• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Sheiiiiiit I forgot we gave Phoenix everything.

Tis going to be a long couple of years.

There has to be a mole in the organization. A sleeper or something.

Jeff-DSA

I still fail to see how this is a insult. Now if he said Raisin Bran I could understand.

He could have said that she tasted like the sweetest honey and he's still implying that he's been down on his wife. I don't think there's any flavor that can be tossed out in the middle of that dig and have it taken as a compliment to Melo.

He could have said that she tasted like the sweetest honey and he's still implying that he's been down on his wife. I don't think there's any flavor that can be tossed out in the middle of that dig and have it taken as a compliment to Melo.

"Your wife tastes like The Larry O'brien."

Clippers fans only like to talk about this season.

I've actually enjoyed the last 3 seasons of Clippers, including the one before Chris Paul got here. It was pretty fun seeing them turn around from having the worst record to nearly (kind of) making the playoffs. In fact, this season wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if not for the fact that the franchise has been so bad for so long.

Historically, I wouldn't be surprised if every team has a winning record against the Clippers aside from the Kittens.

Also, I talk about the Clippers every season, Jeff.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pshhhh

Yeah you were talking some real shit back near the draft.

Wish Portland had moved up and took him. Leonard looks a HS kid trying to learn how to play.
I like him now. But I'm kinda skeptical of bigs on shitty teams.

Clippers fans only like to talk about this season.

I still happily talk about the 2005-2006 season! I went to all of the home playoff games too!

I also happily talk about my signed Loy Voight calendar I got when he visited a JC Penny at my local mall along with the Clipper Spirit.
I was actually a Laker fan back then when my boy Nick the Quick was still on the team

Didn't you say something about EAD last night, DP?

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi

According to AccuScore the Lakers have a 48.3% chance of making the playoffs, finishing with an average of 42 wins after 10,000 simulations.

The last five teams to make the postseason as an 8 seed in the West had a combined win percentage of .584, which is about 48 wins.

The Lakers would have to go 33-14 the rest of the season to finish 48-34.

... that's going to be hard to do.

I for one would be flattered to be compared to the following brands:

Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries
Berry Burst Cheerios
Bamm-Bamm Berry Pebbles
Yogurt Burst Cheerios
Nut’N Honey

I still don't know how the Lakers are losing so many games.

You can say they are slow, but their are some pretty immobile front courts out there--look at Memphis. Defensively the Nuggets are pretty awful. Are Nene/Okafor really that much better than a poor mans version of Dwight/Pau?

There's just some shit that blows my mind about their record.

Here's a gif for future use...

ZJh4fn

Cloudy

Banned
I still don't know how the Lakers are losing so many games.

You can say they are slow, but their are some pretty immobile front courts out there--look at Memphis. Defensively the Nuggets are pretty awful. Are Nene/Okafor really that much better than a poor mans version of Dwight/Pau?

There's just some shit that blows my mind about their record.

They've been unlucky with injuries and in some close games but the biggest issue is FTs. Look at this:

Lost by 8 vs. Dallas (19 fts missed on 38% shooting) | Dwight 3-14 | Others 9-17

Lost by 2 @Houston (12 fts missed on 64% shooting) | Dwight 8-16 | Others 14-18

Lost by 2 vs. San Antonio (8 fts missed on 63% shooting) | Dwight 3-6 | Others 11-16

Lost by 2 vs. Indiana (20 fts missed on 53% shooting) | Dwight 3-12 | Others 20-31

Lost by 6 @ Cleveland (15 fts missed on 62% shooting) | Dwight 13-22 | Others 12-18

Lost by 4 vs. Philly (11 fts missed on 66%) | Dwight 5-10 | Others 17-23

I see at the very least 4 wins thrown away at the FT line and it doesn't even show the Orlando game. The Magic hacked Dwight throughout the 4th and completely destroyed the Lakers offensive rhythm

As Odom sat in front of his locker Wednesday night, he scoffed at the idea that chemistry doesn't matter as some on the Lakers have said this week.

"It's a team sport," Odom said. "If we were playing a poker game and we don't like each other, then … you've seen those movies. But if everyone gets along, it's s---- and giggles. In this locker room we have fun, it's s---- and giggles and cake."

Odom wasn't joking. After the Clippers beat the Dallas Mavericks 99-93 for their league-best 13th straight win at home that pushed their record to a league-best 28-8, Ronny Turiaf was handing out chocolate cupcakes from a plastic Tupperware tray he had in his locker.

"Only if they're gluten-free," said Chris Paul, taking a quick look at the cupcakes.

"They're gluten-free, bro," Turiaf said, in his best surfer accent.

Oh man, cake again...

Isaiah Austin is playing pretty well lately, if you need to draft a big with some offensive talent in the late lottery he should be on your radar.

They've been unlucky with injuries and in some close games but the biggest issue is FTs. Look at this:

I see at the very least 4 wins thrown away at the FT line and it doesn't even show the Orlando game. The Magic hacked Dwight throughout the 4th and completely destroyed the Lakers offensive rhythm

Maybe they should have Pau & Dwight rotate as the center.
Dwight early in the quarters, with great defense & Pau, worse D, but with good ft, late when teams would start to intentionally fouling Dwight.

Top Bottom