• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

If the Hawks can make through this quarter without giving up the lead, they will be fired up for the 3rd quarter. They need to stop sitting on their laurels.

Puddles said:
A #1 seed, but it was NFL style and they had a first-round bye.

Japan was a decent bottom seed though, winning Game 1 on the road.

I don't remember the US being seeded that high, but ok.

England was a 3 seed and Italy a 5?

So iirc, Poland lost their play in game?

dream

AShep said:
That shit goes both ways. "Derp MVP Rose 0/7"

Well, it's game 1...

Yeah, but Rose has sucked throughout the entire postseason. It's not like this has been a rare bad performance from him.

THRILLH0

Banned
dream said:
Yeah, but Rose has sucked throughout the entire postseason. It's not like this has been a rare bad performance from him.

Lol Rose has averaged 27/4/6 with 2.6 steals. Sure his FG% has been awful but that'll pick up. Either way you're a moron if you call that "sucking".

But perhaps I shouldn't argue, you're the expert on PG's shitting the bed in game 1's after all.

dream

AShep said:
Lol Rose has averaged 27/4/6 with 2.6 steals. Sure his FG% has been awful but that'll pick up. Either way you're a moron if you call that "sucking".

Yep. It's good to get MVP calls.

J2 Cool

dream said:

Not really, his poor performance was overstated. He won game 1 for them, game 2 he put up a 36/6/8 and had a big part in winning that one. His bad games were later in the series, and his ankle also contributed to one of them. Not MVP form, but 4-1 was the bottom line.

I'd say Rondo's game 1 egg was as bad and significant as any of Rose's poor performances.

dream

AShep said:
Hahah shit. Ref talk like clockwork. You should join Jazz-age next season.

Look, if you think it's normal to average 16 FTs a game and you think Rose and his friends have been playing well for the past month, I don't even know what to say other than who the fuck are you?

dream

SephCast said:
It's good to be MVP.

I still think he's the regular season MVP. I still think he's a great player. But, fuck, you gotta let Bulls-Age know it's okay for people to criticize his weaknesses without acting like someone just fucked their mother.

It's like all the new lifelong Bulls fans have a little DancingJudas in them.

verbum

OK, Hawks have the lead at the half. Bulls are getting hot. I hope the Hawks drink some espresso at half time. They are falling back in that stand and look offense.

Cool to see the Hawks ability to nail really bad long two-pointers is still in them.

Edit: Where's Ernie, who the hell is this nerd in his place?

J2 Cool

Grimm Fandango said:
Boozer acting like he is hot shit after that basket.

I'm okay with Boozer today so far, he hasn't been that stupid, and he threw a couple of assists too. It's sad how low my standards for him have gotten though.

Joe Johnson looks good tonight.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dream said:
I still think he's the regular season MVP. I still think he's a great player. But, fuck, you gotta let Bulls-Age know it's okay for people to criticize his weaknesses without acting like someone just fucked their mother.

They're fellow fans, not relatives that I have to keep in check. I smh just as much as you guys do sometimes.

THRILLH0

Banned
dream said:
Look, if you think it's normal to average 16 FTs a game and you think Rose and his friends have been playing well for the past month, I don't even know what to say other than who the fuck are you?

When you attack the lane the way Rose does, you're going to get calls. It's that simple.

Does he get the benefit of the doubt more than some other players? Of course he does but that's the way it's always been in the NBA when you play the way he does.

That's the way basketball works in general.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that you're clueless about the sport if you can't watch Rose and see how impressive he is.

EDIT: Mate there's nothing wrong with criticising Rose. But there's a difference between legit criticism and "Lol Rose has fucking sucked in the playoffs, where are all teh dickriders nao!!!1!"

Good to see Rose actually get 4 more assists while not committing another TO in the process. Plus he's went 2-3 since the horrid 0-7 start.

dream

SephCast said:
They're fellow fans, not relatives that I have to keep in check. I smh just as much as you guys do sometimes.

ryu would never let a Lakers fan act the way your people do.

Well, maybe omiee.

Red Blaster said:
Cool to see the Hawks ability to nail really bad long two-pointers is still in them.

Edit: Where's Ernie, who the hell is this nerd in his place?

Uhh, almost everyone on the Hawks is only in the league because they can hit contested, off-balance long twos. Except for Marvin Williams, I can't explain how he's in the league.

Truphenom

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Uhh, almost everyone on the Hawks is only in the league because they can hit contested, off-balance long twos. Except for Marvin Williams, I can't explain how he's in the league.

To remind everyone the Hawks could have had Chris Paul.

Resilient

dream said:

If you think it's frustrating dealing with Bulls fans that act like you fucked their mother when you criticise Rose in NBA-GAF, try dealing with it with people you have to see everyday. My friends lose their shit if I even hint at Rose having a weakness. People always claim Lakers-age is bad. They forget about Bulls-age.

THRILLH0

Banned
dream said:

Well, maybe omiee.

dream you're just being a dick. How are we acting?

My first couple of posts in this thread were me commenting on how awful the Bulls are playing.

I made the mistake of replying to an obvious troll by Samurai and then you tried to tell me that Rose has been horrible throughout which is AT LEAST debatable.

Stop carrying on like i'm sticking my fingers in my ears. I recognise that Rose has some serious flaws in his game and that there are times when he needs to take the blinders off. I'm not however going to shy away from revelling in the fact that we've got our first legit superstar since MJ.

PROTIP: It's ok to be a fan sometimes. I know that Lakers, Jazz, Mavs and Celtics fans like to cut themselves when things aren't going well but i'd rather celebrate a pretty fucking great season so far.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
bluebird said:
If you think it's frustrating dealing with Bulls fans that act like you fucked their mother when you criticise Rose in NBA-GAF, try dealing with it with people you have to see everyday. My friends lose their shit if I even hint at Rose having a weakness. People always claim Lakers-age is bad. They forget about Bulls-age.

There are a lot of bandwagon Bulls fans out there who defend Rose because he's like the second coming of Jordan. They don't know real basketball. They know nothing other than the games that happened this year. And even with that, they probably just watch highlights other than the big games.

snack

AShep said:
dream you're just being a dick. How are we acting?

My first couple of posts in this thread were me commenting on how awful the Bulls are playing.

I made the mistake of replying to an obvious troll by Samurai and then you tried to tell me that Rose has been horrible throughout which is AT LEAST debatable.

Stop carrying on like i'm sticking my fingers in my ears. I recognise that Rose has some serious flaws in his game and that there are times when he needs to take the blinders off. I'm not however going to shy away from revelling in the fact that we've got our first legit superstar since MJ.
Just ignore dream. He only loves Rondo and his hugeass hands.

giri

dream said:

Thats the way with ALL LLL's, not just the bulls-bandwagoners.

You're just butt hurt because rondo couldn't even beat mike bibby off the dribble yesterday.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
giri said:
Thats the way with ALL LLL's, not just the bulls-bandwagoners.

You're just butt hurt because rondo couldn't even beat mike bibby off the dribble yesterday.

This. It's just easier to notice because Rose is high profile. Literally almost all the Bulls conversation on this board is Rose and us Bulls fans yelling about Boozer. We did have a Luol Deng conversation once.

dream said:

Well, maybe omiee.

Well, the new crop has been mellow for the most part.

omiee is harmless.

Black Sancha has been stepping it up.

And the rest have chilled out in the last few years...except Konex, who is still a Kobe Lifelong that pretends to like the Lakers.

He hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom