• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Omega

Banned
magicc-426x640.png

wtf

giri

Because All-Star Saturday has always been better than the actual game. Even if the dunk contest is straight garbage these days.

I don't know man. The dunk contest has been whacked as hell these last few years. The shooting stars is just meh, and the 3 point contest just isn't what it used to be.

I don't think it's about the events them selves, but all the shit the TNT and other crews talk about the players, while those events are happening.

Like when rondo was playing horse and Chuck was trolling the shit out of him asking why he couldn't do that in games.

Is terry porter coaching the wolves again?

mhi

How many young point guards gets to play and learn from 2 other Hall of Fame PGs ? Eric Bloadsoe couldn't be in a better situation.

An OKC LAC WCF would be epic. Del Negro vs Brooks in a battle of incompetence.

KingGondo

Banned
How many young point guards gets to play and learn from 2 other Hall of Fame PGs ? Eric Bloadsoe couldn't be in a better situation.

An OKC LAC WCF would be epic. Del Negro vs Brooks in a battle of incompetence.
That's one of the few matchups in which I feel OKC has a decided coaching advantage.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mike D'Antoni on LeBron saying Heat had it tougher: "Probably because I don't think he handled The Decision very well."

The best thing Dantoni has done since he's been here is that.

"We all knew that going into this new ownership that something was going to happen," Gay said. "But it's not something that should really bother us. We're professionals. It's not the first time (trade talks) have happened. It won't be the last. So we shouldn't be stressed about it."

There is, however, a human nature factor to constant trade talks, according to veteran forward Zach Randolph, who also has been discussed in potential deals.

"We're mentally up and down," Randolph said. "We have to focus on us being together and play with confidence. All this trade talk definitely has something to do with (the team's psyche) but it's the business of basketball and we've got to deal with it.

Griz CEO Jason Levien, who has declined requests from The Commercial Appeal to talk publicly about his plans for the team, has talked to Gay a few times about the team's situation. Levien's first question to Gay centered on whether the 6-8 forward still wants to be in Memphis.

Gay indicated his desire to continue as a Grizzly. Yet neither Gay nor Randolph received an invitation to dinner with team owner Robert Pera last week when the team concluded a three-game road trip at Golden State.

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol were the only players invited to dine with Pera.
Rob Pera fuckin around with dat team chemistry. Gay is whatever, but you dont leave ZBo out in the cold like that and you dont fucking put his name out there in trade talks.

Pimpwerx

I just don't want this happening again

lb942.jpg

Kenny & Chuck know what's up

Is BJ in the HoF yet? If not, it's a travesty. Jordan would never have won his first few titles without the strong PG play of the legendary BJ Armstrong. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little. PEACE.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dwight Howard just introduced his imaginary girlfriend "of three years." I told Dwight that I expect him to RT her later.

At least the Lakers are comedians :(

Pimpwerx

Im calling a loss from now. Wade's bday was last night, and I feel like we've lost every game that's followed a Big3 bday. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect a lot of hangover ball tonight. PEACE.

Im calling a loss from now. Wade's bday was last night, and I feel like we've lost every game that's followed a Big3 bday. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect a lot of hangover ball tonight. PEACE.

Yeah the second game on a back-to-back following a birthday AND a LeBron double milestone game? There's a reason that the Lakers are actually considered a favorite.

God Stiemsma is so terrible. I thought people said he was good at defense? I expected him to be terrible on offense, but he's almost just as bad on defense which is saying a lot.

I'm not sure if I'm just stupidly cynical or most the players in this upcoming draft suck, but Noel is the only prospect I've seen this year who I think could definitely be an all-star.

McLemore will probably be very good though.

Yeah, there's a reason the Wolves cut him in camp 3 years ago.

Dang I didn't remember that. No wonder he's terrible. Wasn't that during the year(s) where the Wolves were having those weird "open tryouts" for people to come in and make the team too? (Although maybe I'm just misremembering that. I could swear something weird like that happened though.) Hopefully they're past those dark years, although these all of these injuries are distressing.

Edit: Fuck, now Shved is badly hurt.

Top Bottom