• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

etiolate

Banned
Ohhh i don't know about that.

Can't say i've watched a ton of Jordan but from what i remember he wasn't getting foul calls from rip-throughs. I bet you that team didn't lead in most ft's in the 4th quarter either.

I ain't saying this team isn't talented, but i wish i could see Durant actually have to make buckets, instead of making shots from the free throw line.

The rip-through move is more common today than it was then. The late 80s and 90s were about the phantom anticipation fouls. If Jordan could start his drive to the hoop then the ref was ready to blow the whistle regardless of what actually happens on the play.

21 FTs is some ridiculous shit. it's like you're not allowed to defend him.

To make matters worse he flails to try to get more calls and he's gotten technicals this year when he felt like a whistle should have gone his way. He's the least efficient superstar in the league. Remember the 2006 Finals and Wade getting all of those freebies? That's Durant every game. People can knock Lebron all they want, but at least he doesn't live at the line and has developed a multi-faceted offensive game.

To make matters worse he flails to try to get more calls and he's gotten technicals this year when he felt like a whistle should have gone his way. He's the least efficient superstar in the league. Remember the 2006 Finals and Wade getting all of those freebies? That's Durant every game. People can knock Lebron all they want, but at least he doesn't live at the line and has developed a multi-faceted offensive game.

Bro, I don't think efficient means what you think it means, bro.

Lol you know it's a good thing to get to the line, right?

chiwins.gif

goddamnn

thanks chicago :)

fertygo

Bwahahahahaha

Da fuck? That's the definition of efficiency.

I don't get why a Mavs fan would be upset at flailing. Dirk does that a ton too

Payers are taught to sell the call. don't knock them for that

So I've been doing a LOT of air travelling as of late.

In doing so, I have finally had a chance to start plowing through 'The Wire', spoiler free.

Just completed Season 2 and all I have to say is, fuck
Zigg
. Most useless character in the show thus far. So annoying...

So Carlisle has now played both Derek Fisher and Mike James over Collison this season? Is a power move against a strong willed pg really worth costing your team games and your career? When keeping it real goes wrong.

KingGondo

Banned
Huh. So this is what it looks like when hate completely overrides reality.

This entire post is hilariously deluded.

Huh. So this is what it looks like when hate completely overrides reality.

This entire post is hilariously deluded.

How crazy to think that superstars get treated differently in the NBA. Delusion I tell you.

The laughable part of the message you quote is that he thinks that LeBron is not tucked into bed by referees.

So Carlisle has now played both Derek Fisher and Mike James over Collison this season? Is a power move against a strong willed pg really worth costing your team games and your career? When keeping it real goes wrong.

Remember when NO fans wanted to trade CP because Collison was dominating games when he was injured?

KingGondo

Banned
How crazy to think that superstars get treated differently in the NBA. Delusion I tell you.

The laughable part of the message you quote is that he thinks that LeBron is not tucked into bed by referees.
It's not even the ref point, which I agree with to a degree... It's saying that KD's offensive game isn't multifaceted, and that it's somehow less so than LeBron, whose entire game revolves around bullrushing the rim through contact and taking pull-up jumpers.

KD has the most diverse offensive game in the league, and it really isn't close. He can score from anywhere in a variety of ways, and his passing is continuing to improve.

KingGondo

Banned
im probabaly wrong, I dont watch too many OKC games.

so

yea

gondo educate me plz
He's great at getting to the rim, he has a fantastic crossover, the aforementioned Dirk one-legged fadeaway is now part of his arsenal, nice touch around the rim, his jumper is reliable pulling up and coming off screens, and he can post up too.

He's great at getting to the rim, he has a fantastic crossover, the aforementioned Dirk one-legged fadeaway is now part of his arsenal, nice touch around the rim, his jumper is reliable pulling up and coming off screens, and he can post up too.
nice that he has a good crossover for someone his size. I've definitely noticed the dirk fadeaway and that's always cool to see.

thanks.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Shved's out, Pek's out, Dante Cunningham is sick, and the Wolves are bringing up some dude from the DLeague named Chris Johnson.

I have to laugh so I don't cry.

HAHAHAHA.
The most blatant cheating in the NBA Finals history was the refs literally making sure the Heat & especially D Wade won those games.

Except that you can only argue that "bad reffing" affected one game, game 5. But revise history all you would like.

I sure didn't see any crying about officiating in games 1, 2, 3, and 4.

ohNOitsRO

HAHAHAHA.
The most blatant cheating in the NBA Finals history was the refs literally making sure the Heat & especially D Wade won those games.

So this is still going on? Still mavs bitter tears fueled by German petroleum..

This is such a copout, like what an empty statement. "LOL WADE SHOT 46 FT's IN TWO GAMES, ON 49 FGA, NOT COUNTING THE MISSED SHOTS THAT DON'T GET RECORDED IN STATS DURING A FOUL UNLESS IT'S AN AND ONE, SO THE CHEAT CHEATED LOL"

Maybe if dirk nugget wasn't a bitch and would use his 7 foot ass to actually drive it in the basket he would've gotten more calls, but superstar or not, I hope you realize the chances of getting a foul called during a jump shot, and those of a foul being called as you fucking take it into the paint are MARIGNALLY DIFFERENT

I'm still waiting to hear what part of those finals was cheating, cause all I see are empty loaded statements.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

This is such a copout, like what an empty statement. "LOL WADE SHOT 46 FT's IN TWO GAMES, ON 49 FGA, NOT COUNTING THE MISSED SHOTS THAT DON'T GET RECORDED IN STATS DURING A FOUL UNLESS IT'S AN AND ONE, SO THE CHEAT CHEATED LOL"

Maybe if dirk nugget wasn't a bitch and would use his 7 foot ass to actually drive it in the basket he would've gotten more calls, but superstar or not, I hope you realize the chances of getting a foul called during a jump shot, and those of a foul being called as you fucking take it into the paint are MARIGNALLY DIFFERENT

I'm still waiting to hear what part of those finals was cheating, cause all I see are empty loaded statements.

lol damn

I have no idea who you are

What you do

and what your name is

But you are my new favorite poster

Heat-age has been making this argument for years, but it falls on deaf ears and blind eyes anyways

I guess they all forgot the epic choke in game 3, one of the most pathetic 4th quarters by any team in playoff history in game 4, and getting dominated by Alonzo in game 6. Like I said earlier game 5 was pretty shaky but it WAS jumpshots vs. drives, yet GAME 5 RUINED IT ALL

Emwitus

It's not even the ref point, which I agree with to a degree... It's saying that KD's offensive game isn't multifaceted, and that it's somehow less so than LeBron, whose entire game revolves around bullrushing the rim through contact and taking pull-up jumpers.

KD has the most diverse offensive game in the league, and it really isn't close. He can score from anywhere in a variety of ways, and his passing is continuing to improve.

LOL how about no. That still belongs to kobe bryant. I hate the guy but his offensive set is on another level.

EDIT: And kobe has been doing the one legged jumper for ages.

6989739564_f22b735459_o.gif

Do I really have to bust out these again?

Well you're responding to it, so "deaf ears and blind eyes" sounds pretty accurate.

Maybe I didn't write it the correct way. Should I say "Ignores everything except the arguments that supports only Mavs fans, looks at it from only one angle, and posts the same 5 videos over and over again year after year?"

I'm still not sure how those videos you posted illustrate what a soft team Dallas was during the finals, and it's too bad you didn't post the epic choke in game 3, the 7 point 4th quarter in game 4, and Zo's 6 blocks in game 6. Keep posting on!

Top Bottom