• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

linsivvi

So they should actually have a pretty decent record. They've been really unlucky and have just fallen behind, though Love's re-injury (and overall shitty play) might save them.

Nothing will save the Lakers as long as they have Pringles as coach. He's the worst coach in the league.

In the long term, they'll be screwed as long as Jim Buss has any say in any basketball related matter.

giri

So they should actually have a pretty decent record. They've been really unlucky and have just fallen behind, though Love's re-injury (and overall shitty play) might save them.

Drek benefits immensely from playing with Rubio.

And Rubio is looking like he's starting to find his legs and rythm. He played some ok D in that Atlanta game.

If Pek can stay healthy, and rubio, they could force themselves into the play offs here. (which should make Love sit up and shut the fuck up at the same time).

What does that have to do with?

Lakers are on pace to win 37 games. I am DVR the games, and if they are getting their ass kicked I just forward to the end. I have saved myself lots of time the last week.

bud23

it's not that hard. Oh no, one losing season!

This is the 2nd in the last 30 years or something.

There isn't a safer team to bandwagon than the Lakers in any sport.

rudy_vuelve_153685541.jpg

Real Madrid, mate.

they shouldnt own a professional sports franchise, theyre a fucking disgrace. is there a way for the league to do some kind of coup de tat to get rid of horribad owners?

They just did that with George Shinn and the Hornets. I'd love to see an actual city own a team instead of a private entity. Either that or be publicly owned like the Packers are. I'd become a huge fan of the first team that does it. Maybe the Bucks will follow the Packers lead?

Yes.

the defense part.

eh, maybe

If you compare the offensive and defensive rating of the Lakers to the Nuggets, they are extremely similar with the Nuggets being slightly better defensively and the Lakers being slightly better offensively, and yet the Nuggets are 4 games over .500 and the Lakers are 4 games under.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sports radio in Seattle is saying that the Maloofs want to continue to have a say in the team ownership, regardless of who buys the Kings.

really? From what I read they just want a small share of the team.. no influence..

giri

They just did that with George Shinn and the Hornets. I'd love to see an actual city own a team instead of a private entity. Either that or be publicly owned like the Packers are. I'd become a huge fan of the first team that does it. Maybe the Bucks will follow the Packers lead?

Doesn't Indiana own a portion of the pacers?

really? From what I read they just want a small share of the team.. no influence..

It was originally just a small share of the team, but KJR 950 is now hearing that they want some sort of say in the operations of the team. They joked that they could be in charge of concessions.

giri

It was originally just a small share of the team, but KJR 950 is now hearing that they want some sort of say in the operations of the team. They joked that they could be in charge of concessions.

Why would anyone who is massively overpaying for the franchise ever allow that?

I don't doubt the maloofs are demanding it. There are 2 reasons why they continue to hold onto the franchise

1. Prestige. They get invited to stuff they wouldn't otherwise, just because they own the kings. It helps them in their other businesses and it keeps their name in the papers too, opening doors.

2. They're running it for a profit. At the detriment to any fan base they may have.

So the fact that they want to try and have that "prestige" while selling the team isn't surprising. Its just dumb though.

bud23

If I was a new buyer spending $500million on a team I'd certainly let the Maloofs have say, just look at their track record!

Yeah, the Maloofs are a bad copy of Mark Cuban. If you sell the team, you sell the team. No influence anymore, just take the money and shut up.

Pretty interesting statistic. Could be indicative of even slightly better days ahead for the Nuggets for instance.

sB0b9.png

Top Bottom