even be considered a serious contender this year. they dont have a very good team top to bottom. people can blame pau or whoever and say "well if he was giving us his usual numbers we win!" uh, ok? isn't that every series ever? if ray allen gives the celtics his usual numbers in the last finals it doesn't even get to game 7, if the kings make an extra FT in 2002 the lakers dont even get to the finals, and on and on and on.

lakers got beat by a better team, nothing more. the lakers are no longer a top team in the league. they had a nice run after the all star break which gave the illusion that they would be able to compete for a finals but in reality they are too old and too thin on the bench to ever be considered a true contender. they will likely be in rebuilding mode for a while because you really don't have much to be excited about on the roster at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom