• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

So the Nets are 2 games back from the division lead and #2 in the East. Discuss.

PS today is my birthday, so Bobcats, Sactown, Phoenix, and Washington will find a way to win tonight.

KingGondo

Banned
WestbrookJump_original.gif
Swag Level: INFINITY

DEA7C189-E307-4D83-9B53-593D100F1A9C-5543-000003877A5F032E.jpg

Pimpwerx

Are you bored by every non-Heat player in the league?

Hell no. I like Beardrn, and now that he's no longer a Knick, I actually like Jeremy Lin. I like Russ and KD and I'm eager to see Rose return. My favorite non-Heat player is probably Rubio. Dude is just fun as hell to watch. I was just busting balls over Wall because he's been pretty disappointing so far. I can't lie though, I want to see what he looks like alongside Beal. PEACE.

EDIT: I didn't know Westbrook was carrying a manpurse. That's never a good look. I thought the shirt was pretty badass though.

The Nets are 7-15 against teams with an above .500 record and were below .500 before their dead coach bump.

So disrespected.

Beat the Clips. Beat the Thunder. Came within a last second 3 of defeating the Knicks (again).

One of the hardest schedules at the start of the season (22 games against opponents above .500).

7-15 is very misleading as well because of time missed by both Wallace and Lopez not to mention Avery Johnson really crippling the team with his coaching.

Beating the teams they're supposed to beat while gelling as a team. Brook Lopez has never played extensively with Deron and of course, JJ is new to the team so growing pains are expected.

Winning is winning.

he was never holding the team back just was shooting bad. Time to watch some nets games. Look's like the knicks and nets will have a similar season afterall.

I've been a Nets fan for over a decade now and I can honestly say there was a stretch this year when it was unwatchable. I even watched that 12-70 season and parts of this season looked no better.

They'd go into the half with a lead or a very close game only to get severely outplayed in the 3rd. Turnovers galore by Deron. Straight brick layin' by Deron and JJ. Poor defensive rotations across the board.

Under PJ, ball movement has been much better, tempo has been faster (3-4 straight games above 109pts), defense seems more solid, team has confidence again, a couple of players were DNP CD and riding the bench have played big parts in the last few wins (M&M). A lot of the mental mistakes that they were making before have magically been fixed with the ouster of AJ.

I will go so far as to say that the Nets will end up with a higher seed than the Knicks as long as injury bug doesn't hit. Knicks are too dependent on the 3 and their hot shooting at the beginning of the year is starting to cool off. They have a lot of older guys as well and they won't wear well as the season goes on.

Probably fake but seriously when did we become the Laker's dump?

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981837234

Not sure why anybody does it...but that only probably makes it more likely.

Lol that makes no sense for anybody. I know Gortat was upset when Nash left and would probably love playing with him again.

Unless Dwight is done for the season LA is not trading for a Center.

Nash Kobe Beas Clark Gortat
Duhon Meeks Metta Jamison Sacre

Eventually Marcin would be backing up Dwight again, and didn't he fucking hate that in ORL?

Lol that makes no sense for anybody. I know Gortat was upset when Nash left and would probably love playing with him again.

Unless Dwight is done for the season LA is not trading for a Center.

Nash Kobe Beas Clark Gortat
Duhon Meeks Metta Jamison Sacre

Eventually Marcin would be backing up Dwight again, and didn't he fucking hate that in ORL?

Would be worth it to see Dwight seethe if the Lakers played better with Gortat in the lineup. I still don't see why Phoenix makes any moves this year, particularly any with teams that have draft implications for them.

137374474.jpg

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade say the Heat faced more pressure than the Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers had a lot of expectations this season and have met precisely none of them. With a starting lineup of four likely Hall of Famers, the Lakers looked like a juggernaut that even the most conservative estimates pegged for 60 wins and a pretty good shot at winning the West. Instead, they've gone 15-20, fired a coached, and looked like an aging team in need of several dozen infusions of energy and togetherness.
It's been tough for players like Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard, in part because there's a lot of pressure on all of them to succeed. But, according to LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, the Lakers are seeing nothing like what the Miami Heat experienced in the aftermath of "The Decision" in 2010. From Joseph Goodman for the Miami Herald (via EOB):
James and [Dwyane] Wade had to chuckle Thursday when asked if the current scrutiny the Lakers are experiencing compares to what the Heat went through in 2010. Not even close, said the Heat’s stars.
“No one will ever be able to compare what we went through,” James said. “Even though they’re not winning and they’re losing a lot of games, it’s still nowhere near what we went through.
“Yeah, right. That level of magnitude was nowhere near where ours was two years ago. Nothing. Nothing compares to it.” [...]
The difference between the Lakers’ negative spotlight and the Heat’s scrutiny in 2010, according to Wade, was that Miami began the season fighting off potential distractions. The Heat’s celebration after signing Wade, James and Chris Bosh, plus James’ ill-conceived TV special ensured a rocky start for the Heat if it didn’t win immediately.
“Because of everything that happened in 2010 with offseason signings, it was, automatically, just a lot of negative things that was said about us,” Wade said. “[Los Angeles] didn’t go through that at the beginning. They didn’t go through anything negative about bringing those guys together, so ours started off bad and it stayed bad for a while, and then we got better.”

KingKong

well keep in mind that Wade also said this

"There's going to be times when we might lose one, two games in a row, maybe two games, three games in a row, you never know. It's going to seem like the world is crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade has just went down again. But it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games lost and we'll have to get back on track."

so he's just a little melodramatic

Looking at Deron lately it is kind of hard to shake the notion that the team flat out quit on Avery. Dude went from shooting 39% on the year to suddenly hitting near 50% in January, and his rebounding and 3p% has ticked up as well. Superstars don't have to say anything public to get a coach fired.

well keep in mind that Wade also said this

so he's just a little melodramatic
yea that was dumb
Looking at Deron lately it is kind of hard to shake the notion that the team flat out quit on Avery. Dude went from shooting 39% on the year to suddenly hitting near 50% in January, and his rebounding and 3p% has ticked up as well. Superstars don't have to say anything public to get a coach fired.
damn, avery being gone healed his wrist.

SamuraiX-

James and [Dwyane] Wade had to chuckle Thursday when asked if the current scrutiny the Lakers are experiencing compares to what the Heat went through in 2010. Not even close, said the Heat’s stars.
“No one will ever be able to compare what we went through,” James said. “Even though they’re not winning and they’re losing a lot of games, it’s still nowhere near what we went through.
“Yeah, right. That level of magnitude was nowhere near where ours was two years ago. Nothing. Nothing compares to it.” [...]

LOL

Oh, the horror.

"There's going to be times when we might lose one, two games in a row, maybe two games, three games in a row, you never know. It's going to seem like the world is crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade has just went down again. But it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games lost and we'll have to get back on track."

No idea how I missed this back then.

What a fucking clown.

Cipherr

Swag Level: INFINITY

DEA7C189-E307-4D83-9B53-593D100F1A9C-5543-000003877A5F032E.jpg

Is that a leather shirt? And a purse?

Well, he ain't lying. Although all the shit they got was mostly/completely self inflicted, they absolutely DID get way more shit than the Lakers have to date this season. But again, since the shit the Heat endured was self inflicting by all the shit they said and did, no one will really care that they had it worse.

The whole WTC quote is like politically retarded and shit but please don't act like they are so offbase with the whole pressure thing.

Lebron was probably the most scrutinized player a sport has ever saw prior to the decision and post that, it like tripled. All the fake and fabricated outrage is hilarious to think about these days though.

Top Bottom